Tennessee Lady Vols Volleyball 2023

I haven't been to see a Lady Vol VB game in recent years. But does the venue they play still have that volleyball mounted in the wall looking like somebody smashed it in there? I loved that back in the day if it's gone.
They play in TBA

Not that I think Kirt is a great coach, they do have six injuries knocking starters and big minute players out for the season. One of those would be our all time leading scorer had she not torn her acl
Excuses.. UT had injuries in back to back Championships. This is on Kirt and he needs gone, not HC material. Soccer's Holly Warlick

Hoped for a different result but we were out played at the net (blocks) and the back line (digs). Arkansas deserved to win. They are very good. It will be difficult to win the conference with two losses.

Felt like we did not win a single point in prolonged rallies which crushed any opportunity to gain momentum. Also felt our back line was out of position on great digs (from Arkansas) on balls where we normally score.

Need to regroup and fight for NCAA seeding. We are an excellent team.
I was still hoping to see Beeker and Pawlik in the game for blocks, but that didn’t happen.

I was still hoping to see Beeker and Pawlik in the game for blocks, but that didn’t happen.

@Volfaninfl2 I agree on wanting to see Beeker and Pawlik in the rotation. I think our coaching staff has decided Chase is the best option.

Chase played well and when she got a good set she made it count usually scoring. I realize modern vollybally is fast paced, hard hitting with the objective to get the ball out to the pin and have one of your best hitters put it away. However, Arkansas did such a phenomenal job of blocking at the corners, wish we could have set Chase up in the middle more.

Have been so impressed with our defense up until the last two games. We have moved fluidly reminding me of an ameba.

Against Arkansss we were caught out of position and flat footed. Arkansas on the other hand was disciplined and never out of position making incredible digs on most every point. Don't think we played our best game but Arkansas was clearly the better team, at least during the last three sets.

#2Nebraska knocked off #1 Wisconsin 3-2. Last night...
I watched part of the game. It was 14 all in the 5th set. Nebraska challenged that Wisconsin netted on the play that made it 14-14. After the review, they said Wisconsin was, indeed, in the net. The result was Nebraska 15 Wisconsin 13 in the 5th and deciding set.

I watched part of the game. It was 14 all in the 5th set. Nebraska challenged that Wisconsin netted on the play that made it 14-14. After the review, they said Wisconsin was, indeed, in the net. The result was Nebraska 15 Wisconsin 13 in the 5th and deciding set.
I watched the whole match and it was nip and tug the whole way. Both teams are elite. The replay showed that wisconsin was indeed in the net. Love good volleyball whoever it is!

I do like the review system in volleyball but on net violations if play has continued after the violation I do not think it should be reviewable. Coach should have to pull the card as soon as they notice and not after they have lost the point for some other reason.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I do like the review system in volleyball but on net violations if play has continued after the violation I do not think it should be reviewable. Coach should have to pull the card as soon as they notice and not after they have lost the point for some other reason.
Yes but the coach has to get clairfication of what the call was from the official before he knows what he is challenging.

VN Store

Back