Someone to be announced tomorrow? (rumors)

As a candidate risk assessment: Elliott > Heupel

and I am all but demanding that we only hire someone with HC experience... I just prefer it to be experience that points to good things and not a slide.

Ohio State, Oklahoma and Clemson all hired internally. That's much different than bringing in a coordinator from another program with no head coaching experience.

LOL. Why is that different? You get extra scholarships or allowed more hours if it's an internal hire?

We could still get Freeze. Finebaum and a guest were saying today that Freeze is the coach UTK most needs and he would come here. If they can’t get a Campbell, Stoops, Franklin - level coach, they’re better of ridding with Steele than trotting some toad out there when we all know we could’ve had a proven SEC head coach.

I heard after a long search (and I am an insider, been that way since Covid stuff) the coach was in site all the time. Yes, Foolmer is going to return to coaching!

crybaby.jpg

We could still get Freeze. Finebaum and a guest were saying today that Freeze is the coach UTK most needs and he would come here. If they can’t get a Campbell, Stoops, Franklin - level coach, they’re better of ridding with Steele than trotting some toad out there when we all know we could’ve had a proven SEC head coach.

This is my thought......why not "settle" for a Freeze or Kiffin with the mess we are in and the sanctions we're about to recieve.....get someone who's a proven head coach. Only reason I can see is maybe they feel with this hire the NCAA might be harder on them based on precieved future issues or bias based on these guys past? Idk......makes no sense NOT to go with one of these if others have turned you down.

UGA, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Clemson all have coaches who had no head coaching experience before taking over their programs.
Top 5 recruiting classes every year. And great recruiting classes before the current coaches got there.
It's much easier to "coach" the best players in the country.

Reactions: loservol

VN Store

Back