Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Urban combat is more difficult than defending an outside base. Kabul should not have been in the equation. We should have been out of there well in advance of the withdrawal.
Defending a secured airfield with a secure perimeter isn’t urban warfare however. You aren’t going door to door, you define a perimeter and defend it to the hilt with razor wire, machine gun nests, counter mortar defenses, etc… The airport is the only means of evacuation. And if this gets more real then we have to worry about MANPADs on in incoming/outgoing aircraft.

Defending a secured airfield with a secure perimeter isn’t urban warfare however. You aren’t going door to door, you define a perimeter and defend it to the hilt with razor wire, machine gun nests, counter mortar defenses, etc… The airport is the only means of evacuation. And if this gets more real then we have to worry about MANPADs on in incoming/outgoing aircraft.

They could easily use the city to launch attacks, and in order for us to respond properly, it means going into the city. It's probably the best strategy we have NOW. But we could have done better before now. I still say a military air base would have been easier to defend had we handled the withdrawal differently.

Reactions: AM64
The guy has been faking leadership for 47 years.

Mark Levin called Biden a chameleon. He doesn't have any real values. He and his family has learned how to bank roll America. He has been noted for getting things wrong on foreign policy for 40 years. This proves it.

Last edited:
They could easily use the city to launch attacks, and in order for us to respond properly, it means going into the city. It's probably the best strategy we have NOW. But we could have done better before now. I still say a military air base would have been easier to defend had we handled the withdrawal differently.
This is why we used Bagram instead of Kabul International. Bagram was a fortress even last year. It is remote thus easier to control the perimeter.

But Kabul Airport is the one we have. So I’m guessing it’s about to be a fortress for the near term. Read an article that they are trying to ramp up to 5000 evacuees a day which is a few days off. This will be going on for a while.

I blame the war monger generals we have allowed to run our military and promote endless wars and now have become woke and are more worried about gender issues and racially dividing our military than winning a war.
There's a lot to unpack there. War monger generals promoting endless wars, woke, worried about gender issues, racially dividing the services and not concerned with winning wars. Is that really the way you see our highest ranking military leaders?

There's a lot to unpack there. War monger generals promoting endless wars, woke, worried about gender issues, racially dividing the services and not concerned with winning wars. Is that really the way you see our highest ranking military leaders?
ABSOLUTELY! If you see them any other way, you're not paying attention.

ABSOLUTELY! If you see them any other way, you're not paying attention.

I don't see the general officers as being divided or divisive. I see them trying to lead during a time when the country is so divided that no matter what they do half the country is going to carp about it. When Gen Milley accompanied Trump for his "photo op" half us went boo and half of us went yea. Since that book came out about the "coup" half of us think he's a hero and half think he's a traitor. If we don't get this figured out soon we are all gonna be just ****ed..

I don't see the general officers as being divided or divisive. I see them trying to lead during a time when the country is so divided that no matter what they do half the country is going to carp about it. When Gen Milley accompanied Trump for his "photo op" half us went boo and half of us went yea. Since that book came out about the "coup" half of us think he's a hero and half think he's a traitor. If we don't get this figured out soon we are all gonna be just ****ed..
Sorry man, we just witnessed the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff lecture congress about how he thought crt was worthwhile for the entire military to learn. We have just witnessed the military saying it's okay to be a transsexual and be in the military, in fact they even had a tranny contest. We also just witnessed the US military high tail it and run away from Afghanistan. Our military should only be focused on one thing and that is all, defending our country.

Unless we flush more American lives away.

The fact they folded so quickly despite "training" and being given the weaponry suggests they have no real interest in fighting for themselves. It's a bad situation, but one we can do nothing more about.

The soviet puppet regime lasted 3 Years before collapsing --this coalitions’ didn’t even make it 3 months!! It's almost comical until you remember the mountains of dead and billions of dollars that were transferred from john doe to the military industrial complex.
Billions that went into the hands of arms manufacturers and private contractor executives. Yet another thrilling success of nation-building!

That had to have the makings of an Airplane! movie. How many people were hanging on the wings and tail?
Cargo Compartment: length, 88 feet (26.82 meters); width, 18 feet (5.48 meters); height, 12 feet 4 inches (3.76 meters)

1584 sq ft = 17"x17" per passenger

VN Store

Back