Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

History is just that, history. It has no bearing on the present. Your old conference is history. Your record in that pathetic conference is history. You’re starting fresh in the most dominant conference in history so no one in the SEC gives two damns about what your team has accomplished in a weak pathetic little 12 or 8. Y’all won’t win 50 conference championships in the SEC in the next 500 years. You arrogant Sooners are about find out.
"History is just that, history. It has no bearing on the present." You must be very young.

Guyton BTW projected LT starter at Dallas as a rookie. Anton Harrison a rookie starter at tackle for the Jags last year.

Ok? Jim Nagy runs the Senior Bowl and has final say is what I’m reading from you. Doesn’t convince me that there’s no debate…”Him just best!” I’d keep Elarbee…just saying.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
"Arguing over a 50 year block of time....." in the civilized world of the King's English is normally referred to as discussing history.
This ain’t England. Stay on I-40 until the teeth start getting even more jacked than your meth burghs. Mebbe you can get some lively discussion about the wishbone and Barry Switzer banging Larry Lacewell’s wife.

Ok? Jim Nagy runs the Senior Bowl and has final say is what I’m reading from you. Doesn’t convince me that there’s no debate…”Him just best!” I’d keep Elarbee…just saying.
Well Elabee is certainly top 10. And I get the affinity for your guy but really? Bedenbaugh has 12 OL on rosters in the NFL. He’s got the starting T’s on Cincy, Dallas, Jax, Philly. 3 of his starters ranked #1 in all the NFL by PFF. His OL players make more money than the entire Texas players in all positions in the NFL. Give me Elarbee’s NFL footprint.

Well Elabee is certainly top 10. And I get the affinity for your guy but really? Bedenbaugh has 12 OL on rosters in the NFL. He’s got the starting T’s on Cincy, Dallas, Jax, Philly. 3 of his starters ranked #1 in all the NFL by PFF. His OL players make more money than the entire Texas players in all positions in the NFL. Give me Elarbee’s NFL footprint.
Just got started and he’s Heupel’s guy. Left Mizzou with him for UCF. We’re just seeing what three seasons at ONE PLACE has done bringing in big uglies. Doubt your guy teaches our pace as well. Now we’re getting 5 star guys that can play for him. Darnell Wright has company coming. NFL rosters are stocked with Ohio State products and they fired their last OL coach and the current guy is on the hot seat because he lost Sanders to us. It’s the PROGRAM that brings em in. The OL coach can either coach em up or he can’t. Nobody outrecruits the level of their program. See your old Sooner boy Sam Pittman at Arkansas.

Just got started and he’s Heupel’s guy. Left Mizzou with him for UCF. We’re just seeing what three seasons at ONE PLACE has done bringing in big uglies. Doubt your guy teaches our pace as well. Now we’re getting 5 star guys that can play for him. Darnell Wright has company coming. NFL rosters are stocked with Ohio State products and they fired their last OL coach and the current guy is on the hot seat because he lost Sanders to us. It’s the PROGRAM that brings em in. The OL coach can either coach em up or he can’t. Nobody outrecruits the level of their program. See your old Sooner boy Sam Pittman at Arkansas.
Well in Bedenbaugh’s case he has the #2 and #8 best tackle prospects for ‘25 committed in recruiting. Those paying attention to who really can coach obviously recognize it. With the most OL in the pros he’s well respected. I mean Alabama made a run at him as their new OL coach this past season for 1.5 million making him the highest paid OL coach in college or the NFL. I personally know a NFL head coach and trust me they know him the whole NFL knows him. Why wouldn’t they? He puts more in the NFL than any other coach on the planet. 3 are the highest paid at their position in the entire NFL.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Guyton BTW projected LT starter at Dallas as a rookie. Anton Harrison a rookie starter at tackle for the Jags last year.

OU has had 13.5 drafted in your OL coach’s 11 year tenure…Bama’s put out 16 drafted OL in the same time frame, Georgia with 15, Ohio state has 17, Michigan has 15…

Tennessee, who’s been garbage for the most part since 2013 (when Bedenbaugh started at OU) has had 7.5 drafted.

