Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

But your team is in Oklahoma. Every era there is a depression era.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love seeing Tennessee fans celebrating the return of college football <a href="x.com">pic.twitter.com/VURpR50CFq</a></p>&mdash; Courtney McKinney (@CourtAnne1225) <a href="">August 24, 2024</a></blockquote>

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
I went to Norman back in 2003 (give or take a year). You all beat the snot out of Fresno State and returned like 3 kicks for TDs. Great people and great atmosphere.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love seeing Tennessee fans celebrating the return of college football <a href="x.com">pic.twitter.com/VURpR50CFq</a></p>&mdash; Courtney McKinney (@CourtAnne1225) <a href="">August 24, 2024</a></blockquote>

Dumbass Oklahomans in charge of using the internet I see

If you don’t think the sec is more difficult I can’t help you.

In 2023 OU faced 3 teams in the top 50 talent composite-tx, tcu, and wv. Weat Virginia was ranked 50th, and all sec teams with the exception of Vandy had more talent than WV.

In 2024 OU will face 8 teams in the top 25 of the talent composite. Four of these games are on the road, and two of those opponents are coming off of a buy, and lsu gets vandy before. You get UT and Bama in norman.

I suggest running to the sports store and picking up a cup.
Boom

I’m just responding to how tough the SEC is going to be and that I should be shaking in my boots. It’s not going to be easy but it’s not going to be overwhelming. OU has road wins over Ohio State, FSU,Tenn. Bama, ND the last time we played them. We be fine.
How long ago were these games that you’re referencing? 10yrs? 20? This has zero relevance to this year’s games.

Honestly, we don’t really know how good Ole Miss, LSU, or even Bama will be this year so a lot of your schedule is up in the air. However, facing 6 of the top 15 teams is difficult for anyone especially with unknowns at QB and OL. Good luck

I’ll respond but only speak for myself, no other vol fan.

1.) my feeling was based on your spring practice reports and some fall reports. I know you’re talented in paper. But I do think your OL will be be better later in the season.
2.) I think Oklahoma is a top 8 program in the sec. I’m not sold on venables. I think with a decent line y’all will have a 8-4 season. I think 9-3 is about your ceiling. The odds are against you making the playoffs. Y’all could be top four at some point in the next 3 years, but I doubt it because I don’t believe in your coach. Oklahoma has heavy weight potential.
3.) y’all are top half and almost all of us believe so. We just don’t think you’re top 4, and I think we are.

you may feel that way about espn. But the second best big12 team produced as many draft picks as the 10th best SEC team. Lol. They just cover the best players and teams. That’s concentrated in the Southeast.
I get that on Venables. And why a lot of OU fans not sold on Josh Heupel ( not me) because he was the only OC ever fired by Bob Stoops. Heck he fired about 5 coaches in 18 seasons. And Josh one his most cherished players. Led him to a NC. I mean he was incredible.

You realize she’s an Alabama fan right lol.

Facts are facts. Don't act longhorn-ish. The data is the data. If you want it changed, beat us on the field. I can live with that, though I won't like it.
Well I mean you guys lost to Kansas and Arizona last season, Two historically losing programs so I honestly am not too worried about the trip to Norman...Enjoy the show!

"But the second best big12 team produced as many draft picks as the 10th best SEC team. Lol."

Underrated Big Time statement byRT10,, very nice!! It's hard to get anyone here to have to defend espn,, Guess OU troll don't know... espn HATES us :cool:

It is WAY tougher here,,,, that should be obvious.

I would have been accepting of OU way more than ut in joining the SEC and I sincerely hope he is not a true representation of most OU fans. I don't think he is. I also despised the way mizzou came in here and lucked into a weak SEC east. I don't see that happening again. I think the Conference is stronger as a whole now and there aren't divisions anymore.

I think we can win this one in Norman!!

Things are looking bright in Big Orange Country,, Finally!!!
Go VOLS!!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guy
Oklahoma.. never heard of her

I’m certainly excited about a much better slate of games for OU. Certainly the home games as I go will be a huge upgrade. But I have to admit some schools and their chest bumping and SEC mantra are funny when they haven’t done crap. Bama and UGA are the SEC and everybody else normal.
Go back to your site we don’t want you here

VN Store

Back