Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

I didn't disagree with your post at all, but let's be real, it ain't the competition that made those two schools go through what they did to jump to the SEC. All these schools playing conference musical chairs are interested primarily in one thing - the bottom line.
Agreed. When it’s all said and done, it’s about the Benjamin’s.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I obviously don't keep up with the sooners like OK fans but do you really believe Riley left the program in shambles? LR had double digit wins every year in Norman except for one season in 2020 going 9-2. It's not like he left a bare cupboard either.

Yeah, Oklahoma had some serious holes in the roster after Riley left. That 2022 season was brutal. We played a TE at QB against our arch rival (Texas), and it did not go well.

There's pretty good evidence that Riley put more efforts into securing a job with USC than he did in finishing his last season with Oklahoma. During that process, he was misleading to Oklahoma about what was going on. We lost 8 blue chips with game starts when he left (contrast that to two Blue Chips this season -- an OL to Mizzu which was a surprise and a QB to Oregon which was a mutual decision).

Oklahoma is a pressure cooker with the highest expectations (defensive stops should not be optional). Personally, I don't have a problem with Riley moving to USC if he feels that program has a better situation for him personally or financially. Moreover, my attitude is that if Riley practiced player tampering or other serious offenses on his way out the door (and many think he did), that will eventually catch up to him at some point.

I think we traded up in going to Venables and have no time or desire to follow Riley's latest exploits.

I'm guessing the Vols had some heartburn with how things went down with Kiffin too. . .

Yeah, Oklahoma had some serious holes in the roster after Riley left. That 2022 season was brutal. We played a TE at QB against our arch rival (Texas), and it did not go well.

There's pretty good evidence that Riley put more efforts into securing a job with USC than he did in finishing his last season with Oklahoma. During that process, he was misleading to Oklahoma about what was going on. We lost 8 blue chips with game starts when he left (contrast that to two Blue Chips this season -- an OL to Mizzu which was a surprise and a QB to Oregon which was a mutual decision).

Oklahoma is a pressure cooker with the highest expectations (defensive stops should not be optional). Personally, I don't have a problem with Riley moving to USC if he feels that program has a better situation for him personally or financially. Moreover, my attitude is that if Riley practiced player tampering or other serious offenses on his way out the door (and many think he did), that will eventually catch up to him at some point.

I think we traded up in going to Venables and have no time or desire to follow Riley's latest exploits.

I'm guessing the Vols had some heartburn with how things went down with Kiffin too. . .
Kiffin went 7-6 during his lone season on the Hill. Fug him!

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
GTFO We’re already in you’re head

Facts are facts. Don't act longhorn-ish. The data is the data. If you want it changed, beat us on the field. I can live with that, though I won't like it.
It will be changed. I'd venture to say it'll be quite a while before the Sooners win another conference championship

Reactions: TnScooby

Don’t forget about the three players you got from us via the (they got paid and had to leave) portal.

Don’t forget about the three players you got from us via the (they got paid and had to leave) portal.

Well, I'm not a fan of the transfer portal. That said, I don't think Oklahoma misstepped or did anything wrong in the case of the three Tennessee football players that transferred to Oklahoma.

Nor do I think that Tennessee did wrong when some players transferred from Oklahoma's softball team to Tennessee.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Thanks for posting, a few counter responses:

Cool Mascot: Smokey > Wagon

Checkerboard Stadium: Check for Tennessee

Over 100k stadium: Check for Tennessee

Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Taylor Swift: Check for Tennessee (basically all of the top recording musicians). On the music front, even your little brother (Oklahoma State) has better with Garth Brooks.

Peyton Manning and Reggie White: Check for Tennessee (even little brother has more famous NFL player with Berry Sanders. Anyone at OU anywhere close to these 3?)

Most Visited National Park in the Nation 30 mins away: Check for Tennessee

Good luck.
Well they do have the best broadway musical….if your into that sort of thing.

But why did you feel the need to come on here and make that list? Intent matters and it looks to me that your intent was to use your first post here to be a giant douche and ruffle feathers. Well, mission accomplished I guess but don't expect a welcoming response if this is the attitude you wish to project. We already have one crimson colored douchebag fanbase in this conference! We sure as hell don't need another! Be better than that!
First post? How long have you been on this board? Do you know how to inquire of its features?

Lulz I knew this would happen going forward with Heup building a juggernaut all others will only have the past to cling onto. It must really suck to see Heup lock up top QB after top QB and knowing you guys told him to kick rocks. Aw man, I can see you guys reaction now to the boat race. I can’t wait
Josh won an NC for OU but got snuffed on the heisman. How many of heismans' have been delivered to Norman since he graduated? We'll be OK at QB, don't worry.

Josh won an NC for OU but got snuffed on the heisman. How many of heismans' have been delivered to Norman since he graduated? We'll be OK at QB, don't worry.
OU (aka Texas' BITCH) will be LUCKY to go 7-5 this year...BOOK IT!!!

ONE of these 5 WILL BE on September 21st!!!

Reactions: HighRockvol
Look, two historic programs, and yes you're a little ahead.

You know we're not going to respect 50 conference championships in a two team conference. I mean, you can only play who's in front of you, and you've done well on the national stage, too, so it's not a problem. But it's not really a comparable stat. You're in the SEC now, so welcome aboard.

Stuff "since 2000" is a sore spot here. And the "head to head" just reminds us of Butch Jones's unique ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so that's more salt on the wound, but I'm sure it's unintentional. The only real question is, "Are we back?" And if we are, you can forget about "since 2000."

And then you go and deliberately provoke us over our contentious relationship with the Heisman? That one's a low blow. I see you saving it for last. Yeah, that post landed way too many cheap shots to be unintentional (although props on the trolling, are you actually a Vol?).
"You know we're not going to respect 50 conference championships in a two team conference". This is a pure canard just as your claim that UT has always been an SEC club. BS

Well, I'm not a fan of the transfer portal. That said, I don't think Oklahoma misstepped or did anything wrong in the case of the three Tennessee football players that transferred to Oklahoma.

Nor do I think that Tennessee did wrong when some players transferred from Oklahoma's softball team to Tennessee.
We don’t think yall did anything inappropriate, in case it seemed like that was what BB1 was implying. He was referencing the scandal involving Pruitt paying players which led to said players having to leave the program. Y’all did get some solid dudes from us though.

Lincoln Riley ain’t walking back through those doors. And Josh get all the #1 QBs now, we’re on to our ‘27 QB recruit.
1724380368191.gif

VN Store

Back