Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
BS because it makes Biden look bad? At some point you have to admit that Biden or his handlers screwed this up in the worst possible way. Stop blaming Trump or anyone else. It's pathetic. Biden has been in charge for 7 months and this is a major disaster for him and his admin. Biden has made the world a very very dangerous place.

Biden sucks. There is always a worse way to do things, tho.

Stop writing a paragraph based on bad assumptions about my position.

I remember Biden saying it would take months. It took weeks. There is a severe disconnect here. Either Biden intentionally misinformed the public or he was misinformed.

I don't disagree that it's ungovernable. But this isn't what we were told would happen.
Based on what I've heard from people who served in Afghanistan, it is quite possible he was misinformed. Generals were misinformed by their subordinates all the time during the war, but ultimately it is up to the decision-makers to discover if they are being misled or lied to.

IMO, "my subordinates lied to me" is not sufficient, even if said subordinates did straight up lie and mislead.

I remember Biden saying it would take months. It took weeks. There is a severe disconnect here. Either Biden intentionally misinformed the public or he was misinformed.

I don't disagree that it's ungovernable. But this isn't what we were told would happen.
Biden is a pathological liar.

Reactions: AM64
Based on what I've heard from people who served in Afghanistan, it is quite possible he was misinformed. Generals were misinformed by their subordinates all the time during the war, but ultimately it is up to the decision-makers to discover if they are being misled or lied to.

IMO, "my subordinates lied to me" is not sufficient, even if said subordinates did straight up lie and mislead.
And this is why I started the president and top brass need to do some self scouting.

'No one cares about us': Crying Afghan girl shares fears of 'dying slowly in history' in viral video as her country is taken over by the Taliban

• The clip features a crying girl whose identity remains unknown, voicing her anguish at the world's treatment of her country
A heartbreaking video of an Afghan girl voicing her anguish at the world's treatment of her country has gone viral, days before the Taliban successfully established their control on Sunday.

The emotional video has already garnered millions of views after being posted to Twitter by human rights activist Masih Alinejad, and features a crying girl whose identity remains unknown.

'I cannot help crying,' she adds. 'No one cares about us. We'll die slowly in history.'

46721029-9897005-image-a-34_1629092629999.jpg

A heartbreaking video of an Afghan girl voicing her anguish at the world's treatment of her country has gone viral, days before the Taliban successfully established their control of Afghanistan on Sunday

Crying Afghan girl shares fears of 'dying slowly in history' as her country is seized by Taliban | Daily Mail Online

What % do you think is Biden's culpability?

In what regard?

American's wanted out, we're getting out and suddenly everyone's appalled at the sht show that's being left behind.

Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest.

Maybe our guys were there looking for all the WMD's we were told were in Iraq?

This administration doesn't have the market cornered on bad intel.

'No one cares about us': Crying Afghan girl shares fears of 'dying slowly in history' in viral video as her country is taken over by the Taliban

• The clip features a crying girl whose identity remains unknown, voicing her anguish at the world's treatment of her country
A heartbreaking video of an Afghan girl voicing her anguish at the world's treatment of her country has gone viral, days before the Taliban successfully established their control on Sunday.

The emotional video has already garnered millions of views after being posted to Twitter by human rights activist Masih Alinejad, and features a crying girl whose identity remains unknown.

'I cannot help crying,' she adds. 'No one cares about us. We'll die slowly in history.'

A heartbreaking video of an Afghan girl voicing her anguish at the world's treatment of her country has gone viral, days before the Taliban successfully established their control of Afghanistan on Sunday

Crying Afghan girl shares fears of 'dying slowly in history' as her country is seized by Taliban | Daily Mail Online

She should blame the pathetic males in her country who failed to fight off the Taliban.

I feel for this girl because she couldn't help anything. On the larger picture, I have zero sympathy. We held hands for 20 years and as soon as we let go they fold in a month. This is what that country wants. I'm sorry this girl was born in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In what regard?

American's wanted out, we're getting out and suddenly everyone's appalled at the sht show that's being left behind.

Most of the general public following these events are under some kind of false assumption that there was a way to do this "right," even if there wasn't a functioning Afghan government.

