Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

Yeah but u can’t beat Kansas when theres 30,000 people there. Biggest stadium in big 12 is Texas and u never play there. Also those games you are talking about were with Lincoln Riley and he’s not there anymore man.
Thank God Riley is now USC’s weak culture problem. I guess you’ve got your own issues in small stadiums. Missouri beat you guys 36-7? Well at least KU barely beat us.

Thanks I screwed up it’s 13 not 11. Trent Williams is the only one not his own. My mistake
Glad I could help. 12.5. We get at least half credit for Wanya lol. So he certainly wins for the longest tenured good OL coach, averaging 1.13 OL drafted 1 per year.

Elarbee has 5 in his five years in power five, exactly 1 per year. Also has three guys back for a 6th year, or his number would be 1.6/year. So the difference in who produces a higher rate of NFL lineman is the COVID year. Bedenaugh by .13 lineman drafted per year, and without the covid year it’d be Elarbee by .47 drafted lineman per year.

Oklahoma
"Boomer Sooner"

Lyrics:
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, O-K-U!

Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, O-K-U!

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma!
Rah, Oklahoma! O-K-U!

tenor.gif

Thank God Riley is now USC’s weak culture problem. I guess you’ve got your own issues in small stadiums. Missouri beat you guys 36-7? Well at least KU barely beat us.
That’s the sourest grapes I’ve ever seen. The guy who won multiple heisman a and took you to multiple playoffs is a “weak culture problem”? Lmao cmon guy, Venables hasn’t even matched Heupel’s success level yet.

Missouri is a better team than Oklahoma. Not sure what your point is.

Well for 1, 2 of those games were before integration. Lol. So y’all are 2-0 in a 2 year span against our worst coach in history, many would argue.

Hate to break it to you, but Nico Iamaleava isn’t Justin Worley, and Heupel isn’t Butch Jones. Can Arnold be as good as Trevor Knight was early? Can his line protect him long enough to give him that chance? Reports from your spring practice were saying they struggled in pass pro.

your OL coach is a top ten guy in football, and he’ll have to prove it against our DL... it’s very likely going to be a great game, but if turns out to be a snooze fest, you aren’t going to like it. Oklahoma has the talent to win, no doubt, but if you told me the score would be 34-10, I’d bet my house on Tennessee having 34.
Nico is very good. Heupel not surprisingly to me has become a great coach. I was stunned when Bob Stoops fired him. He won him a NC. Only OC Bob ever fired in his career. And you are right the OL is a huge question mark despite Bedenbaugh being the #1 OL coach. It’s a huge question mark. Arnold like Nico a 5 star QB recruit but surrounding cast is important. With Tenn just slightly ranked above OU in all polls but OU favored it could very well be the best game of the season in the SEC. Stoops says the last time OU fielded this good of a defense we played in the NC. Gonna have to be. The SEC will be tough. There’s a lot of 50/50 games according to the ESPN FPI. If I thought our OL was going to be solid I’d say the CFP a cinch. But it’s an unknown. The receiver corp best since our CFP team that lost to UGA in OT. Very good running backs. I’m predicting an 8-4 season because of the OL. If somehow Bedenbaugh works his magic better.

Reactions: CedarHillVol
That’s the sourest grapes I’ve ever seen. The guy who won multiple heisman a and took you to multiple playoffs is a “weak culture problem”? Lmao cmon guy, Venables hasn’t even matched Heupel’s success level yet.

Missouri is a better team than Oklahoma. Not sure what your point is.
Go to the USC boards they’ve learned what we warned them. It’s a weak culture. Now I’m not sour on Riley I’m probably his biggest defender. He was 55-10. Beat Texas 5-1. But Venables will do better. Well Missouri wouldn’t have beat us 36-10 last year. I was responding to the poster about us losing to KU.

Sanders was there previously. Check back at the end of the year when the nerds have finished nuttin.
I never brought up recruiting. The discussion steered to our OL. And for good reason. It’s a question mark. But just said according to one NFL head coach I know personally we are in excellent hands with Bedenbaugh. His NFL pipeline #1 right now. Guyton will be the second straight year a rookie tackle has started out as the first team tackle. Was never measuring ______ with Ellarbe. Just that if OU had one position group that was suspect glad he’s coaching it. But as I’ve maintained should be a tough game for both. Tenn ranked slightly higher and OU slightly favored.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I never brought up recruiting. The discussion steered to our OL. And for good reason. It’s a question mark. But just said according to one NFL head coach I know personally we are in excellent hands with Bedenbaugh. His NFL pipeline #1 right now. Guyton will be the second straight year a rookie tackle has started out as the first team tackle. Was never measuring ______ with Ellarbe. Just that if OU had one position group that was suspect glad he’s coaching it. But as I’ve maintained should be a tough game for both. Tenn ranked slightly higher and OU slightly favored.
You brought him up on another team’s board and stated emphatically he’s the best OL coach ever. Not sure for what result you were angling.

Reactions: marvin616
H
Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.

We have not been in 2 National Championship games since 2000.

You brought him up on another team’s board and stated emphatically he’s the best OL coach ever. Not sure for what result you were angling.
Not ever. It was in response to how bad our OL was supposedly. Just pointing out he has the most OL he’s personally coached in today’s NFL.

