Tennessee Lady Vol News

It's called a coach allowing one of their star players (Jordan Horston) to have a home game in front of her family and friends. Some coaches actually genuinely care about their players and not just view them as athletes. This has been a Tennessee tradition, Geno, Dawn, and several other do this as well.

It’s called PLAY SOMEBODY ELSE IN OHIO. Dumbest scheduling move ever.

A “home game for a player” does not necessarily mean in their city.

That was a horrendous way to start the season and you can’t deny it did nothing for the confidence of the team. 29 turnovers and an embarrassing loss.

Jordan herself had 7! Turnovers in that game, I’m not sure that was the kindest “home” game for her.

Started that season 2 and 4. That’s just unkind to your team. Does nothing for your ncaa tournament seeding and damages the confidence of everyone.

Immediately pops the excitement balloon of the fans too. Everyone is ready to see some fun basketball and see the team win a few games. Instead they get to see them hang their heads, embarrassed for the first 1/3 of the season. Idiotic.

Again. Go find Kellie and John and cry with them. Glad there is some sense back in Knoxville from the looks of things.

The fact that John was in charge of scheduling is appalling anyway.

That was a horrendous way to start the season and you can’t deny it did nothing for the confidence of the team. 29 turnovers and an embarrassing loss.

Jordan herself had 7! Turnovers in that game, I’m not sure that was the kindest “home” game for her.

Started that season 2 and 4. That’s just unkind to your team. Does nothing for your ncaa tournament seeding and damages the confidence of everyone.

Immediately pops the excitement balloon of the fans too. Everyone is ready to see some fun basketball and see the team win a few games. Instead they get to see them hang their heads, embarrassed for the first 1/3 of the season. Idiotic.

Again. Go find Kellie and John and cry with them. Glad there is some sense back in Knoxville from the looks of things.

One person's opinion ....this whole argument is dumb on both sides ......why have such a discussion on this the 20/21 day of June 2024 ......asking for a friend.....

The Goal Post continues to move! Let's see who we schedule in place of Colorado a team who didn't have anyone worthy of us losing to this coming season. Hope it's with a better team and not some first or 2nd year Division I team that we can put up 120 points on!

If anything, honor the commitment, we agreed to a 1 and 1, they came here and played us, it was our time to go play them and we took our ball and went home. That's never been our way of doing things and it shouldn't be now.

We also won't know what game it was replaced with, I wonder if we are trying to get out of the MTSU and Memphis games also?
probably to get another home game and bc we don’t want to play in the high altitude at Colorado…We did the same thing with the football team…. cancelled a game against a team that ran the wishbone and chop blocked with their line…. Not a big deal, imo.

You play who's willing to play you, Just keep this same energy come March! No excuses, but then again the expectations aren't that high for this coaching staff as many of you are willing to accept 7th or 8th place finish in the SEC and just making the tournament the first year because she wasn't left with any talent right?

To be fair, when the schedule was made, I imagine everyone was assuming Tamari Key would be back and she would be even more of an enforcer in the paint. If Tamari starts that season like she'd finished the season before, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that game could have gone the opposite way for us. Tamari's illness changed everything about that season. It cannot be overstated how much her absence afftected that season.

To be fair, when the schedule was made, I imagine everyone was assuming Tamari Key would be back and she would be even more of an enforcer in the paint. If Tamari starts that season like she'd finished the season before, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that game could have gone the opposite way for us. Tamari's illness changed everything about that season. It cannot be overstated how much her absence afftected that season.

They did a lot of assuming. Sometimes you need to be realistic and not count chickens before they have hatched

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Without Rickea Jackson missing most of the pre-conference schedule, we would have gotten the higher seed last season. We were a 6 seed last year, that drew an under-seeded 3 seed that wound up in the Final Four after we pushed them to the end of the game on their home floor.

The previous season we lost to Virginia Tech, another Final Four team, in the Sweet Sixteen without Tamari Key, who had neutralized their star center Elizabeth Kitley her sophomore year. Virginia Tech, you may remember, beat our current coach's team in the NCAA first round by FORTY-TWO POINTS, without an injured Elizabeth Kitley.
Hi Earl, if this is you. Try to ignore the grave dancers on here. In their world if you don’t swear on a bible that Kellie never did one good thing as a coach and that CKC was DW’s secret genius plan all along you are not sufficiently loyal to the Lady Vols.
A large, shall we say middle group, hate how things ended for Kellie but are supporting our young, inexperienced, but on some level, impressive new head coach. I feel like if the Lady Vols are your team you’ve got to brush off the actions of the AD and support the HC (who is very likable), the new staff and most importantly the players. That’s just where I’ve come down on the whole thing.

