Tennessee Lady Vol News

I think Kellie is fully aware of her expectations. She won't even recruit a player unless the player has a desire to win a championship. I can also agree with you Coach Jumper regarding the timeouts and sometimes the starters thought it also sometimes takes time to see who the gamers are. Sometimes people who don't practice as well become a gamer.

As for it only being three people on here who want her gone, those three sure are loud to make it seem like there are more.

There are four true negavols on this site and only one is a fan. The other three are here only to cause dissention. They are fans of other teams/orgs. Of course they stand out bc they are different.

It is natural to see the oddity.
When people see the image below, they will zero in on the "J" that's different, not the nine that are the same.
What do you see.jpg

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
There are four true negavols on this site and only one is a fan. The other three are here only to cause dissention. They are fans of other teams/orgs. Of course they stand out bc they are different.

It is natural to see the oddity.
When people see the image below, they will zero in on the "J" that's different, not the nine that are the same.
View attachment 584715

A bunch of psychobabble, dude. First, the word is "dissension." You should learn how to spell it if you're going to use it.
Second, I doubt you know anything about those
on the board who bring up the mediocrity that's defined the program for many years now. So when you say they are
fans of other teams, you don't really know what you're talking about, yea? Third and finally, if you accept mediocrity then you
continue to get mediocrity. That's the only thing that really separates the realists from the polyannas who keep pretending
that everything is a-ok with the program, year after year after year, when it clearly isn't. Those were the same people who thought
we should carry on with Warlick year after year after year. Ultimately, it's about standards--some people
have higher standards than others--and whether the coach of a pedigreed program has accomplished anything of note after five years.
That's the question--and you feel free to answer it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Standards?!
Apparently many of you choose to forget or aren't old enough to remember that there were many times that Pat's teams didn't advance past the Sweet 16 or how long it took to win her first NCAA championship and the gap between the 3 Meeks teams and Candace Parker's teams that won championships.

Mediocrity?!
That hasn't described any of Kellie's teams to date. Last year's team beat the national champion in the SEC tournament.

I think that if the internet had existed back then many of you would be calling for her firing! SMH!

A bunch of psychobabble, dude. First, the word is "dissension." You should learn how to spell it if you're going to use it.
on the board who bring up the mediocrity that's defined the program for many years now. So when you say they are
fans of other teams, you don't really know what you're talking about, yea? Third and finally, if you accept mediocrity then you
continue to get mediocrity. That's the only thing that really separates the realists from the polyannas who keep pretending
that everything is a-ok with the program, year after year after year, when it clearly isn't. Those were the same people who thought
we should carry on with Warlick year after year after year. Ultimately, it's about standards--some people
have higher standards than others--and whether the coach of a pedigreed program as accomplished anything of note after five years.

Standards?!
Apparently many of you choose to forget or aren't old enough to remember that there were many times that Pat's teams didn't advance past the Sweet 16 or how long it took to win her first NCAA championship and the gap between the 3 Meeks teams and Candace Parker's teams that won championships.

Mediocrity?!
That hasn't described any of Kellie's teams to date. Last year's team beat the national champion in the SEC tournament.

I think that if the internet had existed back then many of you would be calling for her firing! SMH!
SMH …SMDH. Fyp… 😎

Edit: …fer good measure:

962FAB8E-034C-41DE-AC88-0FC536AFA3E8.jpeg

have higher standards than others--and whether the coach of a pedigreed program as accomplished anything of note after five years.
Mediocre is not what I'd say about the team over the past four years. Looking statistically at all teams over the past four years, we are the second best team in the sec. To say we are mediocre is an insult to the players and the coaches. Under the previous coach, we were not statistically the 2nd best team. Do we want to get the elite 8 or better, yes but as earlvolfan said, a lot transpires in the tourney.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005_173207_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_173207_Gmail.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 19

Spoken like you might think you are one of the four,,,feeling guilty?
So I spelled a word wrong that I am unfamiliar with,,glad you are familiar with it enough to correct my spelling.
You might want to look up dissenter as well
Have a rotten day ;o)

the gap between the 3 Meeks teams and Candace Parker's teams that won championships.
Evidently you have inadvertently hit on the secret sauce. It seems as if Natty's are won by teams with a 'generational' player. How many championships has Dawn won 2 with A'ja and Aaliyah. Muffet last won with Skylar Diggs, Geno hasn't won since Stewie graduated. I don't think Haley Jones or Angel Reese are generational players but they played like it for 6 games. Good teams typically don't win championships, great players do. (BTW I don't think generational players transfer.)

It wasn't inadvertent. 😉 I would say dynasties require a 'generational' player, but the last championship team you could call a dynasty was UConn with Breanna Stewart in 2016.

However, with evening and broadening of the playing field in Women's College Basketball that seems to be no longer true. It appears there are no more 'dynasties' in WCBB. Heck, USCe had a 'generational' player in A'ja Wilson, but only managed to win one championship during her tenure.

Evidently you have inadvertently hit on the secret sauce. It seems as if Natty's are won by teams with a 'generational' player. How many championships has Dawn won 2 with A'ja and Aaliyah. Muffet last won with Skylar Diggs, Geno hasn't won since Stewie graduated. I don't think Haley Jones or Angel Reese are generational players but they played like it for 6 games. Good teams typically don't win championships, great players do. (BTW I don't think generational players transfer.)

Muffet didn't win with Skylar Diggins, she won with Arike (and Marina Mabrey, Jackie Young, etc.).

Do you guys think we’ll get a broadcast for the USA game? Or will it be just radio. Definitely want to see how Rickea does against the pros.
Looks like we’re going to get to see the first preseason game against Carson Newman on October 30, on SECN+.

Sure hope we get to see the USA game.

It’s almost here! 🙂

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back