Stacey Abrams chosen to give Democratic response to Trump's State of the Union

Pretty stupid decision by the dems imo

Or just maybe they didn't want to put the "face" of the party out this early. Let her take the cannon fire. . The D's probably already have the rebuttal written and she can practice. What else is she doing? Might make some money from it. Or as you said "stupid".

Or just maybe they didn't want to put the "face" of the party out this early. Let her take the cannon fire. . The D's probably already have the rebuttal written and she can practice. What else is she doing? Might make some money from it. Or as you said "stupid".

For a real meltdown they should let AOC deliver the rebuttal, Fox News would be must see TV.

Reactions: Mick

Who is the face of the party right now? Why would they hide ze, sie, hir, or co from us right now? Who is it? And by the way, somebody needs to sue Apple because autocorrect doesn’t recognize non gender pronouns. So let the black woman from the south be the sacrificial lamb. Sounds reasonable for the party of tolerance.

Reactions: Obsessed and AM64
That works both ways.

What are your thoughts on the human cheetos telling his Intel bosses they need to 'go back to school'?

As we all know, the set of the Apprentice uniquely qualified Donny to assess the threats to America and the geopolitical landscape.

Who is the face of the party right now? Why would they hide ze, sie, hir, or co from us right now? Who is it? And by the way, somebody needs to sue Apple because autocorrect doesn’t recognize non gender pronouns. So let the black woman from the south be the sacrificial lamb. Sounds reasonable for the party of tolerance.
It's the experience on the big stage she's after. and you will be talking about her for years to come.

I guess it's possible.. I'm leaning towards pretty bad optics either way

Reactions: AM64
What are your thoughts on the human cheetos telling his Intel bosses they need to 'go back to school'?

As we all know, the set of the Apprentice uniquely qualified Donny to assess the threats to America and the geopolitical landscape.

My take, he's like most every POTUS and makes idiotic statements. I'm not a Trump fan, but it sounds like you want me to condemn him for behavior other past Presidents have exhibited. Whether or not I like him matters little simply because he's the man currently in office, put there in what I consider a fair and legal election. From what I've read, Russia's "hack" of the election is not believed to have changed the outcome. Prove he committed a crime that warrants impeachment and I'll support it, otherwise, he's the President until voted out of office. Same way I felt about Obama.

As Forrest Gump would say "stupid is as stupid does..."

This is the chance to give a young, bright and personable upstart in the DNC the opportunity to get exposure at the national level, preach solidarity with reasonable talking points and counter arguemtns and potentially sway some center voters to the DNC cause. Someone who could potentially run and win in 2020.

Nope, let's give it to the candidate who lost the election in her state because of "racist rich white women" and refused to concede her election.

Might as well have Hillary give it.
Interesting and insightful. Shame on the DNC for not making better use of the opportunity than to pander to the lowest common denominator. But I shall lose no sleep over it.

Reactions: AM64
My take, he's like most every POTUS and makes idiotic statements. I'm not a Trump fan, but it sounds like you want me to condemn him for behavior other past Presidents have exhibited. Whether or not I like him matters little simply because he's the man currently in office, put there in what I consider a fair and legal election. From what I've read, Russia's "hack" of the election is not believed to have changed the outcome. Prove he committed a crime that warrants impeachment and I'll support it, otherwise, he's the President until voted out of office. Same way I felt about Obama.

I don't know why I expected more than deflecting milquetoast response. It's comedy gold watching the "whataboutisms" flow in lieu of condemnations.

Honestly, I don't ever recall intelligence officials so publicly contradicting a threat assessment of a sitting president. I certainly don't recall a political neophyte telling career military gmen they should 'go back to school'.

Reactions: Mick
I don't know why I expected more than deflecting milquetoast response. It's comedy gold watching the "whataboutisms" flow in lieu of condemnations.

Honestly, I don't ever recall intelligence officials so publicly contradicting a threat assessment of a sitting president. I certainly don't recall a political neophyte telling career military gmen they should 'go back to school'.

LBJ set and holds the record for ignoring good advice from people who knew better. Of course, he did have McNamara help him try to run a war like a business. Talk about a dumpster fire.

VN Store

Back