Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

I’m just responding to how tough the SEC is going to be and that I should be shaking in my boots. It’s not going to be easy but it’s not going to be overwhelming. OU has road wins over Ohio State, FSU,Tenn. Bama, ND the last time we played them. We be fine.
Those games were played in 2017, 2011, 2015, 2003, and 2013. if those were all in a single year, that would be impressive. if half of those were all last year, I would say your transition year wouldn't be rough at all. but your cherry picking is just proving our point. no one is saying you can't play up for one game; which is why I have OU beating us this year; what we are trying to tell you is you have to play up for each and every game.

it took you double over time to beat Butch Jones in 2015, If that is what you are guys are expecting in 2024, it will be a rough game.

Those games were played in 2017, 2011, 2015, 2003, and 2013. if those were all in a single year, that would be impressive. if half of those were all last year, I would say your transition year wouldn't be rough at all. but your cherry picking is just proving our point. no one is saying you can't play up for one game; which is why I have OU beating us this year; what we are trying to tell you is you have to play up for each and every game.

it took you double over time to beat Butch Jones in 2015, If that is what you are guys are expecting in 2024, it will be a rough game.
Well it all depends which team shows up that day ( both teams) If the Tennessee team that played Mizzou and Florida plays like that in Norman then it will be just like the last time you came. 35-10 OU and it was Stoops worst team in his career. Playing in the SEC and all the large stadiums didn’t do you a lick of good

I’m just responding to how tough the SEC is going to be and that I should be shaking in my boots. It’s not going to be easy but it’s not going to be overwhelming. OU has road wins over Ohio State, FSU,Tenn. Bama, ND the last time we played them. We be fine.
Playing warm up games and then preparing for one or two tough games a season, is a totally different scenario than playing the grind of tough games week after week after week. Injuries are more prevalent and coaches are forced to open almost every aspect of their playbook as the season goes on. There is also a reason why we see these undefeated teams from lower conferences go to these bowl games and get annihilated. That is not going to happen to Oklahoma because they are a top tier program with great facilities and recruiting, but it will be more than just a slightly tougher schedule. You will see soon enough. Oklahoma is going to take a step back though offensively. Jeff Lebby was the best OC in the country IMO and hands down the best offensive play caller in the nation. His success everywhere he has been speaks for itself. That along with replacing 2 starting NFL drafted OTs(including a 1st rounder) will be a big challenge for any coaching staff. Good luck and I hope you come around after the game.

Playing warm up games and then preparing for one or two tough games a season, is a totally different scenario than playing the grind of tough games week after week after week. Injuries are more prevalent and coaches are forced to open almost every aspect of their playbook as the season goes on. There is also a reason why we see these undefeated teams from lower conferences go to these bowl games and get annihilated. That is not going to happen to Oklahoma because they are a top tier program with great facilities and recruiting, but it will be more than just a slightly tougher schedule. You will see soon enough. Oklahoma is going to take a step back though offensively. Jeff Lebby was the best OC in the country IMO and hands down the best offensive play caller in the nation. His success everywhere he has been speaks for itself. That along with replacing 2 starting NFL drafted OTs(including a 1st rounder) will be a big challenge for any coaching staff. Good luck and I hope you come around after the game.
Balanced and objective. We all look at our teams and base it on last years team and roster management. I’m sure there are areas you’ve addressed either in recruiting, the portal, or development. What separates teams is their growth in spring and August. The Oklahoma OL is a question mark. 5 new starters is 5 new starters. Now the center started at SMU 35 games. His PFF career ratings 1,079 pass block snaps 1 sack 2 QB hits 81.7 run block grade. The LG transferred from Washington and started in the NC game. The 2 tackles highly recruited 4 stars and have been under our esteemed NFL super highway OL coach’s tutelage.. The RG transferred from UNT but they say has been the most dominant in camp of all of them.

But how has OU improved? Their defense. Obviously Venables was considered the best DC in the country at Clemson. He was the highest paid. Stoops privately says it’s the best defense in 15 years at OU. We have 2 first team All SEC Coaches selections on defense. The depth is way way better.

Again I’m predicting 8-4 and better if the OL doesn’t suck.

