Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

"what do you think of Phillip Fulmer" would be a stock question that any sports reporter with half a mind would ask Drayton when he answered the phone.

Look at some of his targets at UF:
Stan Drayton - Florida Football

Love to see him sway the kid from Ventura, CA that 6' 204 and runs a 4.4 to Tennessee!!!

Darrell Scott
Ventura (CA) St. Bonaventure
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif

RB
6-0/204
Nation's top back rushed for 3,194 yards and 45 touchdowns as a junior.

:dance2:

With the right OC, together with UT's talent, UT could challenge GA for the SEC east next year. UF should be down again because of their bad defense and lack of a running game, so the SEC will come down to UT and UGA.

With the right OC, together with UT's talent, UT could challenge GA for the SEC east next year. UF should be down again because of their bad defense and lack of a running game, so the SEC will come down to UT and UGA.

I don't think Florida loses a game in 2008. Their defense was young young young. If they progress like most college studs, they won't lose.

Well I think we're 1-0 so far in the new coach deal. Hopefully we'll have an upgrade at each position. I think we certainly just upgraded our RB coach. I think we just went from chicken %$^& to chicken salad.

What I can't figure out is why did he take a lateral move from UF to UT. Don't get me wrong UT is a great job but so is UF. Any info out there as to why he wanted out at UF.

I'm glad we got him, sounds like he is a great recruiter.

I don't think Florida loses a game in 2008. Their defense was young young young. If they progress like most college studs, they won't lose.
their young D actually got worse and they're losing their best defender. I don't like them to win every game, period. They might, but defenses like theirs don't lend to the consistency it takes to go undefeated.

Their rush defense was good in SEC play. That secondary is all they have to fix, plus (big IF) find a sack monster to replace Harvey.

UF's d was young, but they don't have any real talent. Their linebacker, Spikes is the only decent player on D and he's good, but not great. Older, untalented players don't win in this league. UT runs all over them next year in Knoxville---plus, Drayton knows all their schemes on offense.

I agree, the SEC east, is going to be like the cartels fighting in the jungles of Columbia. Its going to be brutal.

UF's d was young, but they don't have any real talent. Their linebacker, Spikes is the only decent player on D and he's good, but not great. Older, untalented players don't win in this league. UT runs all over them next year in Knoxville---plus, Drayton knows all their schemes on offense.
Are you serious?

A few things:

1. As Stunna n Orange beat me to it, Drayton >>>>>> Roper

2. Moore ran for 5.6 ypc this year, and fatty Deshawn Wynn and Moore averaged 5.0 ypc last year.

3. RB is deemphasized in Urban's Florida approach. He recruited high caliber talents, and still complains he doesn't have a RB. The offense is QB QB QB QB QB. Thus ...

4. Drayton's worth can't be quantified by how many yards per game they ran for. 5.6 and 5.0 ypc is excellent

5. GOOD HIRE!

Excellent post. I have no idea why the other position coaches and players aren't flocking out of the CUM system. If you don't coach the QB or O line, why bother wasting time or talent with the Gators?

Uh wow, they have great talent, all over the field. I would say this is that they are a bit on the light side, and have worn down thru the seasons, as alot of SEC teams do. But no doubting they have loads of talented D players.

Excellent post. I have no idea why the other position coaches and players aren't flocking out of the CUM system. If you don't coach the QB or O line, why bother wasting time or talent with the Gators?
players appear to be flocking out of there in droves

Uh wow, they have great talent, all over the field. I would say this is that they are a bit on the light side, and have worn down thru the seasons, as alot of SEC teams do. But no doubting they have loads of talented D players.
they have some defensive talent, but it could be the variety of talent that we had on our 2005 squad. Talented guys get better over the course of their young seasons, and I honestly don't think they did so.

If I were a WR coach I wouldn't mind working with the talent they've got year in and year out at UF.

Not yet (but if they were smarter than you are--not asking much here :)), they could measure the limited value they can add to the CUM system, and join an offensive scheme (pro-style) that uses more than a QB to advance the rock. The best guess is... that's what UT will continue to use.

I said this would happen at the beginning of the season when I first started posting. CUM recruiting style lends itself to players being disallusioned and wanting to leave. He had something like four, 4 and 5 star QB's in one class all coming in to back up Tebow.

VN Store

Back