Someone to be announced tomorrow? (rumors)

If true this is a great hire. This guy has been on everyone's short list. UT would be very fortunate to hire him in light of the circumstances.
This is not the right situation for a first time coach. Pruitt and Fulmer left this program in a mess. I knew Dooley, Butch, Schiano, Pruitt were not the right guys to lead this program. Getting the same twist in my gut about this one. The cycle of hiring the wrong coach has to be broken if this program is going to ever move forward.

Reactions: volfan8
Not sure what your basing this on. The guy has proven to be a pretty offensive coordinator. Has been looked at by others and mentioned for NFL jobs. People need to give the guy a shot before condemning him. No wonder coaches turn us down, some folks on here truly suck as fans.
What's up with the importance of looks?
You like him because he's pretty, and Franklin only hires assistant coaches with pretty wives

Not sure what your basing this on. The guy has proven to be a pretty offensive coordinator. Has been looked at by others and mentioned for NFL jobs. People need to give the guy a shot before condemning him. No wonder coaches turn us down, some folks on here truly suck as fans.
Oh he's a fantastic OC coach when he has a bunch of 5*'s around him to coach...Hell that doesn't take a lot of effort does it?...But how will he be as a HEAD COACH?!?...You really want to go down that road again?....I don't...Let him go coach at Wofford or something to cut his teeth as a head coach and prove himself...Tennessee is NOT the place for that...Hell half the fans are upset his name is even being mentioned can you imagine if they actually hire him?...He's doomed from the start.

Agree, but haven't we been a s***hole for about 10 years now. Pruitt was likely the worst. Obnoxious, egotistical Redneck cheating Ahole.

True. Somehow just when we think we've reached the bottom of a big steamy pile, more poo comes raining down.

im glad you arent making the call....no offense lol
None taken. I just don't like the route of hiring another "up and coming coordinator" to coach at the highest level of college football. We've been there before. There's very little evidence of it panning out in the SEC.

Reactions: loservol
How could you or anyone, possibly LOVE this hire? This guy is more of an unknown than Pruitt. Tennessee keeps going backwards.
Plenty of great coaches were coordinators before becoming the HC. Give the guy a chance, could prove you wrong. Truth is, most are not even sure he is and are simply basing their decisions on other posters. Many here act like they could do much better than White. We have no clue who he has spoken to or who may have turned us down. Sometimes you go with the lesser of the possible unknowns.

Reactions: pcolavol2 and 08Vol
Plenty of great coaches were coordinators before becoming the HC. Give the guy a chance, could prove you wrong. Truth is, most are not even sure he is and are simply basing their decisions on other posters. Many here act like they could do much better than White. We have no clue who he has spoken to or who may have turned us down. Sometimes you go with the lesser of the possible unknowns.
Yeah, We did that on the last 3 hires...How did that work out for us?

For 1 you need to do more research.

This guy has ran the Clemson offense since December 2014.

Not sure “anyone” has said experience doesn’t matter. However Tennessee has tried head coaches before.....and they also didn’t work.

I like the guy because he knows offense, he runs a good offense. He has been at Clemson for 10 years......easy to see how this guy develops talent (unlike Pruitt as he was good with other people’s players and teams).

I like that he is young, from everything I’ve read he is well liked and extremely smart........things opposite of Pruitt.

Just because Pruitt failed......doesn’t mean Elliot will. Most good coaches were once coordinators (bad ones too)......it’s about finding the “right” guy........White has a good track record of doing that.......he probably knows more of what to look for as you or I.
Admittedly the extent of my research is Wikipedia where he’s listed as co-OC. It’s hard for me to give anyone other that Swinney credit for Clemson’s offense after what we’ve seen happen with Morris. He’s who I’m looking at through a fearful lens with this hire... not Pruitt. The only thing he has in common witj Pruitt is that he’s soft spoken

What do you like about it? Not trying to be a d*** but if experience doesn't matter, what should I be looking at? He seems like a very nice man but he's never even ran his own offense let alone his own team.
According to Dabo, Elliot did run the offense. I think I will take Dabo’s word over anyone in this crazy board about his coaches/team.

Reactions: 08Vol
Beggars can’t be choosy, and at this point in time we’re probably gonna be below Vanderbilt for a couple years.

I already posted earlier today, but by straight accomplishments alone Pruitt would be considered a better hire in 2017 than Elliott in 2020
Pruitt benefited from Saban and his mini NFL team. Most would succeed with a team stacked with so much talent.

Admittedly the extent of my research is Wikipedia where he’s listed as co-OC. It’s hard for me to give anyone other that Swinney credit for Clemson’s offense after what we’ve seen happen with Morris. He’s who I’m looking at through a fearful lens with this hire... not Pruitt. The only thing he has in common witj Pruitt is that he’s soft spoken

Dabo has made Clemson no doubt......no one else.

However Elliot has been the offensive play caller since December 2014. He certainly knows offense.

However we don’t “know” how he will do at Tennessee.

I just “think” he will do well.......based on what I have read, and what I know.

VN Store

Back