Well it all depends which team shows up that day ( both teams) If the Tennessee team that played Mizzou and Florida plays like that in Norman then it will be just like the last time you came. 35-10 OU and it was Stoops worst team in his career. Playing in the SEC and all the large stadiums didn’t do you a lick of good
I wouldn't count on a Florida-esque happenstance; Mizzou sure, they just beat us. Florida we are snake bit. they admittedly live rent free in my head. we continuously find new ways to lose to them, even when we are favored, like last year.

I guess we gotta hope that Kansas, Oklahoma State, or Arizona Oklahoma shows up. remind me who was that QB for the Arizona game?

At Oklahoma will be our second most difficult game IMO - I think at Georgia will be the most difficult. I’m not saying Oklahoma is better than Bama but an early season game on the road at a school like Oklahoma is going to be one hell of a test. I think we have the talent to hang in and win but we can’t afford a road performance like we had at Missouri last year or South Carolina the year before. We will need to come out like we did against LSU a couple years back and take the crowd out early.

i know this game will be special to coach Heupel and hope we play our best.

I wouldn't count on a Florida-esque happenstance; Mizzou sure, they just beat us. Florida we are snake bit. they admittedly live rent free in my head. we continuously find new ways to lose to them, even when we are favored, like last year.

I guess we gotta hope that Kansas, Oklahoma State, or Arizona Oklahoma shows up. remind me who was that QB for the Arizona game?
🤷‍♂️

Nico Iamaleava 5 star QB

2023 28-45 62.2 314 yards 2 TD 0 Int 135.5 QBR

Jackson Arnold 5 star QB 44-69 63.8 563 yards 4 TD 3 Int 142.7 QBR

The big news yesterday with the depth chart release is that our WR on the Biletnikoff watchlist Nic Anderson has been beat out. Our 10.18 100 Brennen Thompson has put on 15 pounds and is the second fastest player on the team. He supposedly had an incredible camp. Him being paired with the Purdue transfer Deion Burks is a dynamic duo. Burks predicted to be drafted currently about mid second round in the coming NFL draft. Mostly based off this
  • Super athletic - Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 Freak's List . He Wrote: " The 5-9 3/4, 191-pounder, who had 15 catches for 149 yards last season, benched 350 pounds for three reps, hit almost 22.3 MPH on the GPS and did 27 reps with 115 pounds on a single arm press. He also squatted 450 pounds for three reps. "

The big news yesterday with the depth chart release is that our WR on the Biletnikoff watchlist Nic Anderson has been beat out. Our 10.18 100 Brennen Thompson has put on 15 pounds and is the second fastest player on the team. He supposedly had an incredible camp. Him being paired with the Purdue transfer Deion Burks is a dynamic duo. Burks predicted to be drafted currently about mid second round in the coming NFL draft. Mostly based off this
  • Super athletic - Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 Freak's List . He Wrote: " The 5-9 3/4, 191-pounder, who had 15 catches for 149 yards last season, benched 350 pounds for three reps, hit almost 22.3 MPH on the GPS and did 27 reps with 115 pounds on a single arm press. He also squatted 450 pounds for three reps. "

🤷‍♂️

Nico Iamaleava 5 star QB

I would put up Iowa's defense over Arizona's.

and don't let the media fool you, we are a run first offense. speaking of, you didn't mention the 3 rushing TDs by Nico to Arnold's 1 on only 2/3 the carries.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
sounds like a less productive Squirrel White to me.
“Love the wheels. The 5-10, 165-pound sophomore, one of the fastest wide receivers in college football, is being counted on to fill former Vol blazer Jalin Hyatt’s role of lethal slot man. White has been clocked at 23.4 miles per hour velocity on the Catapult system and also has vertical-jumped 40.6 inches.”

oh wait sorry, that was him on the list of Top Freaks in 2023.

Here is the 2024 update.
“(White) is one of the fastest players in the game,” Feldman wrote. “White has been clocked at 23.4 mph and has a 40.6-inch vertical jump. He has run a 1.50-second 10-yard split. Last year, White had 67 catches for 803 yards and averaged 12.0 yards per catch; for his career he has nine catches of 40-plus yards, six catches of 50-plus yards and three receptions of 60-plus yards.”

and yeah we didn't have to get ours from Purdue.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
sounds like a less productive Squirrel White to me.
“Love the wheels. The 5-10, 165-pound sophomore, one of the fastest wide receivers in college football, is being counted on to fill former Vol blazer Jalin Hyatt’s role of lethal slot man. White has been clocked at 23.4 miles per hour velocity on the Catapult system and also has vertical-jumped 40.6 inches.”

oh wait sorry, that was him on the list of Top Freaks in 2023.

