Tennessee Lady Vol News

Nah, Princeton is really good in spite of their recruiting deficiencies Ivy League and all, Berube can coach, she can coach her azz off tbh, get on board
Thought you were going to stay in the non Lady Vol thread, but here you are, a SC fan, telling us to get a new Coach, in a Tennessee Lady Vol News thread.

I will never “get on board” with a SC fan.

Don’t you have a SC blog to go to?

Last edited:
Thought you were going to stay in the non Lady Vol thread, but here you are, a SC fan, telling us to get a new Coach, in a Tennessee Lady Vol News thread.

I believe there is more than one LV fan looking to get rid of Kellie, so he is just giving his opinion on a subject that has gone on for a long time, started by LV fans. Now, one other thing. Past and current biases should not interfere when evaluating potential coaches. That narrows the field down, and by having those biases you may miss out on a coach that really has the ability to move the program forward.

Aw Rooster is a good regular poster, and we don't have enough of them. I was unfairly on his tail feathers even in the Non thread the other day so I gotta take up for him. He, like everyone, can post anywhere, long as he's not singing that damn Dawn Doxology too much lol.

I believe there is more than one LV fan looking to get rid of Kellie, so he is just giving his opinion on a subject that has gone on for a long time, started by LV fans. Now, one other thing. Past and current biases should not interfere when evaluating potential coaches. That narrows the field down, and by having those biases you may miss out on a coach that really has the ability to move the program forward.
So, a UConn fan here giving advice, great.

I have been vigil for "negavols" and Rooster is anything but!
He is a TN and SC fan and that is not so unusual.
Same for @StorrsCentral ,,,a true uconn fan, but not a negavol,,,more of a realist.

You have "fl" in your name,,should we call you a florida fan?

Reactions: VOLSanon
Kellie is a VFL and it is just unfortunate she has not been able to move the program forward. Were leaving it up to the man in charge we have complete trust in him and the decisions he will make. I can live with her staying after this season or leaving what ever he decides.

Dont fool yourselves, amongst the SEC teams, UT could pay/get one of the best WBB coaches available each year if they chose to do so. I think your new AD will be willing to do so if he sees the need to make a move, the right person as HC at UT would wake the bear. Too much built into the system already historically to fail with the right HC in place, and the right coach won't take 5 years to get the ship off the ground at a place like UT. Not advocating for a change here, just surmising that if UT hired a true alpha coach that team would take off quick. If UT ever makes a change, they should go all out and go big, immediate turn around imo at a place like UT. It's been long enough now after PS that a new coach doesn't need to carry that burden, but the right coach could reignite it quickly given your history and support. Berube at Princeton looks interesting btw, but UT could go way bigger if they were set on it, the timing is right now, it’s been enough time since PS that the new coach doesn’t need to inherit that pressure now and can just build it their way. The sleeping giant could be rewoken with the right leadership quickly.
Just stirring the pot.

Not sure about Tennessee but some schools give half (or less) scholarships to some men in some sports like baseball. Number of participants is not the same as number of scholarships.
Women basketball has more scholarships available than men.
I think some of those scholarship totals on women's basketball has to be men practice players and still hard to understand 34. Only allowed 15 players so where the other 19 is going is totally unknown.

Yes, yes I can. No one at Tennessee is on a fake scholarship. What ever that is. The NCAA will allow up to 34 individuals to be part of the University of Tennessee Women's basketball team. You don't have to have 34 positions but would not be in violation of NCAA policy if you did.

15 full scholarships,
5 walk-ons as a minimum (men get 5)
? Male practice players

Coaches that sold positions on their teams committeed fraud were fired and prosecuted. The "advisor" that orchestrated these ridiculous scams committed fraud and was prosecuted. Parents IBID.
I think we are in agreement that coaches that sold positions on their teams were selling fake scholarships.
Now back to the 34 -- I count 13 players at Tennessee Lady Volunteers 2023 Team Roster - Yahoo Sports
Are there actually 21 women on the practice squad?

Dont fool yourselves, amongst the SEC teams, UT could pay/get one of the best WBB coaches available each year if they chose to do so. I think your new AD will be willing to do so if he sees the need to make a move, the right person as HC at UT would wake the bear. Too much built into the system already historically to fail with the right HC in place, and the right coach won't take 5 years to get the ship off the ground at a place like UT. Not advocating for a change here, just surmising that if UT hired a true alpha coach that team would take off quick. If UT ever makes a change, they should go all out and go big, immediate turn around imo at a place like UT. It's been long enough now after PS that a new coach doesn't need to carry that burden, but the right coach could reignite it quickly given your history and support. Berube at Princeton looks interesting btw, but UT could go way bigger if they were set on it, the timing is right now, it’s been enough time since PS that the new coach doesn’t need to inherit that pressure now and can just build it their way. The sleeping giant could be rewoken with the right leadership quickly.
@Rooster1 high praise indeed! I feel like we should hang a banner claiming we're #1. Thoughts?🤣

Last edited:
@Rooster1 high praise indeed! I feel like we should hang a banner claiming we're #1. Thoughts?🤣
No worries, just a fan of the game, peace all. If anyone wants to make fun of a banner good for them. The banner said it correctly but I digress. Wish all the best, we only live so long, so I want the best for everyone. I really do. For those others saying otherwise, think I have watched every televised game of the LV’s the past 11-12 years, when they are not playing SC I always pull hard for them, always will. Just not against SC as you Know…

Last edited:
No worries, just a fan of the game, peace all. If anyone wants to make fun of a banner good for them. The banner said it correctly but I digress. Wish all the best, we only live so long, so I want the best for everyone. I really do. For those others saying otherwise, think I have watched every televised game of the LV’s the past 11-12 years, when they are not playing SC I always pull hard for them, always will. Just not against SC as you Know…
I ve got similar feelings about the 2020 BaseVol season. Had Garrett Crochet.

You're ok in my book Roo
Can't say I pull for SC tho
luv ya anyway
peace out

VN Store

Back