Someone to be announced tomorrow? (rumors)

Let me say while Elliott was not even in my top 5 of coaches I am not saying he might not have a bright future or be able to turn us around. The folks at Clemson like him alot in general, he for sure knows offense and he is very smart. Alot of outside media would love the hire and he would get some hype from them. But we aren't after hype I want a coach that can get it done here. In the end I will support whomever White hires and be hoping it proves to be a great hire.

If true, lets give the guy a chance. We're in a s*** hole right now. Can't expect to be landing top tier, proven, sitting head football coaches at this point. Its gonna take a while to restore our image.

Agree, but haven't we been a s***hole for about 10 years now. Pruitt was likely the worst. Obnoxious, egotistical Redneck cheating Ahole.

Reactions: MEDVOL and kcvols1
Maybe Elliot can bring some bonafide assistant with him. Hell he could keep chaney to call plays and put Steele in to call the D. He will be able to hire a online, dline coach. Given his background as a walk-on to starter I would hope he would place a premium on player dev.
Bring in Rodney Garner to coach D-Line and be recruiting coordinator. Have Steele as D-Coordinator. Retain Graham as RB coach. That's a hell of a start to building a staff.

What do you like about it? Not trying to be a d*** but if experience doesn't matter, what should I be looking at? He seems like a very nice man but he's never even ran his own offense let alone his own team.

For 1 you need to do more research.

This guy has ran the Clemson offense since December 2014.

Not sure “anyone” has said experience doesn’t matter. However Tennessee has tried head coaches before.....and they also didn’t work.

I like the guy because he knows offense, he runs a good offense. He has been at Clemson for 10 years......easy to see how this guy develops talent (unlike Pruitt as he was good with other people’s players and teams).

I like that he is young, from everything I’ve read he is well liked and extremely smart........things opposite of Pruitt.

Just because Pruitt failed......doesn’t mean Elliot will. Most good coaches were once coordinators (bad ones too)......it’s about finding the “right” guy........White has a good track record of doing that.......he probably knows more of what to look for as you or I.

The problem is that Jeff Fisher is interested in the position. Jeff Fisher should be the floor (absolute worst) we could do in the search. I think most people would be pretty happy with Jeff Fisher or better. Hopefully it's better. Dykes or Elliott, neither have done near as much as Fisher proving their coaching worth. Steele is a better choice than either of these guys. I hope Tony Elliott all of the success in the world but not to learn on the job here at Tennessee. We can't, absolutely can't afford, another swing and a miss.

One thing I do believe, White is going to hire or has already got us a coach. It will not be Steele and it will not be Dykes. Just my very strong opinion on them things.I really don't think it's Elliott either but I am not going to rule that out just because if you go cord route he probably is the best one. GBO!

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back