Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

Oklahoma slightly trails LSU in NFL players

I figured it was worse. Luckily our dry spells are few. Currently Alabama and Georgia have more NFL players. LSU has just a few more.

Statistics prove that Oklahoma is likely to hit the 11-win mark more than any program in the nation, as the Sooners are tied for the national lead with 27 seasons of at least 11 victories. And over the past 24 years (since the start of the 2000 season), OU has registered 19 campaigns of at least 10 wins, tied with Ohio State for the most nationally. The Sooners' 42 all-time seasons of at least 10 wins rank second nationally (one behind Alabama).
You just can’t grasp the fact that you played in a clown of a two team conference for all that time. “Statistics prove” that in your new conference 11 win seasons are going to be scarce.

8 years about right but only 2 coaches? Do you count the Greg Schiano and Mike Leach hires? Or I guess they never got to turn their cards in. That was an epic cluster
Are we supposed to embarrassed by protecting our program from Schiano? Ppl try to insult us with that but you’re highlighting a moment of pride 😅

You just can’t grasp the fact that you played in a clown of a two team conference for all that time. “Statistics prove” that in your new conference 11 win seasons are going to be scarce.
He’s clinging to it while he can because he knows they compete in the SEC. They should’ve joined the PAC 12.

5-7.

8 years about right but only 2 coaches? Do you count the Greg Schiano and Mike Leach hires? Or I guess they never got to turn their cards in. That was an epic cluster
No we don’t…because they weren’t HIRED. Schiano’s MOU was never signed by all required parties and Heupel’s OFFER was Currie’s Hail Mary rogue operation and not authorized by the university. Pretty sure Schiano would have been OUR Howard Schnellenberger.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Hoh boy. Oklahoma homies just went too far 😳. We may have to deliver a beatdown.

How quick they are to eat one of their own. I remember when Tee came back as a member of the Kentucky staff he got a roaring ovation. Hurt me a little to see him in Kentucky blue, but you win a natty at Tennessee and you’re royalty for life.

How quick they are to eat one of their own. I remember when Tee came back as a member of the Kentucky staff he got a roaring ovation. Hurt me a little to see him in Kentucky blue, but you win a natty at Tennessee and you’re royalty for life.
I think MOST of the fans WILL give him a sincerely warm welcome. But like any fan base; they have some total nimrods 🙄. And these were some of them

I think MOST of the fans WILL give him a sincerely warm welcome. But like any fan base; they have some total nimrods 🙄. And these were some of them
I can assure you there will be loads of love for Josh Heupel. There were some fans frustrated with him as OC when he was fired but it was a shock he was fired. The offense wasn’t that bad. Stoops uncharacteristically was messing with the offense which is shocking. I mean he never did. I think he had his eye on retiring but wanted it peaking but it wasn’t. Our QB needed to run a lot more (Stoops wouldn’t okay it) and he forced the pistol on Josh. Josh has him a powerhouse this year. I really believe only UGA can hang with you. A lot of my comments in jest but most of my digs are straight from one from some of you. Can’t you tell I’m loving the banter.

Reactions: CedarHillVol
I can assure you there will be loads of love for Josh Heupel. There were some fans frustrated with him as OC when he was fired but it was a shock he was fired. The offense wasn’t that bad. Stoops uncharacteristically was messing with the offense which is shocking. I mean he never did. I think he had his eye on retiring but wanted it peaking but it wasn’t. Our QB needed to run a lot more (Stoops wouldn’t okay it) and he forced the pistol on Josh. Josh has him a powerhouse this year. I really believe only UGA can hang with you. A lot of my comments in jest but most of my digs are straight from one from some of you. Can’t you tell I’m loving the banter.
You’d know better than I do, but as someone who has always kept up with Oklahoma I felt like Josh was pretty bad when he was OC for Oklahoma. He’s come a LONG ways

You’d know better than I do, but as someone who has always kept up with Oklahoma I felt like Josh was pretty bad when he was OC for Oklahoma. He’s come a LONG ways
Oklahoma hovered between 40-60 nationally in the key offensive stats. Josh was in his infancy as an OC. He had our least accurate passing QB in the 2006-2024 timeline. He was a great runner but Stoops wouldn’t let him run much. Not saying he didn’t struggle some with inexperience but I didn’t think he should have been fired. Bob didn’t like the direction and I think wanted out of coaching. But he wanted to go out strong and was in somewhat of a hurry.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I have a lot of respect for Oklahoma. I remember them all the way back to when I really started following football in the early 80s. Great tradition and a passionate fanbase (but not wackos like those Longhorns).
I am expecting a hard fought slugfest that will be decided in the trenches like all good SEC games always are. This one has me nervous. Night games in Norman have a well deserved reputation for being not easy to win.
It will be the first SEC start for Nico and it will be a tough place to experience it.

I have a lot of respect for Oklahoma. I remember them all the way back to when I really started following football in the early 80s. Great tradition and a passionate fanbase (but not wackos like those Longhorns).
I am expecting a hard fought slugfest that will be decided in the trenches like all good SEC games always are. This one has me nervous. Night games in Norman have a well deserved reputation for being not easy to win.
It will be the first SEC start for Nico and it will be a tough place to experience it.
I’m not your X’s & O’s mastermind by any stretch but I have a reputation of uncanny predicting some major upsets by OU. I predicted our win at Columbus in 2017 almost the identical score 31-16 and we were at least a 7 point dog. I predicted the year before a huge loss to them and it was. I’ve been pretty good at a lot of predictions. I have a former player as my seat mate and we attend the games together. He goes to a lot of practices. I don’t expect a blowout by Tennesseee but I’m waiting for today’s game as we are getting some guys back. 5 WR out and 3 OL really not close to 100%. And the OL with them 100% not very good. The Defense is our best in years but still just slightly better than SEC average. The QB they’ve messed up as he’s afraid to make a mistake. So today I’d say Tenn 35-17. We’ll see after our performance today. The defense leads the country in turnovers so that’s that. We have 2 first team SEC preseason defense players.

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
We know you had a "hella" time in Knoxville. It is an awesome place! Funny I've never heard a single soul say that about Norman.
Anyway, GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: Capt Whiskey

VN Store

Back