So which team/teams get left out of the playoffs?

The SEC IMO is down top to bottom this year. I mean ACC had a winning record head to head with SEC. But this will help Bamas recruiting & all you ppl that like to Shout SEC.SEC..SEC will get your wish. I’m against all except the Vols.
I don’t think it’s as much love or hate bama as you like to make it. I hate bama. But I still think them being in that 4 spot was the fair call.

Reactions: BradentonVol
I think Tennessee right now beats FSU. FSU had no right to be in without their starting QB. Georgia is going to obliterate them at will.
I’m not sure TN could even score on that defense. Conversely, we tend to make scrub QBs look like Joe Montana…,

They beat LSU convincingly. Bama barely escaped several times this year but I guess that don’t matter. Facts are still 13-0 and 12-1
The beat LSU with a Heisman candidate. They don't have him now so they are no where near the same team at this time.

Auburn plays defense and Alabama not in the picture/consideration.
FSU state stays healthy at QB at least the 2nd string and Alabama in the picture but not selected.
Of course GA wins Alabama not in the picture. Horse Caller Called or not called? Catch or No Catch? Who knows.
Saban almost made it to the CFP last year with no leg to stand and was over TN in the Final CFP standings.
It's BS every year, 12 teams is not going to change things just add to the choas as the Selection committee will chose several non deserving teams over better teams.

TV had a big decision in this TCU made this happen more than anything it’s about money ppl left the TCU game & the Ad $ s suffered. So the committee had a lot of pressure from the Network

Reactions: TNgradmom
Cant wait for this fake outrage to be over after UGA manhandles FSU in their bowl game

Reactions: Volhoops
The beat LSU with a Heisman candidate. They don't have him now so they are no where near the same team at this time.
Their defense can still hold down ANYONE. Give a backup QB a months worth of reps and see what he can do. If FSU can score 24, they can beat anyone because of their defense.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
Which they didn’t do. The rankings they used to pick the best didn’t use a consistent formula in the Top 6

Bama better than FSU but FSU better than Georgia?

The CFP blew up their model and didn’t even get it right which makes this even more dumb.
I agree on having FSU above Georgia. It should have been UGA 5 and Ohio St 6 and FSU at 7 if they were honest. This was a "you just missed it" move and was disingenuous.

I agree on having FSU above Georgia. It should have been UGA 5 and Ohio St 6 and FSU at 7 if they were honest. This was a "you just missed it" move and was disingenuous.

Which in their mind they don’t care because this is the last year of 4 teams. If there was a year to do this, this is the year.

Reactions: UTwild82
Auburn plays defense and Alabama not in the picture/consideration.
FSU state stays healthy at QB at least the 2nd string and Alabama in the picture but not selected.
Of course GA wins Alabama not in the picture. Horse Caller Called or not called? Catch or No Catch? Who knows.
Saban almost made it to the CFP last year with no leg to stand and was over TN in the Final CFP standings.
It's BS every year, 12 teams is not going to change things just add to the choas as the Selection committee will chose several non deserving teams over better teams.
You’re just angry. 12 teams changes everything. Honestly is probably 4 to many. I’ve never looked outside the top 6 and thought “man that number 13 team really deserved to be in”.

No it is the wrong call - sends the wrong message. If a key player gets hurt - you are out no matter who you have beaten and if you still win.
But it is part of the criteria the committee looks at and always has been as far as I remember. FSU is not replacing Jalen Hurt with Tua. They are replacing a Heisman candidate with a scrub QB.

Reactions: EastTNVol6240
They'd be a borderline top 10 team, but all the other teams in consideration beat FSU with the backup, based on what we saw with him at the helm.
What we saw with him getting thrust into a night start at the Swamp with 3-4 days worth of prep? That’s the only and final arbiter of how he’d play given more opportunities?

I don’t think it’s as much love or hate bama as you like to make it. I hate bama. But I still think them being in that 4 spot was the fair call.
So if you are on a undefeated team and you get passed by a team with a double digit loss at their Stadium & a miracle win vs a mediocre team you would be OK with that. OK. GOTCHA.

If Ohio St, Oregon, FSU, GA do not have to play each other in a bowl game then there's no point in having bowl games or assigning them any meaning.

Undefeated team with a SOS of 55. Bama with a SOC of 5. You really don’t want to talk about that. Conference matters. FSU isn’t undefeated if Put in SEC. FSU also had some uninspiring wins. You just hate Bama so much you can’t be level headed.

The four best would include Georgia as well wouldn’t it? If we’re going with your argument.
I don’t think so. Georgia had a #37 (I think) SOS, the other 4 teams had better. Then comes the question “why is Florida State ahead of Georgia”? If it’s best team, I can’t figure that one out.

Washington beat Texas in 2022 bowl game. Sark used to Coach Washington. Interesting match up. Washington will beat them.

VN Store

Back