Tennessee Lady Vol News

The Goal Post continues to move! Let's see who we schedule in place of Colorado a team who didn't have anyone worthy of us losing to this coming season. Hope it's with a better team and not some first or 2nd year Division I team that we can put up 120 points on!

If anything, honor the commitment, we agreed to a 1 and 1, they came here and played us, it was our time to go play them and we took our ball and went home. That's never been our way of doing things and it shouldn't be now.

We also won't know what game it was replaced with, I wonder if we are trying to get out of the MTSU and Memphis games also?
We cancelled because the game was supposed to be the first game of a western road trip to Colorado and then Stanford. When Stanford canceled the series last year, it left this game hanging out there by itself. It doesn’t make sense to take a flight across the country for one game when you already have a December plane trip to NYC and a road game at Memphis on the schedule. The Iowa game is effectively replacing the Colorado game.

When the contract was signed a year in advance, OSU wasn’t projected to be a top-10 team.

I agree that it shouldn’t have been the opener, but OSU had the right to schedule the game within certain parameters and Big Ten Network wanted the game to headline its opening night coverage.
Are you saying the contract was signed in the summer of 2021? The school didn’t announce we’d be opening at Ohio St till July 28th, 2022 - just a few weeks before the full schedule was released. The article can be found here:

Tennessee Lady Vols going for nation’s toughest schedule with visit to Ohio State

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Brother, we had people in here the last three years arguing that the schedule wasn’t hard enough. Now you’re blaming Jon because it was too hard. The schedules they made were fine. They didn’t win enough games. Both things can be true.

No, not too hard, poorly designed and overly ambitious early in the season.

Are you saying the contract was signed in the summer of 2021? The school didn’t announce we’d be opening at Ohio St till July 28th, 2022 - just a few weeks before the full schedule was released. The article can be found here:

Tennessee Lady Vols going for nation’s toughest schedule with visit to Ohio State
Correct. The vast majority of non-conference series are scheduled at least a year out, most of the time two. You have to lay it out that far in advance so you don’t end up in a MTE with a team you’re already set to play in the regular season. It’s also how Tennessee ended up one game short and playing Liberty on the road last year when UConn and Stanford both pulled the plug on scheduled games during the summer. It was too late to find other opponents.

Correct. The vast majority of non-conference series are scheduled at least a year out, most of the time two. You have to lay it out that far in advance so you don’t end up in a MTE with a team you’re already set to play in the regular season. It’s also how Tennessee ended up one game short and playing Liberty on the road last year when UConn and Stanford both pulled the plug on scheduled games during the summer. It was too late to find other opponents.

Funny. Other teams make schedule changes just like you mentioned. Instead we were at the mercy of everyone else.

Inept.

We cancelled because the game was supposed to be the first game of a western road trip to Colorado and then Stanford. When Stanford canceled the series last year, it left this game hanging out there by itself. It doesn’t make sense to take a flight across the country for one game when you already have a December plane trip to NYC and a road game at Memphis on the schedule. The Iowa game is effectively replacing the Colorado game.
Exactly.

There was no point in playing that game. Waste of a road game against a crappy team. Glad we aren’t re-scheduling either. Colorado probably looking for a new coach after next season. I’m also a CU fan and had high hopes but last season was as good as it’s going to get for Payne.

She lost every valuable player off her roster for the most part and did not replenish. She is done for next season.

Bye-bye higher NCAA tournament seeds based on on a top 5 strength of schedule...
Easier schedule, better record. It balances. Smoke and mirrors SOS seedlings are not required. Does the seeding committee change their criteria based on a change in CKC’s scheduling philosophy?

Not sure what is so difficult here. Moving forward we’ll need to better formulate the schedule.

Hi Earl, if this is you. Try to ignore the grave dancers on here. In their world if you don’t swear on a bible that Kellie never did one good thing as a coach and that CKC was DW’s secret genius plan all along you are not sufficiently loyal to the Lady Vols.
A large, shall we say middle group, hate how things ended for Kellie but are supporting our young, inexperienced, but on some level, impressive new head coach. I feel like if the Lady Vols are your team you’ve got to brush off the actions of the AD and support the HC (who is very likable), the new staff and most importantly the players. That’s just where I’ve come down on the whole thing.
Kellie weighs more than a duck…

IMG_5350.gif

Me too, but I was super hopeful. It’s rough out there for track athletes, so I hope someone takes a chance and signs her. She’s so talented, and I think she would have shaken things up at the Trials if healthy 🙁
I like the way you cheer for track and field. As I'm sure you know, LV Track and Field was our programs' most recent national championship until last night, having won the NCAA Indoor National Championship in 2009, a year after Pat's amazing tenure.

Baseball is now a beacon and model for Tennessee resurgence across the board! LFG! 🍊 We came soooo close to a dual championships with softball and baseball this year. We're on the rise everywhere!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back