*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

In full blown defense mode in light of Enos staying at Bama, Briles headed to FSU, & OSU using use (yet again) for a pay raise. Get ready for Will Friend. Ainge greasing the skids towards a pathetic hire.

They don't know any more than the rest of us.

I have legitimately wondered this myself. There has been hardly any “actual” reporting coming out of Knoxville other than mostly guessing. It seems like Pruitt is for sure taking his sweet time

Briles said no because he didn’t want Friend as his OL coach. Imagine that we didn’t allow him his own OL coach. Such a Vols thing to happen.

I don’t think so. The last good hire it seems is about to go to FSU. Lol. Wtf are the Vols doing

Does anyone know if Probst can be hired? Isn’t there a rule about hiring a coach for two years if you signed a player from his team? They signed JJ Peterson which could mean they can’t hire Probst. I could be wrong.
He could not be hired for an off field position. He could be hired as an on field coach. OC yes, QA no. That's my understanding.

I agree the search is looking that way but it could still be someone else. I’m not a go get a name kind of guy.

I do hope we hire a person who has been successful calling plays somewhere else. I don’t want to see someone promoting to the position per say.

I think we need 2-3 classes to be good if we stay with the ground and pound theory. Can’t run with our line no matter the coach.

It will all work out. Kind funny how we fired an coach who was wining about 75% of his game and now we can win consistently.

One certainly gets the impression that this hire, whoever it turns out to be, has been a lock for most of the time period the job has been open. That Pruitt finished the job many days ago, and is just waiting to announce when he deems the time is right (whether for some recruiting consideration, or because of the guy's current job, or whatever other reason).

All the speculation in the world wouldn't affect that, if true. Makes one curious. :)

Briles said no because he didn’t want Friend as his OL coach. Imagine that we didn’t allow him his own OL coach. Such a Vols thing to happen.

This has been reported by nobody. All anyone credible has heard is they didnt mesh. The ol thing was just outsider speculation.

I can’t think of a literal name that would be a good hire on paper now. Sure you can always hope you find the next great OC, but that approach hasn’t worked for us yet has it? Debord was solid but let’s be real, Josh Dobbs.

Reactions: CA_Vol
This has been reported by nobody. All anyone credible has heard is they didnt mesh. The ol thing was just outsider speculation.

But yet it’s the most UT thing ever so I’m sure it happend. Whiffin on hires since 08. A decade long tradition

Reactions: CA_Vol
I can’t think of a literal name that would be a good hire on paper now. Sure you can always hope you find the next great OC, but that approach hasn’t worked for us yet has it? Debord was solid but let’s be real, Josh Dobbs.

Josh Dobbs for OC

It is pretty obvious that we are now moving to the third tier or possibly second tier of OC candidates. This is starting to draw similar parallels to the coaching search last year.

I had hoped for a better outcome but this is our reality. This is where we are right now, we are considered a third tier program now. It's going to take the right guy at least 4 to 5 years to begin changing that narrative.

Actually if you're going to use that tenuous report then it was 2 coaches Briles wanted to bring. That is definitely something a HC who is not in danger of being fired in his first year has to think about. It's why fsu makes a lot of sense

VN Store

Back