Tankers Attacked In Gulf: Price of Oil Up

Who are we trying to impress here? The Gulf states or the neocons here at home?

Russia had a plane shot down near the Syrian-Turkish border and didn't strike at Turkey. I guess Putin is Erdogan's bitch now?
If you’re referring to the 2015 shootdown of the Su-24 Turkey and the US both claim the aircraft penetrated Turkish airspace and was warned 10 times to change course. You forgot to list that information.

Well I got the grid coordinates

25:57:42N
56:50:22E

Far away from the Iranian coast.

View attachment 209650
That’s farther out than the graphic I saw today that had it up against Oman but still in international waters. Oh well must not have been to scale.

Also the MQ-4 flys a preprogrammed flight profile. It is not stick and rudder or direct pilot control like an MQ-1 or MQ-9. So in order to penetrate Iranian airspace they would have had to program it to do that. Not going to happen. And no it’s not a GPS failure, the flight controls are triple redundant.

Well I got the grid coordinates

25:57:42N
56:50:22E

Far away from the Iranian coast.

View attachment 209650

I typed those coordinates in Google Maps... Look at the bottom right hand corner to get an idea of how far 20 miles is and compare that to for far we are talking about.

Your idea of "Far away from the Iranian coast" is laughable.

Drone_Iran.PNG

Reactions: Pacer92
That’s farther out than the graphic I saw today that had it up against Oman but still in international waters. Oh well must not have been to scale.

Also the MQ-4 flys a preprogrammed flight profile. It is not stick and rudder or direct pilot control like an MQ-1 or MQ-9. So in order to penetrate Iranian airspace they would have had to program it to do that. Not going to happen. And no it’s not a GPS failure, the flight controls are triple redundant.
I saw that one too. That was from the P-8 following it.

Also in the video symbology you have the aircraft coordinates listed which are a tad different but close to carlos’s

25:57:27N
57:52:39E

It’s a difference of 2 minutes of latitude which is 2 nautical miles but still puts the MQ-4 in international airspace.

I typed those coordinates in Google Maps... Look at the bottom right hand corner to get an idea of how far 20 miles is and compare that to for far we are talking about.

Your idea of "Far away from the Iranian coast" is laughable.

View attachment 209651
It’s in the middle of the channel. You’re not going to win any debate with this diatribe.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
If you’re referring to the 2015 shootdown of the Su-24 Turkey and the US both claim the aircraft penetrated Turkish airspace and was warned 10 times to change course. You forgot to list that information.
The claims about the plane crossing into Turkish airspace are just as dubious as the information presented in this case.

Also in the video symbology you have the aircraft coordinates listed which are a tad different but close to carlos’s

25:57:27N
57:52:39E

It’s a difference of 2 minutes of latitude which is 2 nautical miles but still puts the MQ-4 in international airspace.

From what I saw there are 2 grids. One from where the drone was shot down and one from the P-8 that saw it get shot down.

From what I saw there are 2 grids. One from where the drone was shot down and one from the P-8 that saw it get shot down.
Ah ok gotcha. Also if that image was from the P-8 showing the detonation then that would be the P-8 coordinates.

I asked someone about the figure 8s in the flight path and I was told that Surveillance aircraft fly figure eights rather than race tracks to avoid turning towards borders, which could be interpreted as hostile.

International waters being 12 miles, there is no telling how much the drone crossed over between international waters, Iranian waters and Omani waters.
The international water boundaries are listed in Carlos’s picture. The MQ-4 was not in Iranian airspace.

VN Store

Back