Someone to be announced tomorrow? (rumors)

If this is the case I’ll fully support him until he proves that I shouldn’t. I gave my support to 4-8 Dooley, Brian Kelly’s lap dog and Cornbread Bammer. At this point what the hell let’s go.
Same. I have nothing against Elliott, don't know enough to have an opinion. Sure, would've loved a homerun hire, but in reality most know that wasn't happening. Whoever it is will surely get a couple years pass because of the situation. If he is fielding 3 win seasons in 5 years, then it's a problem. Hopefully he's the next big thing.

dWy0fJ_Pa_oHs0FkTJvl22m5t2X5fvU82nXpo5Oqq2axKbJS9Z8eFav7IHgCZezWFf8wXe8C8zwO-JZIfzSqGB-CKyyU-NhB4YKV5BME8i4
They were losing donations with Pruitt. This hire will just speed up the process.

Well, he can make good calls. Him and Chaney together might be able to score 50 points a game together. Kevin Steele defensive co. can have a good defense. Let’s ride😍😍😍

I will say he is not my first or second or even my third choice, but if that’s who we choose I will at least support the guy. After all he had the courage to come into this dumpster fire right now.

Reactions: volncleveland
This is not what Bob on VQ said. He said the hire was done. He never gave a name. The confusion comes because he was referring to a question about Elliott. As a matter of fact, I took it to imply it IS NOT Elliott.
I took it to read he was referring to Elliott. If he wasn’t, my bad.

I hope this is true.

Don’t get me wrong......I wanted Freeze......but after the Pruitt mess.....that wasn’t going to happen.

For me.......this would be much better than some of the names floated. Sure “name wise” and experience wise it could be better. However I’m liking it and think it will work much better than the previous coaches.
What do you like about it? Not trying to be a d*** but if experience doesn't matter, what should I be looking at? He seems like a very nice man but he's never even ran his own offense let alone his own team.

Reactions: Border Vol
Our media is guessing and folks on here are biting like a skip jack to a grub. I am going to wait till I see White announce before I buy anything. I do have a feeling tomorrow may be the day but I don't think anybody truly knows who it is. I think it's White and a very few that know and everyone else even close to the situation is guessing or being misdirected. GBO!!!!

If true, Elliott was someone White "supposedly" wanted back when he hired Heupel , but missed on Elliott . If we were going to hire an AD to just do what we say and shut up, we could have saved some money. Let the dude make his hires and see what happens. He's made pretty smart choices up to getting here.

I would bet if we were hiring Eric Bieniemy or Joe Brady everyone would be saying home run hire. Both are coordinators to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure everyone is a coordinator until their not. Who cares except the keyboard warriors on this site.

Reactions: tribe80 and 08Vol
Some of you need to quit projecting your fear from what Pruitt did onto Tony Elliot. They are completely different coaches, therefore you cannot assume the results will be the same. I get the concern. I do. I have them too. But to sit here and act like ya'll are Nostradamus and KNOW what the outcome is going to be, just stop! We don't know. If he turns out to be the next coach, let's throw the full weight of our support behind him until he gives us a reason not to!

VN Store

Back