Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
I wonder how many really believed they could secure/defend the country - hard to imagine there's any shock here other than the speed with which the Afghan forces have caved but we had to know it wasn't going to work. That said, we can't destroy the assets with our current explanation of why we are leaving so damned if you do...

The missile problem is that the Taliban are in the city - back to our RoE problems from the start of this thing.

Maybe naive on my part but at this point the best we can hope for is getting most people out over the next couple days with minimum losses. I'd be shizzing my pants on any flight out of that airport anticipating some form of surface to air action.
I'm more thinking about hitting big stuff like the Blackhawks, drones, mraps, etc. Small arms is just gone by now

I don't think anyone who knew the people thought they would last long. Good friend of mine trained their troops in Iraq and had zero good things to say about them so I imagine Afg troops are similar. Maybe longer than a day though

BS .... if this was Trump's incompetence you'd be the first on here calling for his bloody head.

He made the deal to leave. You guys were all for it. Now you want to seize on the outcome and blame Biden.

Two things are certain. One is that this was the inevitable result of leaving, no matter who's idea it was and no matter who was in office when it happened. Two is that everyone would blame everyone else.

Reactions: midnight orange
I'm more thinking about hitting big stuff like the Blackhawks, drones, mraps, etc. Small arms is just gone by now

I don't think anyone who knew the people thought they would last long. Good friend of mine trained their troops in Iraq and had zero good things to say about them so I imagine Afg troops are similar. Maybe longer than a day though

It's an interesting idea - now that it's inevitable that the Afghan government/army is gone why not try to destroy some assets while you can.

He made the deal to leave. You guys were all for it. Now you want to seize on the outcome and blame Biden.

Two things are certain. One is that this was the inevitable result of leaving, no matter who's idea it was and no matter who was in office when it happened. Two is that everyone would blame everyone else.

weren't you for leaving?

I'd argue most are concerned with the manner of the withdrawal vs the actual. Clearly it isn't going to plan and what we were being told by the administration managing it is quite different than reality. Completely legitimate criticism.

We don't understand the culture in that part of the world. They respect heavy handed politics, religious ultimatums and tribalism. We tried to teach them our way and it didn't work. Time to just take the loss, evacuate our people and blow up everything we left behind so they can use it against us in the future.

weren't you for leaving?

I'd argue most are concerned with the manner of the withdrawal vs the actual. Clearly it isn't going to plan and what we were being told by the administration managing it is quite different than reality. Completely legitimate criticism.

Ok. And I submit it would have been largely the same under Trump.

VN Store

Back