Tennessee Lady Vol News

Brian's radio show just started, he said they are "hoping to talk to RIckea Jackson later in the show" in relation to the LV Booster Club. Then they quickly went to football, their manna for life. Here's a link to their page w the podcast.
edited to add: Brian just got in the one or two lines he's allowed concerning LV basketball and said RJ missed the 4th qtr "but everything seems to be OK on that front" and plugged her upcoming interview again.

Brian's radio show just started, he said they are "hoping to talk to RIckea Jackson later in the show" in relation to the LV Booster Club. Then they quickly went to football, their manna for life. Here's a link to their page w the podcast.
edited to add: Brian just got in the one or two lines he's allowed concerning LV basketball and said RJ missed the 4th qtr "but everything seems to be OK on that front" and plugged her upcoming interview again.

Wow, well spoken young lady! Actually, well spoken young Lady Vol!
If you missed her, click glv98's link

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
No news is good news. RJ health was not mentioned, nor was anything much regarding the season. Brian did say earlier when promoing the interview that there had been an issue yesterday but she was fine now. Please Let it Be.

Still a really nice interview, lots of Booster Club boosting and good deal of reflection on her time in Knoxville.

Didn't realize it was live, even more encouraging. Looks ok to me.

Last edited:
Nah, Princeton is really good in spite of their recruiting deficiencies Ivy League and all, Berube can coach, she can coach her azz off tbh, get on board
Well, have your AD create a pipeline so you can pick her up when your coach goes to the WNBA at the end of this season. I am HEARING 3 different teams are working that angle right now.

OOOHHHH.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well, have your AD create a pipeline so you can pick her up when your coach goes to the WNBA at the end of this season. I am HEARING 3 different teams are working that angle right now.

OOOHHHH.
Gunter, Berube took an Ivy League team into UCLA this year and lost by 3. Not many P5 teams are capable of that this year, let alone an Ivy team full of 2-3 star players. She can coach.

Gunter, Berube took an Ivy League team into UCLA this year and lost by 3. Not many P5 teams are capable of that this year, let alone an Ivy team full of 2-3 star players. She can coach.
Like I said GO FOR IT.... We are so fortunate to have a great AD that fully understands what UT needs and so far has shown he has his ear to all the right places..... Getting 2nd hand advice through our boards is not a necessary path...

speaking of ucla they are playing Utah tonight and I would take either coach Close or Robert’s. Great game
Agree, looks like UCLA is going to escape with a close victory, Pelli was a no factor and Utah was down two starters, weird. UCLA has that it factor late in games, sign of a great team Imo. They are never out of it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was there and spoke to Rickea. She looked good and I think she's fine. She said that the last week was rough with all of the travel problems and no day off. She's really looking forward to the bye week and seeing everyone at the Boost-her Club event on Friday night.

Buy a ticket and come see for yourself! * Lady Vol Boost Her Club "Members" Ticket-New Year Celebration- Janua

No news is good news. RJ health was not mentioned, nor was anything much regarding the season. Brian did say earlier when promoing the interview that there had been an issue yesterday but she was fine now. Please Let it Be.

Still a really nice interview, lots of Booster Club boosting and good deal of reflection on her time in Knoxville.

Didn't realize it was live, even more encouraging. Looks ok to me.

Last edited:
They were this time. Utes in OT

Just watched this game and they look like there playing at 100 miles an hour verses our team would be playing at about 50 miles an hour ! And the point guard for Utah (Verida ) at 5’6” and playes like a roadrunner..: I mean just amazing…. I love this kids game… maybe she will get in the portal ? 🙏

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Like I said GO FOR IT.... We are so fortunate to have a great AD that fully understands what UT needs and so far has shown he has his ear to all the right places..... Getting 2nd hand advice through our boards is not a necessary path...
Hope DW does understand because at the end of the season maybe a discussion to make there a chance we lose several games coming up it’s going to be tuff

Interesting how players like Tamari Key, Jewel Spear, and Rickea Jackson among others are so active and involved with the NIL at Tennessee as established players yet for some reason there’s this perception that NIL is keeping the Lady Vols from signing HS recruits.
If it’s good enough for an All-American why is it a problem for a player out of HS.
Why should HS recruits receive more than a player of Rickea status to come to TN?
That’s the stuff Nick Saban was talking about with managing this NIL system.
It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
All-time great season35.0+
Runaway MVP candidate30.0–35.0
Strong MVP candidate27.5–30.0
Weak MVP candidate25.0–27.5
Definite All-Star22.5–25.0
Borderline All-Star20.0–22.5
Second offensive option18.0–20.0
Third offensive option16.5–18.0
Slightly above-average player15.0–16.5
Rotation player13.0–15.0
Non-rotation player11.0–13.0
Fringe roster player9.0–11.0
Player who won't stick in the league0-9.0

Using this system here is here our players stack up
All-time great season35.0+
Runaway MVP candidate30.0–35.0
Strong MVP candidate27.5–30.0
Weak MVP candidate25.0–27.5
Definite All-Star22.5–25.0
Borderline All-Star20.0–22.5
Second offensive option18.0–20.0
Third offensive option16.5–18.0
Slightly above-average player15.0–16.5
Rotation player13.0–15.0
Non-rotation player11.0–13.0
Fringe roster player9.0–11.0
Player who won't stick in the league0–9.0

Using this system here is how our players stack up this season.

Rickea Jackson 24.5
Sarah Puckett 17.7
Jasmine Powell 16.3 was a little surprised by this but her early season games were not good.
Jewell Spear 18.4
Karoline Striplin 22
Kaiya Wynn 15.2
Tess Darby 10.3
Tamari Key 21.3
Jill Hollingshead 12.3

Accordingly we have one definite star Jackson. Two borderline stars Striplin and Key, Second offensive option Spear and third Puckett. Slighty above average player Powell still like I said she has upped her game tremendously in last 8 games. Jill and Tess qualify as non rotation players which they have to be in the rotation. Injured Wells comes in at 11.3, Strickland 1, and Edie 2.3

According to this our starting lineup should be:

Jackson
Spear
Key
Striplin
and it would have to be Powell as she is a point guard even if Sarah's rating is a little higher. Plus the last three to five game she has been a lot higher that almost anyone on the team.

Sixth Man Puckett
Seventh Wynn
Eighth Hollingshead
Ninth Darby

What was surprising was Powell's season rating. The way she is playing now should boost her season quickly. How high Karoline's rating was. How high Key's rating is in her limited play. That Sarah and Jewell were not a little higher. Just the last game versus Vandy alone Powell had a 27 and Jackson a 26,

Lynn Robert’s only makes a little over four hundred thousand. Would she be a fit at Tennessee also Berube does a good job at Princeton.

Neither would be a good fit, TN you need a coach that can bring in players to compete with SC,LSU i would also add A&M Joni Taylor to the mix because has been able to bring in some good players.

Hope DW does understand because at the end of the season maybe a discussion to make there a chance we lose several games coming up it’s going to be tuff
The man has a complete fact set to weigh the impact of ANY change including the losses off the roster and commitment lists, and a projected ability to replenish by various candidates.

It is still a Jenny’s and Jane’s driven decision and how well he assesses the alternates X’s and O’s translate with those new squads in the SEC. Excellence at a lower level does not always translate.

DOUBT he is ever going to play the ANYBODY would be better card. I still do believe that integrity and conformance to Pat’s principles will be a huge factor and limit the candidate list. That statue is not going anywhere and no level of sleeze will be tolerated on a court with her name on it. It is a tough gig, you have to win and do it the right way. Ethical envelope pushing not allowed. THANKFULLY.

VN Store

Back