SUV plows down Wisconsin Christmas parade as children watch in horror

His objection to the use of his name is makes him look really stupid. It would be one thing to say "I'm not Darrell Brooks. Whoever they are talking about isn't me." Instead it's coming off as "I know I ran all those people down, but I would prefer that you call me by a different name."

Also, he throws out objections with no concept of what they mean. He objects to fact-based questions with "hearsay," but the question had nothing to do with anyone saying anything. Then he objects to something like "which cross street was this?" with "irrelevant." So the location of the crime isn't relevant?
He clearly hasn’t seen the episode where June kills Fred.

Location is everything!

Reactions: bamawriter
It sounds like by the time this is over somebody should be able to stitch together a montage that would go well with Yakety Sax.

Oh dear God, the douchebag started crying after the judge refused to entertain his nonsense about jurisdiction.

Brooks tries to bring up his SovCit jurisdiction argument coming out of every break, and the judge is doing all she can to not lose it on him. This is one of the instances where I know the exact source of his arguments. A SovCit guru named Marc Stevens has peddled this nonsense to morons for over a decade now. He convinces the gullible that the Court is under some kind of obligation to prove both personal and subject matter jurisdiction to the defendant, and if the defendant simply denies having seen such evidence the trial cannot move forward.

He's tried to subpoena "The State of Wisconsin" because that's the plaintiff, and he has the right to face his accuser. More SovCit nuttery.

Wow, Dorow is letting Brooks put every single bit of his SovCit nuttery on the record. He's just rambling, uninterrupted about complete bull crap.

I highly recommend everyone find a video from yesterday of Brooks doing his 45 minutes of incoherent rambling, the DA's absolute destruction of his nonsense, his attempt at using the My Cousin Vinny argument, and the judge chastising him like he's a petulant child.

Reactions: Electric Orange
I don't think he cares. He's going away for the rest of his life. Nothing he (or his former lawyers) can do about that. He's just trying to see how far he can go in frustrating the process.
It’s apparent he didn’t care. He’s going away for life and intends to make this process painful for everyone.

It’s apparent he didn’t care. He’s going away for life and intends to make this process painful for everyone.

I may have to revise my opinion after yesterday. I think he's convinced himself that he actually has a sound legal argument and that his charges should be dismissed.

I may have to revise my opinion after yesterday. I think he's convinced himself that he actually has a sound legal argument and that his charges should be dismissed.
I’m curious what is that sound legal argument?

edit. Nm I read the above.

Last edited:
Brooks' emphasis this week is objecting every time someone uses his name. He "doesn't consent to being called that name." When asked for his specific objection, he says that filings have his name written in all caps (DARRELL EDWARD BROOKS, JR). Of course, he's a moron, so when asked if he would recognize his name if it was written in with the first letters capitalized he still said "no."

Another great moment late yesterday. After Brooks interrupted all and made comments all day, the judge threatened to have him removed again. After she advised him to knock it off, Brooks yells "I'M A GROWN MAN WITH GROWN KIDS! CAN'T NOBODY TELL ME TO DO NOTHIN'!!!"

Another great moment late yesterday. After Brooks interrupted all and made comments all day, the judge threatened to have him removed again. After she advised him to knock it off, Brooks yells "I'M A GROWN MAN WITH GROWN KIDS! CAN'T NOBODY TELL ME TO DO NOTHIN'!!!"
I’ve actually heard of something like this strategy work pretty effectively in petty cases, but not in anything close to a homicide case.

Being the pain in the ass litigant generally comes back to bite you as long as the opposing party has a sufficient incentive.

VN Store

Back