Biden's Statement 'washing hands' of Afghanistan 'is one of most shameful in US history': Left and Right-wing Media UNITE in Condemnation of America's 'chaotic retreat' and 'betrayal' of Afghan people

• Wall Street Journal condemns Joe Biden 'washing his hands' of situation and slams his 'shameful' comments
  • CNN columnist says 'debacle of defeat and chaotic retreat in Afghanistan' is a 'political disaster' for President
  • Opinion writer in The Atlantic slams 'betrayal' of Afghan people and places the 'burden of shame' on Mr Biden
  • New York Post editorial says Mr Biden's claims that he 'inherited' Donald Trump's withdrawal plans were a 'lie'
  • UK Press also hits out at Mr Biden, with The Sun editorial criticising Mr Biden for 'ignored repeated warnings'
  • FT piece says 'abandonment of Afghanistan raises doubts over depth of US commitment to supposed allies'
Media outlets across the political divide in the US and Britain have united in their condemnation over Joe Biden's handling of the Afghanistan crisis amid what is being billed the biggest foreign policy catastrophe in 65 years.

Even Left-wing outlets such as CNN and The New York Times that would traditionally back a Democrat president have hit out at Mr Biden for his role in allowing insurgents to take Kabul after routing Afghan forces in just a week.

46729841-9897611-image-m-42_1629112254764.jpg

Media in America and Britain react to Afghanistan crisis | Daily Mail Online

In what regard?

The whole world is laughing at president doofus because he's always been wrong on policy. Even the god-man Obama said Joe will f*** things up. But again, Joe doesn't tweet mean things.

Biden's Statement 'washing hands' of Afghanistan 'is one of most shameful in US history': Left and Right-wing Media UNITE in Condemnation of America's 'chaotic retreat' and 'betrayal' of Afghan people

• Wall Street Journal condemns Joe Biden 'washing his hands' of situation and slams his 'shameful' comments
  • CNN columnist says 'debacle of defeat and chaotic retreat in Afghanistan' is a 'political disaster' for President
  • Opinion writer in The Atlantic slams 'betrayal' of Afghan people and places the 'burden of shame' on Mr Biden
  • New York Post editorial says Mr Biden's claims that he 'inherited' Donald Trump's withdrawal plans were a 'lie'
  • UK Press also hits out at Mr Biden, with The Sun editorial criticising Mr Biden for 'ignored repeated warnings'
  • FT piece says 'abandonment of Afghanistan raises doubts over depth of US commitment to supposed allies'
Media outlets across the political divide in the US and Britain have united in their condemnation over Joe Biden's handling of the Afghanistan crisis amid what is being billed the biggest foreign policy catastrophe in 65 years.

Even Left-wing outlets such as CNN and The New York Times that would traditionally back a Democrat president have hit out at Mr Biden for his role in allowing insurgents to take Kabul after routing Afghan forces in just a week.

46729841-9897611-image-m-42_1629112254764.jpg

Media in America and Britain react to Afghanistan crisis | Daily Mail Online

I don't get the line that we betrayed the Afghan people. Maybe the interpreters and locals who helped, and that is a shame...but the people as a whole? That makes no sense. We gave them every advantage and opportunity and resources for 20 years to take care of themselves. This is on them.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Maybe our guys were there looking for all the WMD's we were told were in Iraq?
Iraq WMDs was not an intelligence failure either. Tenet and others tried to warn them before the war that basing war rationale mostly or entirely on massive WMD stockpiles was not really supported by evidence. Colin Powell didn't want to go down that path, others did not want to go down that path. They were ultimately overruled by Cheney and Rumsfeld, who had Dubya's ear.

The whole world is laughing at this doofus because he's always been wrong on policy. Even the god-man Obama said Joe will f*** things up.

"Who cares what the world thinks of us" - Every Trumper for the last four years.

Forgive me while I LOL at the sudden change of heart.

I feel for this girl because she couldn't help anything. On the larger picture, I have zero sympathy. We held hands for 20 years and as soon as we let go they fold in a month. This is what that country wants. I'm sorry this girl was born in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Allah's will.

VN Store

Back