Tennessee Lady Vol News

Like last year, with so many kids from the portal it's hard to really predict how this season will go. Having said that, I believe that there is enough talent on this roster to make it to the elite 8, and possibly to the final 4. The key to this season, and I really mean the key, is for Kellie to get the players to check their egos at the door and get them to play as a team. Sometimes a role player is more important than one of the stars if they all don't buy in to Kellies system, so if they all come in with the right mindset, the LVs could have their best season in years.

Like last year, with so many kids from the portal it's hard to really predict how this season will go. Having said that, I believe that there is enough talent on this roster to make it to the elite 8, and possibly to the final 4. The key to this season, and I really mean the key, is for Kellie to get the players to check their egos at the door and get them to play as a team. Sometimes a role player is more important than one of the stars if they all don't buy in to Kellies system, so if they all come in with the right mindset, the LVs could have their best season in years.
Don’t know what you’re seeing about egos. We have one who should have an ego, and I hope she does, and that’s Rickea, and she shares the ball well. In fact, I hope she always takes her open shot rather than pass it off. We have new people, but I do not foresee a ball hog, someone who will take and miss a lot of shots, or someone who has a lot of turnovers. It’s early so we’ll have to see, but I see a Team with a Star we’ll need, and several players who will step up in big games.

GO BIG 🍊!!!

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Don’t know what you’re seeing about egos. We have one who should have an ego, and I hope she does, and that’s Rickea, and she shares the ball well. In fact, I hope she always takes her open shot rather than pass it off. We have new people, but I do not foresee a ball hog, someone who will take and miss a lot of shots, or someone who has a lot of turnovers. It’s early so we’ll have to see, but I see a Team with a Star we’ll need, and several players who will step up in big games.

GO BIG 🍊!!!

GO LADY VOLS!!!
All I'm saying is that these players haven't played together yet (the new ones), so you or I cannot tell if any of them do have a deep-rooted ego. They are coming from programs where they have been "the go-to person ", so if they want to succeed they all have to buy in to Kellies system. I'm not making accusations, just a statement.

On every team, every year there are players that haven’t played together.
This is the usual Connie fan aka Nega Vol coalition post where they say a whole lot of nothing just to discredit the portal dominance in recruiting not just outstanding and highly rated portal transfers but high character players and people.
#9 ranked WCB team according to ESPNW.

On every team, every year there are players that haven’t played together.
This is the usual Connie fan aka Nega Vol coalition post where they say a whole lot of nothing just to discredit the portal dominance in recruiting not just outstanding and highly rated portal transfers but high character players and people.
#9 ranked WCB team according to ESPNW.
You witnessed the chemistry struggle last year. How can you not honestly reserve partial judgement and wait for the pudding to set?
Center up! 🤨

Reactions: Lucy

You witnessed the chemistry struggle last year. How can you not honestly reserve partial judgement and wait for the pudding to set?
Center up! 🤨

What does lack of on-court chemistry and playing a tough schedule have to do with “ ego” and the “portal”?
I would bet that the key injuries had more to do with the chemistry struggles… you know the multiple injuries to Jordan Horston, Jillian Hollingshead, Jasmine Franklin, and Tamari Key?
You folks just make it way to easy for non Vol fans to push their narrative and find anything to place emphasis on to talk about supposedly TN program issues and at the same time completely ignore the positives or ACT as if they don’t EXIST!!

What does lack of on-court chemistry and playing a tough schedule have to do with “ ego” and the “portal”?
I would bet that the key injuries had more to do with the chemistry struggles… you know the multiple injuries to Jordan Horston, Jillian Hollingshead, Jasmine Franklin, and Tamari Key?
You folks just make it way to easy for non Vol fans to push their narrative and find anything to place emphasis on to talk about supposedly TN program issues and at the same time completely ignore the positives or ACT as if they don’t EXIST!!
…back to bidness already? It’s has every thing to do with multiple variables. Absolutely there are positives regarding the state and direction of the program. You come up in here to argue without consideration of anyone else’s opinion. I currently have zero commenters blocked, but you’ve convinced me. Ciao and arrivederci.

…back to bidness already? It’s has every thing to do with multiple variables. Absolutely there are positives regarding the state and direction of the program. You come up in here to argue without consideration of anyone else’s opinion. I currently have zero commenters blocked, but you’ve convinced me. Ciao and arrivederci.

Adios!!

Wow, how old are you? One of these days you may figure out that there are other people in this world that may have opinions different than yours. An outlook diferent than yours isn't necessarily wrong, and not necessarily right. I think I was right when I mentioned before that you are just a cheerleader, and not really a person that can see beyond your own opinions. Putting down fans of other schools just for that reason means you have blinders on and cannot accept any voice except yours. Open up your mind man and acknowledge that going through life not everyone will agree with you. Sometimes you are right, and sometimes you are wrong. Grow up.

Wow, how old are you? One of these days you may figure out that there are other people in this world that may have opinions different than yours. An outlook diferent than yours isn't necessarily wrong, and not necessarily right. I think I was right when I mentioned before that you are just a cheerleader, and not really a person that can see beyond your own opinions. Putting down fans of other schools just for that reason means you have blinders on and cannot accept any voice except yours. Open up your mind man and acknowledge that going through life not everyone will agree with you. Sometimes you are right, and sometimes you are wrong. Grow up.

