Sprinting after a quarter is like a boxer doing push ups between rounds

because then I can see some wku shmuck throwing water or something on Big Dan as he is reclining, and him jumping up and running up in the stands and killing the wrong wku fan.

I see. We can't have that extra running that this scenario would create.

Reserve energy is a premium in the game of football. Especially when it comes to 4th and 1 or goal line situations.

Having our OL sprint down the field is dumb imo.
Aerobic is oxygen required, anarobic is muscle required. Sprinting down the field once ever 15 minutes will not tire you out. Geez!

Reactions: 1 person
I liked it thought it looked good they r showing that this is a diffrent team and the plyers attitudes have changed way to go butch

I'm torn on this for two reasons:

1) I like the disciple that it brings to the team and makes them feel that no matter what scenario they need to give their all.

2) But against tough teams this could hurt us in the fourth quarter and specially in an over time game. For one reason, by that point players are running on fumes--all players. And two if for some reason the team is wore out and doesn't sprint as fast the other team could see this and it would be a clear display that we are wearing out or worn out.

Again, I am very torn.

I'm torn on this for two reasons:

1) I like the disciple that it brings to the team and makes them feel that no matter what scenario they need to give their all.

2) But against tough teams this could hurt us in the fourth quarter and specially in an over time game. For one reason, by that point players are running on fumes--all players. And two if for some reason the team is wore out and doesn't sprint as fast the other team could see this and it would be a clear display that we are wearing out or worn out.

Again, I am very torn.

Players do sprints all the time. It's not a big deal.

Reserve energy is a premium in the game of football. Especially when it comes to 4th and 1 or goal line situations.

US Army Rangers, Green Berets, Navy SEALS and Marine Recon Infantry run from training site to training site every day, every time. It builds endurance and comradery. It teaches them that 1) they are part of an elite unit that trains harder than anyone they are likely to face and 2) that they do it not only for themselves but for each other - the essence of "TEAM."

Go tell one of them it is "dumb."

Call me first, though, I haven't seen a good old-time Tennessee Arse Whippin' administered in a long time.

Reactions: 4 people
The quicker they get to the other end, the quicker they get to stand in one spot and rest.

US Army Rangers, Green Berets, Navy SEALS and Marine Recon Infantry run from training site to training site every day, every time. It builds endurance and comradery. It teaches them that 1) they are part of an elite unit that trains harder than anyone they are likely to face and 2) that they do it not only for themselves but for each other - the essence of "TEAM."

Go tell one of them it is "dumb."

Call me first, though, I haven't seen a good old-time Tennessee Arse Whippin' administered in a long time.
What the hell? This isn't remotely true of the SOF units.

Don't you realize by now, that you can't come here and question anything the staff does, no matter how small it may be? You have to be a shill on every matter or suffer the legion of smart a$$es. Doesn't matter that they were dead wrong about Dooley. They were the same hacks who were claiming Sal Sunseri was a bada$$...who would instill some toughness and discipline. :loco:

Never mind that he had never been a DC for a major college program, and never mind that switching to a 3-4 scheme in a make or break year was a boneheaded move.

VN Store

Back