stock market was up today...

I think it is assumed for tech valuations have several near-term interest rate reductions embedded.

I don't think inflationary labor shocks have made it all the way through the system and I fully expect the Biden admin to cook the numbers the next few months when it comes to inflation and jobs, which will prevent interest rate reductions....

Everything you say is true. Those "western values" (even in Japan and South Korea).

So again, address that issue instead of importing labor that will change demographics and drive down wages for the indigenous population.

There is no evidence that the people ruling over us GAF about maintaining and growing our infrastructure.

I guess those orange barrels are just decorations.

The IRA is injecting nearly a trillion dollars. Trump also authorized about a trillion in spending at the very end of his term.

The Francis Scott Key Bridge will be replaced before 2029.

Our system is capitalism, comrade. Almost every large production facility built is a public-private partnership. Tesla’s investments in Nevada and Texas for example. The Knoxville Smokies stadium project is another. Taiwan Semi is building in the US. Intel is building out large production facilities.

Impossible to speculate but I'd guess you'll see some rotation out of tech....

Part of the rotation will be into industries that will be customers of AI. The sellers of AI have had large run ups in equity valuations that appear to be overly optimistic. But when companies like NVDA have multi-year backlogs in orders how can the valuations be accurately established?

The coming big beneficiaries of AI appear to be the healthcare, manufacturing (especially defense), and financial industries. Lots of labor intensive sectors are potentially huge beneficiaries of AI. How many unskilled workers will McDonald’s be hiring at $50k/year if they can be replacing those jobs with more automated systems?

The longer this “AI revolution” evolves the less it looks like the dot com bubble. No sock puppet valuations this time.

Very lame. Infrastructure is far bigger than just highway construction.

The IRA is injecting nearly a trillion dollars.
The IRA? Irish Republican Army?

Trump also authorized about a trillion in spending at the very end of his term.
OK? A trillion on what? In the grand scheme of things, a trillion dollars is not much compared to what we need for energy (electrical grid, power generation plants, oil refineries, pipelines), transportation, ports, water/sewage/storm water.

And you mention what Trump did at the end of his term 4 years ago. WTF has the Biden Administration done?

Is that a flex? Really? So 5+ years to build a bridge? And that seems reasonable to you?

Our system is capitalism, comrade.
No, it is at best, crony-capitalism. At worst, it is a fascist/corporatist/cartelist system.

Almost every large production facility built is a public-private partnership. Tesla’s investments in Nevada and Texas for example. The Knoxville Smokies stadium project is another. Taiwan Semi is building in the US. Intel is building out large production facilities.
And are Tesla and these semiconductor facilities hiring mostly indigenous Americans or are they relying on foreign labor once they are up and running? So US taxpayers should help these corporations hire foreign labor?

Very lame. Infrastructure is far bigger than just highway construction.

The IRA? Irish Republican Army?

OK? A trillion on what? In the grand scheme of things, a trillion dollars is not much compared to what we need for energy (electrical grid, power generation plants, oil refineries, pipelines), transportation, ports, water/sewage/storm water.

And you mention what Trump did at the end of his term 4 years ago. WTF has the Biden Administration done?

Is that a flex? Really? So 5+ years to build a bridge? And that seems reasonable to you?

No, it is at best, crony-capitalism. At worst, it is a fascist/corporatist/cartelist system.

And are Tesla and these semiconductor facilities hiring mostly indigenous Americans or are they relying on foreign labor once they are up and running? So US taxpayers should help these corporations hire foreign labor?

You said that there is “no evidence”. I listed several off the top of my head. Your arguments are lame.

A trillion isn’t much? Jeez.

You said that there is “no evidence”. I listed several off the top of my head. Your arguments are lame.

A trillion isn’t much? Jeez.
Your "evidence" was from the prior administration. And me saying "no evidence" is a bit of an exaggeration. The point is that there is nowhere near enough evidence to give anyone the sense that our leadership GAF about domestic infrastructure spending.

