Someone to be announced tomorrow? (rumors)

Dabo has made Clemson no doubt......no one else.

However Elliot has been the offensive play caller since December 2014. He certainly knows offense.

However we don’t “know” how he will do at Tennessee.

I just “think” he will do well.......based on what I have read, and what I know.
Sounds like you’ve read and know more than me on this subject so I digress.

Reactions: feathersax
Yeah, We did that on the last 3 hires...How did that work out for us?
I think three of our last four were actually HC. Unless I am mistaken, Pruitt was the lone coordinator. With that, being a HC doesn’t guarantee success.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
You can stay home. It'll still be full. Got to give DW and whoever is hired a fighting chance before yall give up like the soft players jumping in the portal.

I don’t understand why any VOL fan would be upset over the announced hire. We are dumpster fire with upcoming sanctions, esp recruiting .

UT is a difficult job as we play three top ten teams every year while having to recruit beyond our state. UGA, Clemson, UNC and FL are recruiting machines rt now (UNC recently under Mack) so it’s more difficult to go into neighboring states like we did 10 -20 plus yrs ago.

We haven’t had aligned leadership since Joe Johnson retired around 2009 but hopefully that has changed w the recent leadership changes along w/ Fulmer out of the picture.

None taken. I just don't like the route of hiring another "up and coming coordinator" to coach at the highest level of college football. We've been there before. There's very little evidence of it panning out in the SEC.

UGA, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Clemson all have coaches who had no head coaching experience before taking over their programs.

Sounds like you’ve read and know more than me on this subject so I digress.

I can assure you......”I” don’t want me doing this coaching search.

Im confident White actually knows what to look for.......but with Tennessee right now......most of them will be a gamble.....probably (just because of how bad it is....3 win season, players leaving, new coach new system, and NCAA on their back).

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL
UGA, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Clemson all have coaches who had no head coaching experience before taking over their programs.
Ohio State, Oklahoma and Clemson all hired internally. That's much different than bringing in a coordinator from another program with no head coaching experience.

They had less to lose from on the job training. Wait, no they didn’t! They had less ability to attract a proven HC. Wait, no they didn’t!

If you can give the keys to a Ferrari to a trusted teenager, you can give the keys of a used Cadillac to one.

Sure those programs had more talent, but it’s relative. Even the slightest slippage from on the job training is to be avoided if possible when currently able to compete for titles. Coming off 3 wins and likely sanctions, it’s hardly noticeable and you can more afford to play the long game

Reactions: 08Vol
dWy0fJ_Pa_oHs0FkTJvl22m5t2X5fvU82nXpo5Oqq2axKbJS9Z8eFav7IHgCZezWFf8wXe8C8zwO-JZIfzSqGB-CKyyU-NhB4YKV5BME8i4

I doubt the $7.23 from the guys making those threats on here will break the bank.

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
I have a sinking feeling that I will be severely underwhelmed by the hire. I'm thinking when the dust settles, there will be at least three better, attainable options left on the board (two of which being Kiffin and Chadwell). And, probably a coach that will get fired within less than four seasons.

None taken. I just don't like the route of hiring another "up and coming coordinator" to coach at the highest level of college football. We've been there before. There's very little evidence of it panning out in the SEC.

Anyone remember who coached Tennessee in '98?

Reactions: airvols
Our coaching threads seem to be who can spew the most boulderdash.
Nobody knows 🎃 jack.
All we can do is hope for the best .
Veteran coach or bust.

Ohio State, Oklahoma and Clemson all hired internally. That's much different than bringing in a coordinator from another program with no head coaching experience.

No it's not different..So what about GA? Is that somehow different too?

VN Store

Back