Tennessee Lady Vol News

LOL we're on the Flying Dutchman of Underwhelmedness. My memory's not great but I don't remember a consecutive stretch of games where it seemed so crucial. Feels like such a great opportunity, but so scary too. Sure would have been nice to roll into it all healthy, settled in as a unit, but nope, not to be.
…yer just trying to piss off @WinnerCircle …arent cha?

The 8-time Nat’l Champion Lady Vols are set to compete in the Fort Myers Thanksgiving tourney. Every time the LVs step on the court they get the opponents best. The LVs are the standard.
Lets GBO🍊.
For those interested in seeing it the team’s departure an hour ago was posted to the Lady Vols Instagram story!
No drama at all.
This is a business trip!

Last edited:

Welp, they're off. The Tour of Destiny is underway. No pictures yet, which is unusual, but it's very dark and rainy in Ktown today so that might explain it. First rain, btw, literally in months

It's still super early in the season, but I'm feeling like for this team to take a step forward from recent seasons they need to win all of these games.

Yep, I said it. ALL of them.

Can they do it? If they play near-flawless basketball, I think they can. Will they do it? It has been many years since we've seen a Lady Vol team come through a stretch like this unscathed and not saying, "We'll learn from this and get better," so I won't be betting the farm on them pulling that off.

Am I going to be one of the loudest cheerers at TBA when we take on Notre Dame and Ohio State? You better believe it!

It would make my year if we ran through this gauntlet undefeated. 🧡

With all this momentum in the Lady Vols favor you would think that would be the topic of discussion…. 6 double figure scorers. During the LSU game last night they showed a visual of the top programs that have been ranked in the AP Poll All-Time! The LVs were number #1 at 776 weeks in the rankings!

Tennessee is the standard.. wake these folks up they been sleep. We ain’t talking no social media following.. we talking facts🍊!

Can anyone see if Rickea is still wearing a boot? The editing of the video makes it hard to see...

Dang no. Can't tell. Everyone's feet but hers are visable.

Not sure what it would mean if it was still on. Maybe wear it right up to when she steps on the court and drops 35 on Indiana?

Btw, we got called deeply character flawed individuals the other day for speculating about the right lower leg upon which our season rides. Thought you should know.

LOL we're on the Flying Dutchman of Underwhelmedness. My memory's not great but I don't remember a consecutive stretch of games where it seemed so crucial. Feels like we're running out of chances. It's such a great opportunity, but also scary. Sure would have been nice to roll into it all healthy, settled in as a unit, but nope, not to be.
If it were March, we'd be running out of chances. It's November. Lots of basketball to be played. Right now we're not healthy...Rickea may not play, Jasmine may not play, TK will play very little, and Avery will not play all weekend.

Dang no. Can't tell. Everyone's feet but hers are visable.

Not sure what it would mean if it was still on. Maybe wear it right up to when she steps on the court and drops 35 on Indiana?

Btw, we got called deeply character flawed individuals the other day for speculating about the right lower leg upon which our season rides. Thought you should know.
Rickea arrived still wearing the boot.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If it were March, we'd be running out of chances. It's November. Lots of basketball to be played. Right now we're not healthy...Rickea may not play, Jasmine may not play, TK will play very little, and Avery will not play all weekend.
Definitely early. But we're trying to overcome a reputation (well earned) of being "consistently underwhelming" and of being unable to beat ranked teams. Rare to have such an opportunity to change the narrative. Failure to do so would be a real setback IMO. Must win at least 2 of the 4.

If Rickea's still out we'll have a legit excuse, but at best will continue to tread water. Of course we could change it up in March, but I'd love to not wait that dang long.

Rickea arrived still wearing the boot.
We go into the game with Indiana a definite underdog if Rickea is not playing. This will be the second year in a row they have benefited from injuries when they played us. Horston couldn't play last year and it is looking like Rickea will be out this time.

With RJ in a boot, I don't expect her back until 12/3 at the earliest and I have my heart prepared for it being 12/10. This is my expectation, please feel no need to concur.

The interesting thing to me about Rickea is how sudden it seemed. I’m paraphrasing but Coach Kellie mentioned after the Memphis game that Rickea had been in practice and it wasn’t until close to the game that the decision was made. That’s been well over a week ago… I’m no expert but I assume her still being in a boot is not a good sign for her play at this tournament.

The interesting thing to me about Rickea is how sudden it seemed. I’m paraphrasing but Coach Kellie mentioned after the Memphis game that Rickea had been in practice and it wasn’t until close to the game that the decision was made. That’s been well over a week ago… I’m no expert but I assume her still being in a boot is not a good sign for her play at this tournament.
Wasn't sudden. Was in precautions in an open practice before the season started. Full play and drills, but no extra running and some treatment. Then in the first few games she got immediate treatment everytime she came out of the game. But she played 37 mins, and played spectacularly at Fla St.

After she missed Memp, Harper said RJ had been "in and out" of practice that week, but it was only decided after shootaround she couldn't go. Looks like it was something she was playing thru until she couldn't.

Don't know exactly what to make of it. On one hand, continued boot could be for stability and treatment and then she could just play thru. On the other, if it got worse after the 37 mins of intense play at FLA St and hasn't gotten well enough to play in 2 weeks, well, just end me now.

VN Store

Back