stock market was up today...

Who knows. That’s certainly an enhanced version - the original is black and white.

The photographer said the photo was real (i.e., not staged).

As for the legend surrounding it? Probably a bit of truth mixed with fiction.
Well of course the person shooting a staged propaganda pic is going to say it is real.

From what I've seen, they couldn't identify the woman, so how do we know if she was killed?

Well of course the person shooting a staged propaganda pic is going to say it is real.

From what I've seen, they couldn't identify the woman, so how do we know if she was killed?
So you’re convinced it was a staged propaganda pic.

Legend. Unknowable.

So you’re convinced it was a staged propaganda pic.

Legend. Unknowable.
I'm as sure that it is a propaganda pic as you are that the woman didn't survive (which is what you stated yesterday).

I am clearly unsure if it was real or not. You are the one that said she died.

I'm as sure that it is a propaganda pic as you are that the woman didn't survive (which is what you stated yesterday).

I am clearly unsure if it was real or not. You are the one that said she died.
We’re in the Stock Market thread.
It was a joke about IRA (Inflation Reduction Act).

This is what you break your transparently duplicitous position of having me on ignore over?

Lol. You’re a weird effin dude.

Monday could get ugly...

zerohedge
@zerohedge

holy ----, everything is breaking

*CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIGGERED FOR JAPAN GOVT BOND FUTURES

========================

*SMFG SHARES FALL AS MUCH AS 16%, TOUCHING DAILY LOWER LIMIT. And there goes japan's second largest bank. Next up: bank runs.

Last edited:
Are you trying to argue he was fiscally responsible pre-Covid?

View attachment 664793
Trump was anything but fiscally responsible. He was more of the damn same - steadily increasing spend on every program out there.

Looks like what OB was saying is that Trump was running annual deficits of 1T, while the Progressives are running 2T a year.

Yay?

Do we think this has anything to do with the odds of war proliferation in the ME looking very likely?

Dow premarket down 817 (2.00%), NASDAQ down 862 (-4.64%) bitcoin down 9,753 or 15% ETH down 24% at 6 am cst

nikkei 225 closed -4451.28 (-12.4%)

Warren Buffett:

"be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”

"During such scary periods, you should never forget two things: First, widespread fear is your friend as an investor, because it serves up bargain purchases. Second, personal fear is your enemy. It will also be unwarranted. Investors who avoid high and unnecessary costs and simply sit for an extended period with a collection of large, conservatively-financed American businesses will almost certainly do well."

Last edited:
IF, anyone believes in crypto.... soon might be a good time to dip one's toe in the water. ETH is down like 30%.

MSTR is off 17% in the pre market and by a third in a week. They accumulate Bitcoin specifically rather than being distributed over multiple CCs. They’ve still had a massive run up of 3x/4x even after the $600/share give back.

There are also crypto ETPs, but they don’t trade 24/7 like the actual currencies. So those investors are stuck until regular trading hours and are the bag holders.

I might start accumulating ETPs today. Not to trade. I just feel that a 1% or 2% exposure isn’t a bad idea.

MSTR is off 17% in the pre market and by a third in a week. They accumulate Bitcoin specifically rather than being distributed over multiple CCs. They’ve still had a massive run up of 3x/4x even after the $600/share give back.

There are also crypto ETPs, but they don’t trade 24/7 like the actual currencies. So those investors are stuck until regular trading hours and are the bag holders.

I might start accumulating ETPs today. Not to trade. I just feel that a 1% or 2% exposure isn’t a bad idea.
Yeah I have a big option stake in that, and I am getting killed this morning. I am thinking of rolling down rather than taking a loss at this point and see what happens. Hard not to eject when your airplane is on fire.

dow and NASDAQ down over 900 premarket at 7:10 cst. There are going to be some great deals this week on some stocks.

Dow premarket down 817 (2.00%), NASDAQ down 862 (-4.64%) bitcoin down 9,753 or 15% ETH down 24% at 6 am cst

nikkei 225 closed -4451.28 (-12.4%)

Warren Buffett:

"be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”

"During such scary periods, you should never forget two things: First, widespread fear is your friend as an investor, because it serves up bargain purchases. Second, personal fear is your enemy. It will also be unwarranted. Investors who avoid high and unnecessary costs and simply sit for an extended period with a collection of large, conservatively-financed American businesses will almost certainly do well."

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back