Not ever. It was in response to how bad our OL was supposedly. Just pointing out he has the most OL he’s personally coached in today’s NFL.
Cool. You better hope he has your line ready. Rodney Garner has sent the list below to the NFL:

DE Byron Young, Los Angeles Rams, 2023 (3rd round)
DT Matthew Butler, Las Vegas, 2022 (5th round)
DT Derrick Brown, Carolina, 2020 (1st round)
DE Marlon Davidson, Atlanta, 2020 (2nd round)
DT Dontavius Russell, Jacksonville, 2019 (7th round)
DT Montavius Adams, Green Bay, 2017 (3rd round)
DE Carl Lawson, Cincinnati, 2017 (4th round)
DT Angelo Blackson, Tennessee, 2015 (4th round)
DT Gabe Wright, Detroit, 2015 (4th round)
DE Dee Ford, Kansas City, 2014 (1st round)
DT John Jenkins, New Orleans, 2013 (3rd round)
DE Cornelius Washington, Chicago, 2013 (6th round)
DE Deangelo Tyson, Baltimore, 2012 (7th round)
DT Geno Atkins, Cincinnati, 2010 (4th round)
DT Jeff Owens, Philadelphia, 2010 (7th round)
DE Kade Weston, New England, 2010 (7th round)
DT Corvey Irvin, Carolina, 2009 (3rd round)
DE Jarius Wynn, Green Bay, 2009 (6th round)
DE Marcus Howard, Indianapolis, 2008 (5th round)
DE Quentin Moses, Oakland, 2007 (3rd round)
DE Charles Johnson, Carolina, 2007 (3rd round)
DT Kedric Golston, Washington, 2006 (6th round)
DE David Pollack, Cincinnati, 2005 (1st round)
DE Robert Geathers, Cincinnati, 2004 (4th round)
DT Johnathan Sullivan, New Orleans, 2003 (1st round)
DE Charles Grant, New Orleans, 2002 (1st round)
DE Josh Mallard, Indianapolis, 2002 (7th round)
DT Richard Seymour, New England, 2001 (1st round)
DT Marcus Stroud, Jacksonville, 2001 (1st round)
DE Tyron Robertson, Buffalo, 2001 (7th round)
OT Chad Clifton, Green Bay, 2000 (2nd round)
DE Antonio Cochran, Seattle, 1999 (4th round)
DT Emarlos Leroy, Jacksonville, 1999 (6th round)
TE Fred Baxter, New York Jets, 1993 (5th round)

Last edited:
Your opening salvo: “Luckily we have the best OL coach in cfb…It’s not even DEBATABLE.“

On this board, that’s not a “response”. That’s a gauntlet thrown! We DEBATE everything from dog farts to steaks! 😉

Cool. You better hope he has your line ready. Rodney Garner has sent the list below to the NFL:

DE Byron Young, Los Angeles Rams, 2023 (3rd round)
DT Matthew Butler, Las Vegas, 2022 (5th round)
DT Derrick Brown, Carolina, 2020 (1st round)
DE Marlon Davidson, Atlanta, 2020 (2nd round)
DT Dontavius Russell, Jacksonville, 2019 (7th round)
DT Montavius Adams, Green Bay, 2017 (3rd round)
DE Carl Lawson, Cincinnati, 2017 (4th round)
DT Angelo Blackson, Tennessee, 2015 (4th round)
DT Gabe Wright, Detroit, 2015 (4th round)
DE Dee Ford, Kansas City, 2014 (1st round)
DT John Jenkins, New Orleans, 2013 (3rd round)
DE Cornelius Washington, Chicago, 2013 (6th round)
DE Deangelo Tyson, Baltimore, 2012 (7th round)
DT Geno Atkins, Cincinnati, 2010 (4th round)
DT Jeff Owens, Philadelphia, 2010 (7th round)
DE Kade Weston, New England, 2010 (7th round)
DT Corvey Irvin, Carolina, 2009 (3rd round)
DE Jarius Wynn, Green Bay, 2009 (6th round)
DE Marcus Howard, Indianapolis, 2008 (5th round)
DE Quentin Moses, Oakland, 2007 (3rd round)
DE Charles Johnson, Carolina, 2007 (3rd round)
DT Kedric Golston, Washington, 2006 (6th round)
DE David Pollack, Cincinnati, 2005 (1st round)
DE Robert Geathers, Cincinnati, 2004 (4th round)
DT Johnathan Sullivan, New Orleans, 2003 (1st round)
DE Charles Grant, New Orleans, 2002 (1st round)
DE Josh Mallard, Indianapolis, 2002 (7th round)
DT Richard Seymour, New England, 2001 (1st round)
DT Marcus Stroud, Jacksonville, 2001 (1st round)
DE Tyron Robertson, Buffalo, 2001 (7th round)
OT Chad Clifton, Green Bay, 2000 (2nd round)
DE Antonio Cochran, Seattle, 1999 (4th round)
DT Emarlos Leroy, Jacksonville, 1999 (6th round)
TE Fred Baxter, New York Jets, 1993 (5th round)
Awesome showing one starter on DL from Tenn in the NFL Shy Tuttle. OU has 7 OL starters better get that DL ready cool

Go to the USC boards they’ve learned what we warned them. It’s a weak culture. Now I’m not sour on Riley I’m probably his biggest defender. He was 55-10. Beat Texas 5-1. But Venables will do better. Well Missouri wouldn’t have beat us 36-10 last year. I was responding to the poster about us losing to KU.
Missouri may not have beaten you 36-10 last year, but Kansas wouldn’t have beaten us at all.

to suggest that Venables will outperform 55-10 as if it’s a surething is absolutely asinine. Lol. I’ll bet you anything you want that he doesn’t. Jeff Lebby was the best coach on your staff last year. Not Venables.

VN Store

Back