**giving us both half a pick for Wanya Morris, mostly for humor-related purposes.

I’m not considering college stats because comparing the success of an OL in the big 12 to the success of an OL in the SEC is apples to hand grenades.

He also has the built in advantage of being one of those coaches that seems to keep his job through a coaching change. Not many OL coaches with more than a decade at one school.

Y’all have a good OL coach, but…Let’s not act like there’s no debate.

One last thing to consider. Hard to have guys get drafted when they keep coming back for another year. We got 3 guys who are 6th year players, that’s prevented our numbers from looking better. jmo.

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
You will be bragging when you go 7-5 and play five top 15 teams in row and three of them are on the road 100,000 plus seating stadium. Have fun in reality!

The thing is that several of those lineman are 12+ year vets… meaning your current guy didn’t coach them. OU has had 13.5 drafted in your OL coach’s 11 year tenure…Bama’s put out 16 drafted OL in the same time frame, Georgia with 15, Ohio state has 17, Michigan has 15…

Tennessee, who’s been garbage for the most part since 2013 (when Bedenbaugh started at OU) has had 7.5 drafted.

**giving us both half a pick for Wanya Morris, mostly for humor-related purposes.

I’m not considering college stats because comparing the success of an OL in the big 12 to the success of an OL in the SEC is apples to hand grenades.

Y’all have a good OL coach, but…Let’s not act like there’s no debate.
Nada. He’s got 11 on NFL rosters he’s coached. He’s been at OU a long time. Leads college football.

Last edited:
Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
You can’t even beat kansas at their vandy like stadium

Well in Bedenbaugh’s case he has the #2 and #8 best tackle prospects for ‘25 committed in recruiting. Those paying attention to who really can coach obviously recognize it. With the most OL in the pros he’s well respected. I mean Alabama made a run at him as their new OL coach this past season for 1.5 million making him the highest paid OL coach in college or the NFL. I personally know a NFL head coach and trust me they know him the whole NFL knows him. Why wouldn’t they? He puts more in the NFL than any other coach on the planet. 3 are the highest paid at their position in the entire NFL.
Not trying to talk you out of love with him…return the favor. I’m not covetous. We got our guy. Wondering how you have the #2 OT when Sanders was recently rated that guy.

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee
You will be bragging when you go 7-5 and play five top 15 teams in row and three of them are on the road 100,000 plus seating stadium. Have fun in reality!
We be okay. We are used to big stadiums. Beat Ohio State last time there. Beat Bama last time there. Beat Tenn last time there.

Hide & watch. My first OU/Texas game was 1965. I'll be around.

You don't like the past, change the future. You're claiming fame from the shirt tails of the SEC while having very little to show for it. It's great to be in the greatest conference, it's better to have multiple accomplishments while a part of it. Alabama cannot win for you.

BkE.gif

We be okay. We are used to big stadiums. Beat Ohio State last time there. Beat Bama last time there. Beat Tenn last time there.
Yeah but u can’t beat Kansas when theres 30,000 people there. Biggest stadium in big 12 is Texas and u never play there. Also those games you are talking about were with Lincoln Riley and he’s not there anymore man.

Just you guys 3-1. Hopefully the same result as the last time you had to play in our tough place to play when we won 34-10. Snoozer
Well for 1, 2 of those games were before integration. Lol. So y’all are 2-0 in a 2 year span against our worst coach in history, many would argue.

Hate to break it to you, but Nico Iamaleava isn’t Justin Worley, and Heupel isn’t Butch Jones. Can Arnold be as good as Trevor Knight was early? Can his line protect him long enough to give him that chance? Reports from your spring practice were saying they struggled in pass pro.

your OL coach is a top ten guy in football, and he’ll have to prove it against our DL... it’s very likely going to be a great game, but if turns out to be a snooze fest, you aren’t going to like it. Oklahoma has the talent to win, no doubt, but if you told me the score would be 34-10, I’d bet my house on Tennessee having 34.

VN Store

Back