Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
This is BS. Trump may have screwed it up too, but we'll never know. What we do know is Biden has screwed it up. He's the Commander-in-Chief. The withdrawal strategy, which was piss poor, falls squarely on him. His intelligent and military chiefs presented this plan to him and he signed off. Whether or not there were any voices counseling him differently, we'll most likely never know, but this is the direction Biden chose, and it exploded in his face. Stop trying to play hot potato with the blame. It falls on Biden. Remember the Truman slogan on his desk, "The Buck Stops Here".
The guy has been faking leadership for 47 years.

I blame Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Obama, Trump, Biden and a whole bunch of people around them. This should have ended when Al Queda was routed.
Obama should have begun plans to withdraw troops right after his press conference announcing we got Osama. That's when this should have ended. We are not nation builders.

You think Trump might have seen any of that and looked for better advice if he wasn't being impeached all the time? We can't quit politics long enough to make rational policy, but nobody considered that before politicizing everything and making that the rule. Think about the courts and NCAA and NIL; what's the exit strategy when that blows up? Long term thought and rationality no longer exist. Just jump in with both feet ranting and raving - forget caution or common damn sense.

Lol!! That's hilarious!!

Because we all saw how astute a studier of intelligence he was, right?

At what point does the US intervene when the Taliban goes on a slaughter path?

That is a different topic. Yes, I fear a slaughter is about to take place. I also felt like we should have left the God-forsaken place over 15 years ago ago, while telling them we're leaving for now, but screw up again and we will be back in the dumbass-killing business with newer and better weapons to try on your gown-wearing asses.

We just took a giant **** on it.
But there’s nothing we can do about it now.
Unless we flush more American lives away.

The fact they folded so quickly despite "training" and being given the weaponry suggests they have no real interest in fighting for themselves. It's a bad situation, but one we can do nothing more about.

Unless we flush more American lives away.

The fact they folded so quickly despite "training" and being given the weaponry suggests they have no real interest in fighting for themselves. It's a bad situation, but one we can do nothing more about.
We dumped the whole country on them over night with no room for error. A staged draw down that took 6 months to a year was the only way we get out of there without complete collapse. And that should have happened years ago.
Now we just need to leave at let the EU worry about it

Reactions: StarRaider
We dumped the whole country on them over night with no room for error. A staged draw down that took 6 months to a year was the only way we get out of there without complete collapse. And that should have happened years ago.
Now we just need to leave at let the EU worry about it
I agree with a staged withdrawal. Diplomats should have been the first out, with all sensitive materials removed or destroyed. You take them out of country until you are sure you can return them to a safe country. Troops should have been last ones out, and they should have been withdrawing from a base, not a city. An established military base would have been easier to defend than a city. It was piss poor strategy, IMO. I question the intelligence of our military leaders if they thought this plan was tactically good.

I agree with a staged withdrawal. Diplomats should have been the first out, with all sensitive materials removed or destroyed. You take them out of country until you are sure you can return them to a safe country. Troops should have been last ones out, and they should have been withdrawing from a base, not a city. An established military base would have been easier to defend than a city. It was piss poor strategy, IMO. I question the intelligence of our military leaders if they thought this plan was tactically good.
You turn Kabul Airport into a fortress and control the withdrawal from there. From what I’ve read today that is the plan now, to secure the airport and enable air evacuations. But now these morons are forcing the DoD to do it after the fact of the collapse of the Afghan government. Idiots.

Reactions: StarRaider
You turn Kabul Airport into a fortress and control the withdrawal from there. From what I’ve read today that is the plan now, to secure the airport and enable air evacuations. But now these morons are forcing the DoD to do it after the fact of the collapse of the Afghan government. Idiots.
Urban combat is more difficult than defending an outside base. Kabul should not have been in the equation. We should have been out of there well in advance of the withdrawal.

There’s no sugar coating this turd by this inept administration.
Every recent POTUS has inept moments, even Trump. It's up to the citizens to respond in the next election if they want different. I'm not trying to carry water for either side.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider

VN Store

Back