Tennessee Lady Vol News

Rikea listed as 7th best player in WBB and Cardoso as the 12th, look at some of the players ranked ahead of them.

Standard tow the line article by them. Basically the preseason all Americans then Rickea…

COTIE OVER CARDOSO 😭 bffr

Reactions: LadyVol1908

What a difference a day makes. I've sure never seen Rickea projected ahead of Paige. Not sure even how legit this site is, but their projection for RJ is certainly closer than the whack job who had her 17th. Also, they left AR off the list for lack of translatable skills so that gives them some cred lol.

3 or the top 4 picked SEC teams lost games this week. Tennessee's loss by 1 point to the 18th-ranked FSU team in a high-scoring game doesn't look nearly as bad as LSU's 14-point loss to 20th-ranked Colorado or Ole Miss at home, losing to unranked Oklahoma by 10. Rather see the bumps and bruises happen now knowing that we are a very good offensive team that can score the ball rather than down the road. The defense will improve. Sure would be nice to get Tamaria back if only at 70-80% to defend the rim. Changes the whole defense and what the guards are able to do without worrying about being beaten off the dribble.

All i gotta say is Rickea is one of the best players to walk through the doors of Tennessee. She is a blessing to have. That girl can play some ball.

To even be mentioned in this list of legends is impressive:
MORE ON RICKEA'S DOUBLE-DOUBLE VS. FSU• Rickea Jackson became the seventh Lady Vol in historyto record a 30-15 double-double with the 13th in Tennessee annals.• Jackson follows Patricia Roberts (5 times), Cindy Brogdon, Mary Ostrowski, Shelia Collins (twice), ChamiqueHoldsclaw (twice) and Candace Parker.• She joins Shelia Collins and Chamique Holdsclaw as theonly UT players to accomplish this feat on an opponent's court.• Jackson's rebounding total of 17 ranks as the seventh-most in a 30-15 double-double by a Lady Vol.

First Net ranking of 2024 were 15th.

SEC third in conferences.

Hopefully tonight point guards get back on the right track. I said before the season began we should see a huge scoring and scoring percentage increase at the point guard position.

Last season Walker and Powell were 125 of 347 for .368 from the field. 35 of 134 from the three for .261 and 99 of 147 from the free throw line for .673
First two games for our point guards this season 6 of 20 from the field .300 8 of 12 from the line ..667 and 0 for 7 from the three .000 Powell is 4 of 13 and Wells is 2 of 7. Averaging 10 shots per game and making three.

Plenty of time to turn it around, but first two games have been worse than the performance we got from the position last year.

Hopefully tonight point guards get back on the right track. I said before the season began we should see a huge scoring and scoring percentage increase at the point guard position.

Last season Walker and Powell were 125 of 347 for .368 from the field. 35 of 134 from the three for .261 and 99 of 147 from the free throw line for .673
First two games for our point guards this season 6 of 20 from the field .300 8 of 12 from the line ..667 and 0 for 7 from the three .000 Powell is 4 of 13 and Wells is 2 of 7. Averaging 10 shots per game and making three.

Plenty of time to turn it around, but first two games have been worse than the performance we got from the position last year.
In the first 2 games this year, against FAMU and FL ST, Powell shot 30.8 %, went 0 for 3 on 3 pointers, got 3 rebounds, 5 assists, and had 7 turnovers.

Wells shot 28.6%, 0 for 4 3 pointers, 2 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 turnovers.

I’m hoping Wells wakes up soon, she’s the one with upside, I hope.

If neither can shoot, they should at least be dishing assists, and Cut Down On Turnovers. Protect the Ball!

Last edited:
In the first 2 games this year, against FAMU and FL ST, Powell shot 30.8 %, went 0 for 3 on 3 pointers, got 3 rebounds, 5 assists, and had 7 turnovers.

If neither can shoot, they should at least be dishing assists, and Cut Down On Turnovers. Protect the Ball!
Been worse than Walker in first two games, can't stay there have to wake up. We'll need much better point guard play to be a consistent winner against the best teams. I think Wells is a little confused about her role. Some of her five turnovers were player inability to catch a well placed pass. I still think she is the better of the two when players get used to how she plays. Jill missed two great passes from her in the Fla St game.

First Net ranking of 2024 were 15th.

SEC third in conferences.

Notes for first NET ranking – early December.
 The NET rankings will be provided daily starting in early December, continuing throughout the 2023-24 season. Rankings will be posted here: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-net- rankings
 The NET is most optimal with a full season worth of data, not in early December.

stats don't show defensive impact

VN Store

Back