Stacey Abrams chosen to give Democratic response to Trump's State of the Union

Might have been a valid argument prior to 2016 election.

Afterwards though......
There are some candidates entering the democratic race that are viewed by some on the right as horrible and un-electable, just saying those two characteristics evidently aren't disqualifiers.

So basically you’re saying you’ve took the whole damn hook, line and sinker from the media’s narrative. Congrats, you have no brain.
Basically he's saying he's a realist that comprehends the world in which he lives.

There are some candidates entering the democratic race that are viewed by some on the right as horrible and un-electable, just saying those two characteristics evidently aren't disqualifiers.
We've known that for awhile though. In the past 40 years, Carter, Clinton, W and Trump all started their candidacies with people laughing.

We've known that for awhile though. In the past 40 years, Carter, Clinton, W and Trump all started their candidacies with people laughing.
You left off Reagan. I remember me and all of my college buddies thinking his candidacy was hysterically. Much more so than the ones you listed. (except for Trump.....he's in a class of one)
Plus, laughing at the prospect and thinking the candidate is horrible are two different things.

You left off Reagan. I remember me and all of my college buddies thinking his candidacy was hysterically. Much more so than the ones you listed. (except for Trump.....he's in a class of one)
Plus, laughing at the prospect and thinking the candidate is horrible are two different things.
Of the candidates that have declared at this point, which do you view as "good"?

Of the candidates that have declared at this point, which do you view as "good"?
I have no idea at this point which one I prefer. They are all light years beyond Trump. I will probably end up going with the one that will be the most unifying to the most left leaning 50% - 60% of the population.

As Forrest Gump would say "stupid is as stupid does..."

This is the chance to give a young, bright and personable upstart in the DNC the opportunity to get exposure at the national level, preach solidarity with reasonable talking points and counter arguemtns and potentially sway some center voters to the DNC cause. Someone who could potentially run and win in 2020.

Nope, let's give it to the candidate who lost the election in her state because of "racist rich white women" and refused to concede her election.

Might as well have Hillary give it.
maybe they give the job to that sweaty lipped Kennedy again.

I have no idea at this point which one I prefer. They are all light years beyond Trump. I will probably end up going with the one that will be the most unifying to the most left leaning 50% - 60% of the population.
That's not what I asked .... do you view any of them as a good candidate at this point in time...I'm not asking who you're going to vote for.... it's much too early for that

That's not what I asked .... do you view any of them as a good candidate at this point in time...I'm not asking who you're going to vote for.... it's much too early for that
I view them all as good candidates at this point.

So what I have learned in this thread is that the right is giddy over the left trotting out people that are almost as buffoonish as Trump while the left is giddy about candidates that are not quite as buffoonish as Trump.

This is a truly sad state of affairs.

So what I have learned in this thread is that the right is giddy over the left trotting out people that are almost as buffoonish as Trump while the left is giddy about candidates that are not quite as buffoonish as Trump.

I think it's an ominous sign of the direction the country is heading

its because people identify by party instead of what is best.

Just wait I’ll bet anything it devolves the closer we get to 2020. The smart thing would be to elect somebody as close to center as possible to stabilize things ... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN .

Reactions: AM64

IF a loony liberal gets lucky somehow & by the Grace of GOD becomes the next POTUS that person will never get anything done from their idiotic retarded agenda. It will be just more gridlock done so buckle up buttercup.

Reactions: AM64
Typical worthless comment from you loother.... trying to actually discuss anything with you is pointless....
Just so you will not pout - even though all candidates are good (at least light years beyond Trump) here are my current top 5 - in no particular order:

Sherrod Brown
Amy Klobuchar
Kamala Harris
Julian Castro
Kristen Gillibrand

Just wait I’ll bet anything it devolves the closer we get to 2020. The smart thing would be to elect somebody as close to center as possible to stabilize things ... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN .
The smart thing for the republicans to do would be to rebuke Trump and run someone closer to the center that is a uniter and not a divider.....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

IF a loony liberal gets lucky somehow & by the Grace of GOD becomes the next POTUS that person will never get anything done from their idiotic retarded agenda. It will be just more gridlock done so buckle up buttercup.
Dems. will control the house, senate, and presidency.......thanks Trump......MAGA

VN Store

Back