Summer Ball 2023

In recognition of their kindness in sending people to Forest City Owls games, I had an orange & white sign made to thank @txbo at McNair Field. I put it up on an entrance to the party deck since I’m sure he appreciates a good time. I showed it to @preacherman20 & @dh24 last night and they appreciated the subliminal message at the end.

View attachment 559038
I’m humbled. That’s very cool.

In recognition of their kindness in sending people to Forest City Owls games, I had an orange & white sign made to thank @txbo at McNair Field. I put it up on an entrance to the party deck since I’m sure he appreciates a good time. I showed it to @preacherman20 & @dh24 last night and they appreciated the subliminal message at the end.

View attachment 559038

That kicks Ass!

JJ Garcia with another win tonight. If he keeps this up, he’ll get named to the CPL All Star team. Here’s JJ’s stats after tonight’s game.

IMG_9476.jpeg

I’ll add I think Austin Hunley was wrongfully charged with two runs that I and a couple of others think should have been scored errors. Here’s Austin’s stats:

IMG_9477.jpeg

@1RBFjr
‘What’s the weather like this time of year in Forest City?
We've been lucky in terms of temperature this year, but typical humidity has been constant. At the start of the season, we had a couple of games in the mid 70s. Things have warmed up, but last night was probably upper 70s which is atypical. The oven is getting cut on at the end of the week with a predicted 95 (!) on Saturday, and Friday at like 92.

Reactions: StarRaider and txbo
Why would he be surprised?[/QUOTE
Knew he was going to the Cape because he has to approve it. But here they are scouting Peebles and who runs out of the bullpen to throw, Joyce. Probably a pleasant surprise.
Funny thing is, he threw more in that game (1 out shy of 3 innings) than any outing at UT this year. I read he had a 4 pitch mix with speeds ranging 79-96.

Reactions: StarRaider

View attachment 559038
Who?

UT now has 5 catchers for the '24 season?

Cannon Peebles
Cal Stark
Ryan Miller
Charlie Taylor
and I think they have a HS recruit joining as well.

I get that coach is doing what's best for UT, but for the kids? 5 catchers...

This is why the portal is good, it will bring opportunity to a few of these kids. Imagine bleeding Orange and this happens, you're essentially forced to leave as school you love if you're not "good enough" to be the coaches choice for a starter and you just want to play. But I totally get it and That's Life...you've got to look out for #1 whether you're a coach or player.

Side Note: Ricky Martinez...gone. Off to New Mexico State for a similar role. He bleeds Orange but heads off for opportunity. Tip of the hat Ricky! Congrats!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back