Here is the 2024 update.
“(White) is one of the fastest players in the game,” Feldman wrote. “White has been clocked at 23.4 mph and has a 40.6-inch vertical jump. He has run a 1.50-second 10-yard split. Last year, White had 67 catches for 803 yards and averaged 12.0 yards per catch; for his career he has nine catches of 40-plus yards, six catches of 50-plus yards and three receptions of 60-plus yards.”

and yeah we didn't have to get ours from Purdue.
Yes Burks is #50 and Sqiurrel White #59 on Feldman’s Freaks List almost the same. I’m so happy you didn’t have to get him from Purdue LMAO. 🤷‍♂️

Yes Burks is #50 and Sqiurrel White #59 on Feldman’s Freaks List almost the same. I’m so happy you didn’t have to get him from Purdue LMAO. 🤷‍♂️
LOL, those lists are nice to look at if you’ve got a player on them but they mean absolutely nothing on game day. They do make nice targets and that’s about all they’re good for. 😜 If another persons opinion was legitimate, our teams wouldn’t have to play on Saturday’s. If they were so accurate, our teams wouldn’t ever lose to a team that’s less than according to the list creating opinion experts.

🤷‍♂️

Nico Iamaleava 5 star QB

Nico played 90 % of his snaps against Iowa who has a really good defense and redshirted. Arnold played against a weak Arizona d and played in enough other games in mop up time to burn his redshirt. Apples and oranges.

Compare their starts. Nico was better against better competition and the most important stat:
Nico 1-0
Arnold 0-1

Last edited:
Balanced and objective. We all look at our teams and base it on last years team and roster management. I’m sure there are areas you’ve addressed either in recruiting, the portal, or development. What separates teams is their growth in spring and August. The Oklahoma OL is a question mark. 5 new starters is 5 new starters. Now the center started at SMU 35 games. His PFF career ratings 1,079 pass block snaps 1 sack 2 QB hits 81.7 run block grade. The LG transferred from Washington and started in the NC game. The 2 tackles highly recruited 4 stars and have been under our esteemed NFL super highway OL coach’s tutelage.. The RG transferred from UNT but they say has been the most dominant in camp of all of them.

But how has OU improved? Their defense. Obviously Venables was considered the best DC in the country at Clemson. He was the highest paid. Stoops privately says it’s the best defense in 15 years at OU. We have 2 first team All SEC Coaches selections on defense. The depth is way way better.

Again I’m predicting 8-4 and better if the OL doesn’t suck.
lol w all this that you say they have and go 8-4??? If they are what u are saying then the whole coaching staff should be fired if they lose more than 1 game.

Notice Nico has no picks to three from Arnold in 44 completions, not great in u wanna go by the facts. Plus u didnt include Nico’s rushing stats.
I didn’t include running. Both the same so I left it out as freshmen. Arnold a great runner too. But Nico is better. Arnold had 23 rushing TD’s his senior year 🤷‍♂️

The offense that was 4th in the nation in Scoring? OC very experienced and was the #1 offensive analyst. Not much changes. Most former players now in the media think he’s better than Lebby. We arent worried. According to SportsGrid we have 2 top 25 WR you have none. We’re good thanks.
So now your OC is rated #1, too.

I knew a guy in the Army. He was from some small town outside New York; maybe in Connecticut or Jersey, idk. In any case, this fella, every one he knew in high school (yep, high school) was one of the best in the country at whatever. The trumpet player in his high school band? Best in the country. His math teacher? Best in the nation. Girlfriend? You got it, hottest girl her age in the country. And he made all these pronouncements with such confidence.

We had trouble not laughing at him each time he started talking.

So you have the #1 OL coach in the nation, as proven by your buddy the NFL coach telling you, and your OC is the #1 offensive analyst.

Got it. No, I'm just smiling, not laughing. Promise.

Go Vols!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back