Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
I'm tired of everyone expecting us to be the world police. We have no purpose in being there. Happy we got out, completely botched the exit though, forcing us to go back in.

Seems like it would be a lot cheaper and make more sense to defend our borders and protect the country itself from terrorists than go fight somewhere else to eradicate the terrorist threat. Sometimes defense actually based on defense rather than offense makes so much more sense. Reasonable isolationism can be a lot less costly, but it doesn't give as much opportunity for defense contractors - especially when you leave a lot of stuff behind for the former enemy to take over. Trying to fix somebody else's insurgencies and civil wars are fools' errands.

Seems like it would be a lot cheaper and make more sense to defend our borders and protect the country itself from terrorists than go fight somewhere else to eradicate the terrorist threat. Sometimes defense actually based on defense rather than offense makes so much more sense. Reasonable isolationism can be a lot less costly, but it doesn't give as much opportunity for defense contractors - especially when you leave a lot of stuff behind for the former enemy to take over. Trying to fix somebody else's insurgencies and civil wars are fools' errands.
But if we just defend ourselves, the military war complex doesn't make as much money when we blow up equipment and GI's all over the world.

Hey, at least the Taliban are killing any of our allies they find, so there's that. Good luck finding anyone to help us the next go round.

Good job Biden. Yet one more **** up on your pathetic resume.

THIS ALL DAY! This withdrawal was an epic fail of withdrawals.

Will Kabul fall while Biden is in the basement?

On Thursday's Mark Levin Show, seven months ago the US had approximately 7,000 troops in Afghanistan, the war was over and the troops were training the Afghans and providing air cover. President Biden reduced their air cover and slashed the number of troops in the region, now he is pleading with the Taliban to not attack our embassy because, as expected, they are taking over. The Taliban is executing anyone with an affiliation to the US military.

The Great One begins his segment about the withdrawal.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...mMtZjcxYy0xMWViLWE1ZDMtODc3MzhiYzZkYmYx?ep=14

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
On Thursday's Mark Levin Show, seven months ago the US had approximately 7,000 troops in Afghanistan, the war was over and the troops were training the Afghans and providing air cover. President Biden reduced their air cover and slashed the number of troops in the region, now he is pleading with the Taliban to not attack our embassy because, as expected, they are taking over. The Taliban is executing anyone with an affiliation to the US military.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...mMtZjcxYy0xMWViLWE1ZDMtODc3MzhiYzZkYmYx?ep=14
I'm sorry, but after 20 years and billions, if not trillions of dollars spent there, we don't owe them anything other than to say sorry, you're on your own we're out of here.

Exiting them. Sooner or later we're going to be back for more firefighting in the mess.

People talk about the 20 year "war," but we've had very few casualties the last several years.
The idea is to stay out. If biden is just dropping us out with some foreknowledge that we might return then he is the worst of the bunch.

You can put it in quotations all you want but Americans on duty dying in foreign countries cant be written off.

What I find funny is how the US Government is acting so shocked by this. I mean, did anyone honestly not see this coming? I knew as soon as we pulled out of there this would happen.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
Media is in full court press mode trying to change the hearts and minds of Americans, especially focusing on the plight of the women and children there. While the stories are horrific, I don't think they are going to be able to convince the majority of us to change our minds that after 20+ years and billions and billions of dollars spent, it was past time to get out of there. They were given all the tools, equipment and training needed thanks to our troops and money, and still this was the result. More time and money was not the answer, they have to want it and get it for themselves now.

I think what is getting lost is not that we left it's how we left. It is a mess and does lead us open to future vulnerabilities. The plan to leave the way we did was stupid an there is a heavy price being paid.

Media is in full court press mode trying to change the hearts and minds of Americans, especially focusing on the plight of the women and children there. While the stories are horrific, I don't think they are going to be able to convince the majority of us to change our minds that after 20+ years and billions and billions of dollars spent, it was past time to get out of there. They were given all the tools, equipment and training needed thanks to our troops and money, and still this was the result. More time and money was not the answer, they have to want it and get it for themselves now.

My opinion..not just a few years, but 2 decades. As sad as it is, just futile.

Reactions: AM64
Maybe this would work if one half of the bureaucrats didn't turn border security into a political points issue

Reactions: AM64
I'm sorry, but after 20 years and billions, if not trillions of dollars spent there, we don't owe them anything other than to say sorry, you're on your own we're out of here.

We owe it to honor our word to those who trusted our word. That Biden is folding up without helping those who believed in our word is disgraceful and shameful. He ought to at least have gotten those people out before it falls.

We owe it to honor our word to those who trusted our word. That Biden is folding up without helping those who believed in our word is disgraceful and shameful. He ought to at least have gotten those people out before it falls.

We clearly need to leave but this administration had no clue how to leave. They seemed to get on the airplane overnight and now they are coming back.

We clearly need to leave but this administration had no clue how to leave. They seemed to get on the airplane overnight and now they are coming back.

How could anyone with a brain expect different from this feckless imbecile in the WH? That question assumes he's in charge, which might not actually be. So, then the question is - Who actually is in charge?

Reactions: AM64 and BreatheUT
That's a horrible thing to do to those that risked so much.

It’s a complete disgrace to the men and women who fought and died there. Thousands of innocent civilians who helped the US will be slaughtered along with the Kurds who helped.

The real disgrace about almost every conflict/war/tragedy or whatever someone might call them from Viet Nam forward is that we didn't fight to win; we pulled our punches, and that is the disgrace to the people who fought and especially those who died there. The early phases in Iraq where the strategy was to knock out air defenses and communications was perhaps the only time since WW2 that the US used the military wisely. In Viet Nam we let them complete SAM sites and couldn't attack them until they fired against us ... stupid, stupid, stupid.

VN Store

Back