Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

i just hope this doesn't turn out like the last time we hired a FL guy....don't need another Jimmy Ray Stevens.

we don't have a ST coach do we? hopefully he can enlighten us on the importance of special teams

Because at Florida, running backs are like UFOs. Every redneck in Gainesville swears they've seen one, but there's no hard evidence to support it.

At Tennessee, his coaching efforts will be rewarded when his players get to carry the football.
:lolabove: Nicely played Jtrain.
Please don't let Emmett Smith read this!

i tell you what, if he can make it thru the bama game this season w/out forgetting to put one of our RB's in, i'll call it a victory and a great hire.

i just hope this doesn't turn out like the last time we hired a FL guy....don't need another Jimmy Ray Stevens.

No worries...he doesn't insist that you use his middle name when addressing him. Stereotypically speaking that is a good sign. Unless of course you are talking about The Legend of Jim Bob.

No worries...he doesn't insist that you use his middle name when addressing him. Stereotypically speaking that is a good sign. Unless of course you are talking about The Legend of Jim Bob.
:eek:lol:

Meyer indicated that after the michigan beatdown, changes were coming. This may be one, since UF's only real RB, Moore, carried the ball only a couple of times and did nothing. Plus, he fumbled a lot during the year.

A few things:

1. As Stunna n Orange beat me to it, Drayton >>>>>> Roper

2. Moore ran for 5.6 ypc this year, and fatty Deshawn Wynn and Moore averaged 5.0 ypc last year.

3. RB is deemphasized in Urban's Florida approach. He recruited high caliber talents, and still complains he doesn't have a RB. The offense is QB QB QB QB QB. Thus ...

4. Drayton's worth can't be quantified by how many yards per game they ran for. 5.6 and 5.0 ypc is excellent

5. GOOD HIRE!

Further thoughts on this development...could we be seeing a "fired up pissed off CPF," i.e. if Berry can hit you in the nose my god I can hit urban legend too! CPF at one time did not back down from anyone, so I hope this is a sign of the fire being back. :crossfingers:

If I were just hired to a job and the media cared to ask me about it, I'd probably say my boss is a classy guy, too.

you mean you wouldn't trash him before you've even made the move to the new office? :eek:hmy: Why not?

A few things:

1. As Stunna n Orange beat me to it, Drayton >>>>>> Roper

2. Moore ran for 5.6 ypc this year, and fatty Deshawn Wynn and Moore averaged 5.0 ypc last year.

3. RB is deemphasized in Urban's Florida approach. He recruited high caliber talents, and still complains he doesn't have a RB. The offense is QB QB QB QB QB. Thus ...

4. Drayton's worth can't be quantified by how many yards per game they ran for. 5.6 and 5.0 ypc is excellent

5. GOOD HIRE!
:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back