Summer Ball 2023

He has two year of eligibility left I think, not 100%. Either way, good for him. He wasn’t on the roster an hour ago, but I don’t think they update rosters until Monday/Tuesday.

21 pitchers on the UT roster, we know about 6-7 have hit the portal, Jenkins threw a meager 16 innings. He's a Junior, yes eligibility left. I doubt he see's many UT innings in his future. Coach V seems to throw 6-7 guys which leaves 13-14 guys dying to get more innings. Draft or Portal probably looks like a better option to them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hearing Cotuit Kettleers....
21 pitchers on the UT roster, we know about 6-7 have hit the portal, Jenkins threw a meager 16 innings. He's a Junior, yes eligibility left. I doubt he see's many UT innings in his future. Coach V seems to throw 6-7 guys which leaves 13-14 guys dying to get more innings. Draft or Portal probably looks like a better option to them.

I was talking about Cotuit.

this is what I got, couple days old….

Jake Fitzgibbons
Jacob Bimbi to WKU
Turner Swistak to La Tech
Alex Stanwich
Shawn Scott

Who you got?

Lindsey, Dollander, Beam, Burns, Halverson, Sewell, Russell, Connell, Combs, Fanning. That is ten. I don’t think there is much doubt they were the best ten, too. That leaves some mid-week innings for the rest.

Austin Hunley was going to pick up the win tonight, but we had a blown save😞

IMG_9465.jpeg

Lindsey, Dollander, Beam, Burns, Halverson, Sewell, Russell, Connell, Combs, Fanning. That is ten. I don’t think there is much doubt they were the best ten, too. That leaves some mid-week innings for the rest.
Bless you for some clarity. Hope you’re right!

3 get drafted
3 return
2 hit the portal (you'll see them publicly next week)
1 is done
1 is 50/50 (he's the one I don't know)

Mid-week innings aren't good enough for the rest. Hence, portal or some stay and "hope they get more". I think Sechrist, Joyce, and Fitzgibbons were worthy of weekend roles but for whatever reason, V didn't believe in them enough to throw them. Tuesday nights aren't satisfying enough for guys that have higher aspirations than that. As a result, they move on or stay and "hope they get more" and as we know, "hope" is not a plan.

Last edited:
3 get drafted
3 return
1 is done

Mid-week innings aren't good enough for the rest. Hence, portal or some stay and "hope they get more". I think Sechrist, Joyce, and Fitzgibbons were worthy of weekend roles but for whatever reason, V didn't believe in them enough to throw them. Tuesday nights aren't satisfying enough for guys that have higher aspirations than that. As a result, they move on or stay and "hope they get more" and as we know, "hope" is not a plan.
I'm guessing Fanning is the other hitting the portal?

3 get drafted
3 return
1 is done

I thought Joyce was injured. Kind of hard to throw a guy when hes hurt.

I thought Joyce was injured. Kind of hard to throw a guy when hes hurt.

Joyce was hurt and has since pitched. Got hurt against Tenn Tech in April, but pitched a solid inning against Belmont in his return game in May. But I can't recall seeing him again.

He's an interesting situation. I had to go back and look at stats to confirm what I was thinking about him. He came out of the gate strong, remember he came in against San Diego with bases loaded, struck out like 2 or 3, allowed no runs. Fastball runs like 93-96. Did not pitch in any SEC series (x 1 inning vs TX A&M) or Regional/Super Reg/Omaha.

Joyce was hurt and has since pitched. Got hurt against Tenn Tech in April, but pitched a solid inning against Belmont in his return game in May. But I can't recall seeing him again.

He's an interesting situation. I had to go back and look at stats to confirm what I was thinking about him. He came out of the gate strong, remember he came in against San Diego with bases loaded, struck out like 2 or 3, allowed no runs. Fastball runs like 93-96. Did not pitch in any SEC series (x 1 inning vs TX A&M) or Regional/Super Reg/Omaha.
Looks like I was wrong, I knew he came back and threw once, but I thought an article had come out at some point that he was being shut down for the season. If it did I cant find it. I stand corrected.

In recognition of their kindness in sending people to Forest City Owls games, I had an orange & white sign made to thank @txbo at McNair Field. I put it up on an entrance to the party deck since I’m sure he appreciates a good time. I showed it to @preacherman20 & @dh24 last night and they appreciated the subliminal message at the end.

IMG_9421.jpeg

In recognition of their kindness in sending people to Forest City Owls games, I had an orange & white sign made to thank @txbo at McNair Field. I put it up on an entrance to the party deck since I’m sure he appreciates a good time. I showed it to @preacherman20 & @dh24 last night and they appreciated the subliminal message at the end.

View attachment 559038
Classy move

View attachment 559038
Great to see you guys last night in Forest City! The Owls organization puts out a great product. Always a fun time at the ballpark…

VN Store

Back