Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
It's our intelligence agencies job to know and they failed big time. There is absolutely no excuse for us not having an accurate assessment of the Afgan Army and a damn good one on the Taliban's capability.
Once it was obvious the US was leaving, some of the Afghan Army, Northern Alliance, whatever they're called today probably switched sides and joined with the Taliban. Not everyone fighting against the Taliban is actually hardcore against the Taliban.

Supposedly that's a thing in Afghanistan. Fighting against someone one day and a few days later they may join you. Something to do with honor or something. I can't remember.

Once it was obvious the US was leaving, some of the Afghan Army, Northern Alliance, whatever they're called today probably switched sides and joined with the Taliban. Not everyone fighting against the Taliban is actually hardcore against the Taliban.

Supposedly that's a thing in Afghanistan. Fighting against someone one day and a few days later they may join you. Something to do with honor or something. I can't remember.

I've heard from several guys you can't trust them as far as you can throw them.

Yep.

This. Sad sad truth. Btw...more Americans die from opiate overdose every single year than died in the entire VN war. The vast majority of them were intentionally addicted by Drs and Big Pharm. 90,000 plus dead in 2019 alone....
Opiates are an evil curse on our society. Unfortunately like in war the deaths are only a small measure of the overall impact. In Vietnam the ration was about a 30% mortality rate if wounded. The middle estimate of deaths is 2.5 million. That would work out to about 8.3 million casualties in an area that is about 80% the size of Calif. There is o telling what the total impact numbers are on opiates in this country.

Physical location wise? Or the supplies and equipment wise? Or something else?
Exiting them. Sooner or later we're going to be back for more firefighting in the mess.

People talk about the 20 year "war," but we've had very few casualties the last several years.

Reactions: AM64
Itll be interesting to see the about face people do this in few years when a more hawkish Republican is in office and we get sucked back by terrists or something similar.

That Biden did the right thing? Yes. That's my opinion right now. Biden did right by America by pulling out. Period.
Pulling out needed to happen. The execution has been horrid. I think the end result would likely have been the same but the optics surrounding the lack of plan or transition is a tough one.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Simple solution, if Taliban takes over Afghanistan, I say we drop a nuke on Afghanistan and obliterate the population. They have already shown that they are a useless people and have no value to the Human Race. They won't be missed. You would be doing a favor (mercy killing) to the children by not having to grow up in that regime.

You would also send a MAJOR message that the USA doesn't lose wars. If they want to do the dumbass Guerilla War/Insurgency tactics, we need a strong response for them. Any terrorist in the future would think twice when they look at the nuclear radiated wasteland that would be Afghanistan.

Simple solution, if Taliban takes over Afghanistan, I say we drop a nuke on Afghanistan and obliterate the population. They have already shown that they are a useless people and have no value to the Human Race. They won't be missed. You would be doing a favor (mercy killing) to the children by not having to grow up in that regime.

You would also send a MAJOR message that the USA doesn't lose wars. If they want to do the dumbass Guerilla War/Insurgency tactics, we need a strong response for them. Any terrorist in the future would think twice when they look at the nuclear radiated wasteland that would be Afghanistan.

China is prepared to recognize the Taliban as the legitimate ruler of Afghanistan if it succeeds in toppling the Western-backed government in Kabul.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-r...abul-falls-sources-say-undermining-us-threats

Reactions: AM64 and Ttucke11
Remember that Germany and Japan had radicalized populations in the 1940s and you not only had to defeat the state but also the will of the people to fight. This mean carpet bombing, atomic bombing of Japan, full conquest of Germany, etc. to get them to actually change.

The Middle East won't change unless you stoop to their level and give them a real wakeup call and bloody mouth. A major STATEMENT is needed to change the culture like what happened with Japan in 1945.

I've heard from several guys you can't trust them as far as you can throw them.
Yea. Something else interesting I read was in the beginning the guys in the NA the SF were working with would point out some Afghans on the other side of a valley and say "Taliban". After checking it out before calling in an airstrike, the SF teamleader found out sometimes they weren't actually Taliban, it's just some rival warlord that guy wanted killed.

Those first SF teams had a tough job.

Exiting them. Sooner or later we're going to be back for more firefighting in the mess.

People talk about the 20 year "war," but we've had very few casualties the last several years.
What do you believe the US is going to ultimately solve if we return? Even the “few” casualties were too many. It is beyond time to exit Afghanistan with no intentions of returning.

VN Store

Back