Tennessee Lady Vols Volleyball 2023

Tennessee volleyball shutouts LSU. Great game. Beautiful volleyball. 15th shutout ( I think).
Just wanted to let you people know the game time in the UT press release for the Lady Vols match against Texas A&M on Sunday is incorrect. The match starts at 2pm eastern, not 3pm as stated. I assume the reason for the mixup is the different time zone. The 2pm start is confirmed on both the Comcast and Amazon fire stick ESPN upcoming schedules.

If Arkansas beats Kentucky at Arkansas on 11/22 there will be a three way tie for first place. We split with Kentucky. We lost to Arkansas in our only meeting but beat Georgia who gave Arkansas their 2nd loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
If Arkansas beats Kentucky at Arkansas on 11/22 there will be a three way tie for first place. We split with Kentucky. We ost to Arkansas in our only meeting but beat Georgia who gave Arkansas their 2nd loss.
So is there a 3-way tie for the regular season championship or does it go to a tiebreaker?

Tiebreaker will be used for seating in the SEC tournament. If all three teams finish with the same record, all three teams will share the Championship ( I think). I am basing this off last year's East Division Soccer Championship. We lost to SC but had the same record and therefore shared the East Division Championship.

@tbwhhs volleyball tournament has been reinstated for 2023. It was last played in 2005. Can"t find much about a tournament schedule but several articles about reinstatement for 2023.

Last edited:
So is there a 3-way tie for the regular season championship or does it go to a tiebreaker?

A tiebreaker would be used to determine who gets the automatic bid to the ncaa tournament, but all 3 would share the SEC championship since there is no conference tournament anymore

I’m also working on calling a soccer futbol field pitch. 😉
The Lady Vols swept Miss. State 3 games to zip tonight at Thompson-Boling. The Orange play their last match of the regular season at South Carolina on Saturday at 1pm on SEC Network +. Went to the NCAA volleyball website and found info on the NCAA tourney.
The NCAA tourney volleyball selection show is Sunday, Nov. 26 at 6pm on ESPNU. First and second rounds are Nov. 30 - Dec. 2. The Lady Vols are a shoe-in to host the first and second rounds. Regionals (Round of 16 and eight) are Dec. 7 - Dec. 9. Semifinals are Dec. 14 and National Championship final is Dec. 17. Semifinals and final are played at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.

Last edited:
UT won again 3 0 over Mississippi State, 5 straight sweeps. Also UK swept Arkansas 3 0 on the road. UT just needs to win at South Carolina Sunday and will wrap up 2nd place and would go 9-0 on the road in the SEC. Impressive season so far.

Will be pulling hard for Florida to beat Kentucky this weekend so Tennessee could get a share of the SEC.

Will be pulling hard for Florida to beat Kentucky this weekend so Tennessee could get a share of the SEC.
If UF does beat UK I wonder who would get the #1 seed? If there is a SEC tourney this season. UK would have lost to us and UF and UT would have lost to UK and 3 seed Arkansas.

**Edited it to add, I wrote this forgetting what I read above so I apologize. If the Selection Show is this Sunday obviously there won't be an SEC tourney.

Last edited:
Just looking at SEC standings I saw Alabama is winless at 0 and 17, losing 51 sets and only winning 5 sets TOTAL in 17 SEC games. That's got to be a record how bad Alabama is this season. Likely to be swept by a pretty good Texas AM team Sunday. Playing 59 sets and only winning 5 total and haven't won more than 1 set in an SEC match all season. Yikes. Bama went 10 1 in non conference as well.

If UF does beat UK I wonder who would get the #1 seed? If there is a SEC tourney this season. UK would have lost to us and UF and UT would have lost to UK and 3 seed Arkansas.

**Edited it to add, I wrote this forgetting what I read above so I apologize. If the Selection Show is this Sunday obviously there won't be an SEC tourney.
Since there is not a tournament, the only tiebreaker is to determine the SEC automatic bid, and even that is irrelevant since the league will have several bids.

VN Store

Back