Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Taliban Pose in Kabul's Presidential Palace as Afghan leader flees country: Islamists Declare Islamic Emirate amid chaotic scenes at airport as thousands including British Ambassador try to get out

• The Taliban has warned the US it must cease airstrikes or else its extremist fighters will move in
The Taliban has said they will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul as militants posed in the office and the country's president fled for Tajikistan, with thousands of Afghan nationals now racing to Pakistan to escape brutal Islamist rule.

The country's embattled president Ashraf Ghani while thousands of Afghan nationals fled to the Pakistan border, in a move signalling the end of the failed 20-year Western experiment begun after the September 11 attacks in New York City and Washington DC.

Foreigners in Kabul were told to either leave or register their presence with Taliban administrators, while RAF planes were scrambled to evacuate 6,000 British diplomats, citizens and Afghan translators, and the British Ambassador was moved to a safe place.

Bagram air base, holding ISIS and Taliban fighters, was also surrendered by troops on Sunday despite the hundreds of billions of dollars spent by the United States and NATO over the past two decades to build up Afghanistan's security forces.

46703641-9895247-image-m-23_1629047176647.jpg

The Taliban has said they will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul as militants posed in the office

Taliban pose inside Presidential Palace in Kabul after Afghan leader flees country | Daily Mail Online

I wonder how rampant COVID is there no masks, no vax....I see a bottle of hand sanitizer.

I would agree, but it seems like Americans are going to get killed over how badly this has been bungled.

Better leadership would have prevented this.

How so? Exactly how so?

Trump set deadline to be out of May 1.

Maybe the withdrawal of allies could have been anticipated better but I don't think that's a POTUS thing, that's a shortcoming of our military.

Reactions: imw8n4u
so this may be a dumb question but why don't you move non-combat personnel out before you take combat personnel out? Seems you could withdraw the civilians etc first rather than withdraw troops then the civilians.

the weapons are a tough one since allegedly you are leaving them for our "allies" to use and pulling them/destroying them eliminates the charade that you believe the Afghan government can defend themselves.

Taliban Pose in Kabul's Presidential Palace as Afghan leader flees country: Islamists Declare Islamic Emirate amid chaotic scenes at airport as thousands including British Ambassador try to get out

• The Taliban has warned the US it must cease airstrikes or else its extremist fighters will move in
The Taliban has said they will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul as militants posed in the office and the country's president fled for Tajikistan, with thousands of Afghan nationals now racing to Pakistan to escape brutal Islamist rule.

The country's embattled president Ashraf Ghani while thousands of Afghan nationals fled to the Pakistan border, in a move signalling the end of the failed 20-year Western experiment begun after the September 11 attacks in New York City and Washington DC.

Foreigners in Kabul were told to either leave or register their presence with Taliban administrators, while RAF planes were scrambled to evacuate 6,000 British diplomats, citizens and Afghan translators, and the British Ambassador was moved to a safe place.

Bagram air base, holding ISIS and Taliban fighters, was also surrendered by troops on Sunday despite the hundreds of billions of dollars spent by the United States and NATO over the past two decades to build up Afghanistan's security forces.

46703641-9895247-image-m-23_1629047176647.jpg

The Taliban has said they will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul as militants posed in the office

Taliban pose inside Presidential Palace in Kabul after Afghan leader flees country | Daily Mail Online

Is that Pelosi 's office or is that AOC's. Hope those two don't get raped by the goat herders.

How so? Exactly how so?

Maybe the withdrawal of allies could have been anticipated better but I don't think that's a POTUS thing, that's a shortcoming of our military.

who directs the military? clearly Blinken and ultimately Biden are sorting through options given to them by the military (who IIRC were against this quick withdrawal)

How so? Exactly how so?

BS .... if this was Trump's incompetence you'd be the first on here calling for his bloody head.

A phased withdrawal coupled with the destruction of assets not coming back to CONUS is what should have happened. Biden completely screwed this up by announcing the withdrawal. He then doubled down on the stupid by saying the Taliban were a bunch of JV-league pu****s that couldn’t put up any kind of fight.
But the belief was that we were leaving them to secure and defend their country. Should we blow up all assets before and leave them empty handed? Doubtful anyone believed we were leaving behind a very competent military but I believe we thought they'd put up some resistance

I'm not against a few well placed missiles to do the job now

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Poorly done is a trademark of government action. There is no scenario in which the government organizes a well coordinated exit. Half-ass, poorly implemented is the sole province of government.

Well it appears he rushed so he could look good on 9-11 or so he thought. He can squash that victory lap now.

But the belief was that we were leaving them to secure and defend their country. Should we blow up all assets before and leave them empty handed? Doubtful anyone believed we were leaving behind a very competent military but I believe we thought they'd put up some resistance

I'm not against a few well placed missiles to do the job now

I wonder how many really believed they could secure/defend the country - hard to imagine there's any shock here other than the speed with which the Afghan forces have caved but we had to know it wasn't going to work. That said, we can't destroy the assets with our current explanation of why we are leaving so damned if you do...

The missile problem is that the Taliban are in the city - back to our RoE problems from the start of this thing.

Maybe naive on my part but at this point the best we can hope for is getting most people out over the next couple days with minimum losses. I'd be shizzing my pants on any flight out of that airport anticipating some form of surface to air action.

VN Store

Back