Tankers Attacked In Gulf: Price of Oil Up

First off, just look at a map. Iraq and Afghanistan sandwich the one true regional threat to Israel in the ME...Iran, the end goal. Destabilizing these two countries allows several benefits to Israel.

Israel is an oil poor country. Pipelines from Iraq, Iran, Syria could easily be constructed to flow right into Israeli refineries instead of them having to rely KSA and Egypt. Not to mention the financial benefits to US and Israeli companies.

Afghanistan is a strategically placed mineral rich country on Iran’s doorstep. Iran is the one country in the ME that threatens the nuclear monopoly and influence Israel has on the ME....which Israeli leaders fear most.

Weakening Iran’s neighbors...weakens Iran.

And here I've been laboring under the impression that Afghanistan was only rich in opium poppies and lunatics.

Our intelligence agencies frequently get things wrong. Korea, Vietnam, breakup of the Soviet Union, WMD ... Sometimes some people within agencies actually get it, but it's not the "correct" answer.

And from my perspective,. Trump withdrew from the agreement based on nothing but his own political motives.

Political motives can equal that you thought a previous administration got something all wrong.

Can or could mean, but he rode the "bad terrible deal" line through the campaign, and decided to follow through with action, with little explanation that I can ascertain.

I wasn’t talking to you in this particular case but it seems I’ve struck a nerve?

Also your demands on what video should have been released and when are just silly. Stop acting like the Iraqi disinformation minister and then claiming common sense. Nobody wants to go to war with Iran over this.
Dude, if I had evidence and wanted sway public opinion, I would release the clearest images or video I had, not some grainy azz, black and white video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pacer92
Dude, if I had evidence and wanted away public opinion, I would release the clearest images or video I had, not some grainy azz, black and white video.
So they did release the highest resolution image they had. The MQ-9 has a high definition video stream as well as a higher magnification sensor than the helo. The SH-60R is a standard definition video stream. You’re just not used to looking at infrared imagery. Color /= higher resolution. And at the end of the day both video formats came out within two days.

You denying the evidence like you always do in these instances doesn’t make them false. It just means you don’t believe it and you try hard to sell that opinion... like always.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64
Dude, if I had evidence and wanted away public opinion, I would release the clearest images or video I had, not some grainy azz, black and white video.

Awww, now Ras, you know "intelligence" type photos are supposed to look like that. See the good ones can only come out after they've been digitized, enhanced, etc, etc. Spy pictures whether from a satellite or drone or what ever aren't allowed to look like vacation pics ... at least on the first go around ... you gotta be patient and play it by their game.

Awww, now Ras, you know "intelligence" type photos are supposed to look like that. See the good ones can only come out after they've been digitized, enhanced, etc, etc. Spy pictures whether from a satellite or drone or what ever aren't allowed to look like vacation pics ... at least on the first go around ... you gotta be patient and play it by their game.
I really wish the equipment would work about half as good as Hollywood portrays it. Damn you physics! 🤬

I’d guess fuel/cargo leaked out and burned at the waterline?🤷‍♂️

The only thing that makes much sense to me is if the hole was initially below the waterline and with the ship in motion the "fuel" surfaced from the hole back before igniting. It would seem like ignition would be almost spontaneous (and burn almost like the picture shows) if the hole was initially above the waterline.

stg061819dAPR20190618034507.jpg

VN Store

Back