Hi Earl, if this is you. Try to ignore the grave dancers on here. In their world if you don’t swear on a bible that Kellie never did one good thing as a coach and that CKC was DW’s secret genius plan all along you are not sufficiently loyal to the Lady Vols.
A large, shall we say middle group, hate how things ended for Kellie but are supporting our young, inexperienced, but on some level, impressive new head coach. I feel like if the Lady Vols are your team you’ve got to brush off the actions of the AD and support the HC (who is very likable), the new staff and most importantly the players. That’s just where I’ve come down on the whole thing.

Nobody would be visiting that grave if his cry baby butt didn’t stop by every few weeks to bring it back up.

Last edited:
To be fair….. He is the only one bringing up Kellie and has admitted that he never spoke to DW… It is beyond time to let things go and to support this staff. Go Lady Vols!!!

Basically Lucy said, toughen up buttercup. Danny White is also very likable.

1718997825475.jpeg

Reactions: volbeast33
To be fair….. He is the only one bringing up Kellie and has admitted that he never spoke to DW… It is beyond time to let things go and to support this staff. Go Lady Vols!!!
Mmmmm. Lot of off handed digs at Kellie still on here. In my world you can be a fan of Kellie and support the new coach and look forward to seeing how the team plays going forward.

The Goal Post continues to move! Let's see who we schedule in place of Colorado a team who didn't have anyone worthy of us losing to this coming season. Hope it's with a better team and not some first or 2nd year Division I team that we can put up 120 points on!

If anything, honor the commitment, we agreed to a 1 and 1, they came here and played us, it was our time to go play them and we took our ball and went home. That's never been our way of doing things and it shouldn't be now.

We also won't know what game it was replaced with, I wonder if we are trying to get out of the MTSU and Memphis games also?
Bet there are some state politicians REAL interested in keeping those games and the revenue where they are.

Mmmmm. Lot of off handed digs at Kellie still on here. In my world you can be a fan of Kellie and support the new coach and look forward to seeing how the team plays going forward.
Yep…. I love all the ex Lady Vols…. I can also admit that they didn’t get the job done and needed to be replaced. Kim deserves all our support as she tries to rebuild this program.

Which is WAY smarter. If you know you have a big advantage playing at home you need to take it any chance you get.

I still cringe about that Ohio State game two years ago. I’ll never understand who approved that. One of the dumbest scheduling moves I’ve ever seen in WCBB. Wonderful for your team’s confidence to start the season on the road against a team that presses 40 minutes and turn the ball over 29 times.

Pretty much stamped the identity for that team for the rest of the entire season.
Coaches try to schedule “homecoming games” for players. Jordy is from Ohio, so…

Why is that appalling? An assistant coach is almost always in charge of scheduling. Mickie DeMoss and later Nikki Caldwell did the schedule for Pat. Dean Lockwood did for Holly.

He didn’t do it all on his own, the administration was also involved.

Why is that appalling? An assistant coach is almost always in charge of scheduling. Mickie DeMoss and later Nikki Caldwell did the schedule for Pat. Dean Lockwood did for Holly.

He didn’t do it all on his own, the administration was also involved.

Inept. He was inept.

Go find me another program that scheduled a home game for a player against a top 10 ranked opponent the first game of the season, on the road.
When the contract was signed a year in advance, OSU wasn’t projected to be a top-10 team.

I agree that it shouldn’t have been the opener, but OSU had the right to schedule the game within certain parameters and Big Ten Network wanted the game to headline its opening night coverage.

When the contract was signed a year in advance, OSU wasn’t projected to be a top-10 team.

I agree that it shouldn’t have been the opener, but OSU had the right to schedule the game within certain parameters and Big Ten Network wanted the game to headline its opening night coverage.

Yeah so we just agreed to it and got our butt embarrassed. Par for the course with the Harper’s. Agreeable and kind, to a fault.

VN Store

Back