Jillian Hollingshead Forward
Rickea Jackson Forward
Tamari Key Center

Top Reserves
Tess Darby Guard / Forward
Jasmine Powell Guard
Sara Puckett Guard / Forward
Karoline Striplin Forward
Out of the projected starters and top reserves, 5 of the 9 have been plucked from the portal, in other words, somebody else's recruits. The LV recruiting staff have to do better than that. Portal players are NOT recruiting, so when the portal players dwindle in the near future, where will the LVs rank in the national picture. Need to fix this now and not wait until it's too late. Hire someone who really knows how to recruit, because the coaches now are not getting the job done. I know this is coming from a UConn fan, but that scenario has served us well for the last 25 years.

Reactions: mcannon1
By far one of the worse basketball analysis I’ve read on VolNation.
If you think for one second any college coach, AD, etc. competing to win a nat’l title will lose any sleep over fanatics giving these sort of reviews about the transfer portal you are living in another universe.
Tell that to Florida State men’s football team.
LSU women’s basketball team.
Tennessee women’s basketball team.
The best coaches in any sport male or female right now is relying heavily on the transfer portal.
But back to Tennessee, they have HS recruits committing to future classes. Nobody can say year to year how a team’s roster will look regardless of who they recruit/sign out of HS any more. Nobody can say that the portal won’t be around or making a major impact two or three years from now.
Nobody can expect to be taken serious if they say a player that leaves via the portal is someone else recruit(s).
When a player signs via the portal, if they have one, two, three, or four years of eligibility remaining either way they are the recruit of the team they finish their career playing for.

Out of the projected starters and top reserves, 5 of the 9 have been plucked from the portal, in other words, somebody else's recruits. The LV recruiting staff have to do better than that. Portal players are NOT recruiting, so when the portal players dwindle in the near future, where will the LVs rank in the national picture. Need to fix this now and not wait until it's too late. Hire someone who really knows how to recruit, because the coaches now are not getting the job done. I know this is coming from a UConn fan, but that scenario has served us well for the last 25 years.

How many years has it been since UCONN won a title?

Reactions: Dak1219
Are you kidding, getting to 14 straight final fours before last year says they are pretty successful. I sure wasn't planning on saying anything because it isn't relevant, but since you brought it up, tell me the last time the LVs even made it to the elite 8. Your question has nothing to do with my post, just giving my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlhx and mcannon1
By far one of the worse basketball analysis I’ve read on VolNation.
If you think for one second any college coach, AD, etc. competing to win a nat’l title will lose any sleep over fanatics giving these sort of reviews about the transfer portal you are living in another universe.
Tell that to Florida State men’s football team.
LSU women’s basketball team.
Tennessee women’s basketball team.
The best coaches in any sport male or female right now is relying heavily on the transfer portal.
But back to Tennessee, they have HS recruits committing to future classes. Nobody can say year to year how a team’s roster will look regardless of who they recruit/sign out of HS any more. Nobody can say that the portal won’t be around or making a major impact two or three years from now.
Nobody can expect to be taken serious if they say a player that leaves via the portal is someone else recruit(s).
When a player signs via the portal, if they have one, two, three, or four years of eligibility remaining either way they are the recruit of the team they finish their career playing for.
Wow, I can't figure out if you know anything about other schools and players that aren't associated with the LVs. It seems to me that you come off as a cheerleader, not really being realistic about players that haven't even played a game for the LVs. For example, you claim that Wells is one of the best PGs in the country without even playing one game, let alone one season, of high level WBB. To me, the top PGs in the country are players such as Bueckers, Miles, PaoPao, Clark, Rivers, and Rice. I hope you are right for the LVs sake, but some of your comments are questionable at best. As far as the portal vs recruitment of HS players, I am right. By the way, I am the one who is not a fanatic.

Reactions: mcannon1
Fricking fantastic! What a great opportunity for each program.

Right it’s fantastic!
Team USA vs Lady Vols on Rocky Top Nov.5!
The momentum building around Rocky Top right now is contagious. It has the nega Vols even posting to deflect this energy! But us true Vol fans are keeping our focus on the start of a special season. Tennessee set the standard of excellence in WCB.
This isn’t up for debate!
Coach Pat Summitt is the first true great basketball coach of all-time in WCB.
This program is now on a resurgence to restore one of the greatest traditions of all-time in WCB.
Dominating the portal.. two USA AmeriCup silver medalist spearheading a preseason top 10 team.
Future 5-star HS prospects Nyla Brooks and projected 5-star Finley Chastain having some of the most impressive underclassmen AAU circuit performances that have been seen in recent years. Top 35 G Kaniya Boyd an elite 2024 commit is poised to lead her team to compete for another state championship before arriving on Rocky Top. GBO! Let’s 🍊GBO!

Last edited:

Yes, and the connies have put four portal occupants in 3 years,,,it;s the new thing in recruiting, you can read about it ;o)

Not enough

Are you kidding, getting to 14 straight final fours before last year says they are pretty successful. I sure wasn't planning on saying anything because it isn't relevant, but since you brought it up, tell me the last time the LVs even made it to the elite 8. Your question has nothing to do with my post, just giving my opinion.

yes, 14 bridesmaids, just like the other 63 teams in each tournament....Some just left the wedding sooner

Yes, and the connies have put four portal occupants in 3 years,,,it;s the new thing in recruiting, you can read about it ;o)

Not enough

yes, 14 bridesmaids, just like the other 63 teams in each tournament....Some just left the wedding sooner
Dayum Coach! 🤣

Would you be shocked if some of us doubted the sincerity of your concerns over our recruiting?
Perhaps I should go on the boneyard and express my worries that with Geno’s imminent, sooner than later, well within current recruit’s careers retirement UConn will be headed down the La Tech road! I could wring my hands over who, who would want to follow a legend like Geno?!? Yep, I bet the Connie’s would appreciate my thoughts and genuine concern!

Would you be shocked if some of us doubted the sincerity of your concerns over our recruiting?
Perhaps I should go on the boneyard and express my worries that with Geno’s imminent, sooner than later, well within current recruit’s careers retirement UConn will be headed down the La Tech road! I could wring my hands over who, who would want to follow a legend like Geno?!? Yep, I bet the Connie’s would appreciate my thoughts and genuine concern!
Nan Ban’d!

Strengths
+Rebounding
+Scoring potential
+Half-court defense
+Late shot-clock defense

Question Marks
-Bench production
-Transition defense

Starters
Destinee Wells Guard
Jewel Spear Guard
Jillian Hollingshead Forward
Rickea Jackson Forward
Tamari Key Center

Top Reserves
Tess Darby Guard / Forward
Jasmine Powell Guard
Sara Puckett Guard / Forward
Karoline Striplin Forward
I don’t see this being the starters

The fact that you typed all that but didn’t answer my question says it all.

Reactions: WinnerCircle

VN Store

Back