So which team/teams get left out of the playoffs?

No- It is the use of "well we just schedule cupcakes" mentality to downplay the Texas loss and then circling the wagons against a team to point out why that team should not be there. That is the bully factor.

A non-bully approach is to just state your argument based on what your teams have done without discrediting other teams.
The argument is easy. “4 best teams”. The committee obviously thought FSU is not that at the moment. I agree with them. I don’t think they touch Bama or Ga at the moment.

Reactions: BradentonVol
FSU just beat a higher ranked team than Texas and got passed. If everything else was so important then why was FSU ranked higher than Texas to begin with?
Rhetorical question..
Louisville isn’t a good team, Kentucky beat them. If they were in the SEC, they probably wouldn’t be going bowling.

Reactions: EastTNVol6240
First Bold - So what? Winning a garbage conference isn't impressive.

Second Bold - It doesn't matter who is 5th or 6th. Same thing.

You've already made the argument against yourself in your previous post when you said "With Jordan Travis blah blah blah". They don't have him. He's out for the year. FSU is not a top 4 team right now. Your thinking is how TCU, which was not a top 4 team last year made the cut and how we got a 65-7 natty. Just because they won a crappy conference. It's the top 4 teams not "Deserving".

Bottom line, 4 teams is absurd. Needs to be 24 like the FCS.

Actually it does matter. If Bama is “better” than Florida State and gets put above, why change the formula for Georgia and Florida State?

Because if you say Bama is better than Florida State but not Georgia, you obviously have a formula that isn’t consistent. And if it isn’t consistent, why not? It’s bias. And what is the bias? Bama Bias….

It’s pretty black and white. If you think FSU is a lesser team, you have to rank them accordingly in the rankings. Worse than Bama but better than Georgia? Flawed formula.

I think Tennessee right now beats FSU. FSU had no right to be in without their starting QB. Georgia is going to obliterate them at will.

The SEC IMO is down top to bottom this year. I mean ACC had a winning record head to head with SEC. But this will help Bamas recruiting & all you ppl that like to Shout SEC.SEC..SEC will get your wish. I’m against all except the Vols.

First Bold - So what? Winning a garbage conference isn't impressive.

Second Bold - It doesn't matter who is 5th or 6th. Same thing.

You've already made the argument against yourself in your previous post when you said "With Jordan Travis blah blah blah". They don't have him. He's out for the year. FSU is not a top 4 team right now. Your thinking is how TCU, which was not a top 4 team last year made the cut and how we got a 65-7 natty. Just because they won a crappy conference. It's the top 4 teams not "Deserving".

Bottom line, 4 teams is absurd. Needs to be 24 like the FCS.
The crappy conference had a winning record vs the SEC this year, all other conferences had a losing record.

Florida State without Jordan Travis is not a top 4 team. That team loses to Bama, Georgia, Texas, or Ohio State. Thank God we don't have to watch them get murdered in the first round.
lol. College football is the only sport where a committee decides who is best and not the records. Like it or not, TCU deserved it last year and so does FSU this season. I can’t wait for the playoff system to make it fair regardless of optics of how the team looks.

Reactions: volfan102455
Louisville isn’t a good team, Kentucky beat them. If they were in the SEC, they probably wouldn’t be going bowling.
Opinion stated above. More of the how I feel crowd chiming in. Fact is Louisville was ranked higher than OK ST. FSU beat a better team than Texas did and got passed. No opinions just facts.

The SEC IMO is down top to bottom this year. I mean ACC had a winning record head to head with SEC. But this will help Bamas recruiting & all you ppl that like to Shout SEC.SEC..SEC will get your wish. I’m against all except the Vols.

Yes this helps with recruiting so hurts Tennessee in the long run. Some are just SEC, SEC, SEC - when in fact that means BAMA, BAMA, BAMA

They flat out said it was the injury making FSU a different team than they had been.
Which ranking Georgia below Florida State looks odd. Why use one formula for Bama and Florida State and another for Florida State and Georgia? Seems like if you (CFP) honestly believe FSU is a different team, you use same formula for the rankings

Florida State without Jordan Travis is not a top 4 team. That team loses to Bama, Georgia, Texas, or Ohio State. Thank God we don't have to watch them get murdered in the first round.
The #2 guy would be back and they’d be fine.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
It’s strange that a lot of you, claim all year, how the SEC is the toughest conference in all of football. Then when the SEC Champion gets a spot in the playoffs, it’s SEC bias. I hate Bama as much as anyone but, if the goal is to put the best teams in those “4” spots, I think the committee got it right. However, I don’t think that has always been the committee’s goal (see last year with TCU).

Reactions: irish1485
I'm sure it plays a part, but we all know FSU without it's starting QB is clearly not one of the 4 best. That's the job, pick the 4 best.

Which they didn’t do. The rankings they used to pick the best didn’t use a consistent formula in the Top 6

Bama better than FSU but FSU better than Georgia?

The CFP blew up their model and didn’t even get it right which makes this even more dumb.

VN Store

Back