And 2020... has that Arizona chip plant spit out anything yet?

Your "evidence" was from the prior administration. And me saying "no evidence" is a bit of an exaggeration. The point is that there is nowhere near enough evidence to give anyone the sense that our leadership GAF about domestic infrastructure spending.

And 2020... has that Arizona chip plant spit out anything yet?

Yes. You exaggerate.

You also said people ruling over us. You weren’t specific about which ones. And you’ve maybe missed the global pandemic that was in the middle of your time frame.

The Knoxville airport just announced a major expansion. Infrastructure expenditures are long term investments.

They going to go well over 1Trillion in investments for IRA just because of how poorly the incentive sections are drawn up....

One of the reasons NEE is doing so well

You also said people ruling over us. You weren’t specific about which ones.
Now you are being either naive or disingenuous. You know exactly who I am talking about.

And you’ve maybe missed the global pandemic that was in the middle of your time frame.
A catastrophe that they created. There was no need to shut down the world.

The Knoxville airport just announced a major expansion. Infrastructure expenditures are long term investments.
Cherry picking instead of getting a full view of the bigger picture. I'm sure you can probably cherry pick all day a project here or a project there. That doesn't prove your point.

Now you are being either naive or disingenuous. You know exactly who I am talking about.

A catastrophe that they created. There was no need to shut down the world.

Cherry picking instead of getting a full view of the bigger picture. I'm sure you can probably cherry pick all day a project here or a project there. That doesn't prove your point.

Here’s a half trillion:

There's 1.2 trillion estimated of IRA incentives/subsidies (up 350% from actual law) from original estimate through 2033. Assuming 30% credit, that's 4 trillion in investment....

And that number is probably low...

They going to go well over 1Trillion in investments for IRA just because of how poorly the incentive sections are drawn up....

One of the reasons NEE is doing so well

NEE has also benefited from Florida only having 4x cat 4/cat 5 hurricanes in about 30 years.

Their wind and solar won’t be able to generate enough power to match demand, but the government isn’t about to scale back on renewables subsidies. Plus if solar is going to be viable anywhere in the eastern US you’d think that it will be in their footprint. Also their nuclear and natural gas complement the green side.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

The IRA is injecting nearly a trillion dollars. Trump also authorized about a trillion in spending at the very end of his term.

Our system is capitalism, comrade. Almost every large production facility built is a public-private partnership. Tesla’s investments in Nevada and Texas for example. The Knoxville Smokies stadium project is another. Taiwan Semi is building in the US. Intel is building out large production facilities.
Amtrak Service Halted Between NYC-Boston For "Electric Power Issue"

According to AP News, the disruption was caused by a malfunctioning circuit breaker, which sparked service disruption between Penn Station in New York and Union Station in New Haven, Connecticut. There was no official word if the circuit breaker problem was caused by scorching temperatures across the Northeast.

Besides the ongoing heat wave, this outage comes at the worst possible time when a record 71 million Americans are expected to be traveling this Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Last month, Amtrak's service in and out of New York City suffered a "malfunctioning circuit breaker" that sparked travel chaos for hours across the nation's busiest transit hub.

Amtrak Service Halted Between NYC-Boston For "Electric Power Issue"

According to AP News, the disruption was caused by a malfunctioning circuit breaker, which sparked service disruption between Penn Station in New York and Union Station in New Haven, Connecticut. There was no official word if the circuit breaker problem was caused by scorching temperatures across the Northeast.

Besides the ongoing heat wave, this outage comes at the worst possible time when a record 71 million Americans are expected to be traveling this Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Last month, Amtrak's service in and out of New York City suffered a "malfunctioning circuit breaker" that sparked travel chaos for hours across the nation's busiest transit hub.

**** breaks? Shocking.

I thought I read it was a staged photo?
Who knows. That’s certainly an enhanced version - the original is black and white.

The photographer said the photo was real (i.e., not staged).

As for the legend surrounding it? Probably a bit of truth mixed with fiction.

VN Store

Back