Those feelings are mutual.
I see beyond bogus claims pretty clearly.
I see beyond constant speculation and trying to discredit others success.
It doesn’t matter to me if a person disagree with me, it’s their right. You and I have the same right to that.
You seem to forget that others clearly agree with my opinion.
So my last point is, quoting me nor attempting to berate my ideas will influence what I post in support of the Lady Vols.

Those feelings are mutual.
I see beyond bogus claims pretty clearly.
I see beyond constant speculation and trying to discredit others success.
It doesn’t matter to me if a person disagree with me, it’s their right. You and I have the same right to that.
You seem to forget that others clearly agree with my opinion.
So my last point is, quoting me nor attempting to berate my ideas will influence what I post in support of the Lady Vols.
Look, I am not trying to discredit you, not at all. You just come off as someone who doesn't like opinions that are not lined up with yours. You are a very loyal and compassionate LV fan, and I am the same regarding UConn, but I am total a WBB fan who tries to observe many teams. A few posts ago I said that the key to success is to play as a team and disregard personal goals. What is wrong with that, and as I said the games haven't started yet. UConn has 3 potential All Americans on the team now, but if they don't play together, they will miss their goal of a FF. Now, that's my opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion. So let's just leave it at that.

Reactions: glv98
Look, I am not trying to discredit you, not at all. You just come off as someone who doesn't like opinions that are not lined up with yours. You are a very loyal and compassionate LV fan, and I am the same regarding UConn, but I am total a WBB fan who tries to observe many teams. A few posts ago I said that the key to success is to play as a team and disregard personal goals. What is wrong with that, and as I said the games haven't started yet. UConn has 3 potential All Americans on the team now, but if they don't play together, they will miss their goal of a FF. Now, that's my opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion. So let's just leave it at that.
I don’t disagree with you that we’d all be better off if we just acknowledged opinions for what they are. I would, however, remind you that as a UConn fan you are a guest here. I doubt Lady Vol fans would be treated on the boneyard as respectfully as you are treated here.

I don’t disagree with you that we’d all be better off if we just acknowledged opinions for what they are. I would, however, remind you that as a UConn fan you are a guest here. I doubt Lady Vol fans would be treated on the boneyard as respectfully as you are treated here.
I appreciate that and have always respected the LV program. All I do sometimes is just to give an outsiders view. About the Boneyard though, I believe they have been respectful, but with all forums, there are some As_____es out there. (talking about all forums, none in particular, etc: gold domers) lol

Last edited:
Three Point shooting for coming season looks to be a strength if every player just shoots the percentage that they have shot for their career to this point. Hoping Puckett can do better than her 31 percent, but even if she stays there and the others shoot their career percentage we will still see a rate of .368 from the five players which are going to be our best three point shooters.

Tess 126 of 320 is a .394 three point career shooter and shot .409 last season.
Jewell 241 of 656 for .367 percent has the most attempts so her .367 is certainly valid
Puckett 49 of 158 for .310 looks to be vastly improved from the three point line
Destinee 144 of 377 for .382 really boosts a position where we haven't had many threes.
Ace 39 of 115 as a freshman for .339 and freshmen usually improve as sophomores.

Last season we took 630 threes and shot .314 percent and average 5.2 makes per game.
I see no reason that the attempts will not go up to at least 700 and if all the players just shot their percentage were looking at 258 threes which would be 9.2 a game which would be a plus four made threes per game. .368 three point percentage is equivalent to 55.5 percent from the two in point production. Hopefully all five of these players can be the same shooters they have been cause if that happens were looking at an offensive powerhouse from the perimeter.

I never get in on CKH discussions, it’s not my place or wheelhouse. From my perspective she is building something at UT, but my perspective is not likely aligned with die hard UT fans, anyway, from my perch I see a lot to like. I get the impatience from fans wanting the LV’s to be title contenders now like they were forever at one point, not sure how I would feel if I were a Lady Vol fan tbh here, but she is making progress I think so I’d say legit play out. This could be a special season btw, as you all know. Rikea is the best player in the conference….She can get her turnaround fade away jumper off against anyone, and she is money on that shot.

Last edited:
No one thinks she is getting fired. But he didn’t say that. What did he say that was “idiotic”?
A) That she should be fired if this season is not a success
B) She has not had as much success as she should have with the portal additions
C) Not a good High School recruiter
This is basically ridiculous click bait. No discussion of the loss of TK, Jordy’s injuries, the process it took to get RJ ready to be a leader and reach her potential. The writer knew it would be unpopular and labeled it as such. Just stirring the pot.

I never get in on CKH discussions, it’s not my place or wheelhouse. From my perspective she is building something at UT, but my perspective is not likely aligned with die hard UT fans, anyway, from my perch I see a lot to like. I get the impatience from fans wanting the LV’s to be title contenders now like they were forever at one point, not sure how I would feel if I were a Lady Vol fan tbh here, but she is making progress I think so I’d say legit play out. This could be a special season btw, as you all know. Rikea is the best player in the conference….
I agree it’s about building and consistency. How many teams makes the sweet 16 again? And how many are in the top 10? Hmmm this new era has proven how hard it is to consistently stay there. She could have easily had a walz or moore year… don’t get started on Kelly graves Lmao.

Also, HS recruiting is still somewhat important but not necessary anymore.

Titles or not I want consistency top notch teams and then those really special ones will win trophies.

VN Store

Back