Tennessee Lady Vols Volleyball 2023

A 6’3” setter!
A 6’4” MB:

Welcome LV 🏐ers!

A 6’3” setter!
A 6’4” MB:

Welcome LV 🏐ers!
Camdyn Stucky sounds like a game-changer- a 6'3'' lefty setter. Just think what she can do at the net on blocks and kills on put-backs. Can't wait to see her in action. I'm glad she's coming to school in the spring, also. If I were Caroline Kerr, I would be just a little worried too.

Tennesse beats Georgia 3 sets to 1. It was a dawg fight to the end but Tennessee was just better down the stretch. Just beautiful volleyball.
Great win by the Lady Vols. They persevered down the stretch and it helped that Georgia did a little choke-choke at the end of the fourth set. Tennessee stays in position to host in the NCAA tourney but they can't take Ole Miss lightly. They need to stay on the accelerator. Moore and Fingall had great nights in kills and Raven Chase had some great blocks and some critical kills. Had another great crowd, they were late arriving but when they all got there they were sizable.

Camdyn Stucky sounds like a game-changer- a 6'3'' lefty setter. Just think what she can do at the net on blocks and kills on put-backs. Can't wait to see her in action. I'm glad she's coming to school in the spring, also. If I were Caroline Kerr, I would be just a little worried too.
The UT press release on Camdyn Stucky mentions that she was also a high school softball pitcher. If she's anywhere as good in softball as she is in volleyball, then Karen Weekly needs to look her up. She could be just what the Lady Vols softball team is looking for as a safety valve fifth pitcher. A 6'3'' lefty pitcher would be very formidable. I am dead serious about this suggestion. The softball and volleyball seasons do not clash with each other schedule wise, either, although Eve Rackam Watt would probably want Camdyn to practice exclusively with the volleyball team in the spring when she enters school. But surely something could be worked out.

Reactions: orange beard
The UT press release on Camdyn Stucky mentions that she was also a high school softball pitcher. If she's anywhere as good in softball as she is in volleyball, then Karen Weekly needs to look her up. She could be just what the Lady Vols softball team is looking for as a safety valve fifth pitcher. A 6'3'' lefty pitcher would be very formidable. I am dead serious about this suggestion. The softball and volleyball seasons do not clash with each other schedule wise, either, although Eve Rackam Watt would probably want Camdyn to practice exclusively with the volleyball team in the spring when she enters school. But surely something could be worked out.
Looked up softball mentions for Camdyn Stucky in 2023 for the state of Kansas. She was honorable mention all-state class 5AA as a softball pitcher. Not bad, and something to think about as a two-sport elite athlete.

I had similar thoughts too and considered that her physical attributes are similar to Monica Abbot‘s. Did notice, too, that her father is the softball coach, so her desire might be to focus on just one sport post high school…???

I
I had similar thoughts too and considered that her physical attributes are similar to Monica Abbot‘s. Did notice, too, that her father is the softball coach, so her desire might be to focus on just one sport post high school…???

I don't see why she couldn't do both sports. Her father being the high school softball coach surely instilled in her a love for the sport. Athletes are recruited to UT for just one sport, especially the women, but who or what says that has to be the norm. She could be one of the first Lady Vol two sport players if she really wanted to be and I hope she does. It just needs to be put into action by the coaches and administrators. Ron Widby did it for the men Vols in football and basketball.

Reactions: orange beard
I don’t think that it’s out of the realm of possibility provided her interest is there to pursue it. Each of those two programs could conceivably be challenging for National Championships in their respective sports during her college tenure. It would be a tremendous undertaking to commit to the year-round expectations of each program while handling her academics. Also, would her decision to contribute in both sports put at risk potential stardom in just one? It has probably been discussed and certainly provokes curiosity. Back in the day, Tanya Haave and Vonda Ward joined their respective volleyball teams after their bball eligibility expired. Who knows….

I don’t think that it’s out of the realm of possibility provided her interest is there to pursue it. Each of those two programs could conceivably be challenging for National Championships in their respective sports during her college tenure. It would be a tremendous undertaking to commit to the year-round expectations of each program while handling her academics. Also, would her decision to contribute in both sports put at risk potential stardom in just one? It has probably been discussed and certainly provokes curiosity. Back in the day, Tanya Haave and Vonda Ward joined their respective volleyball teams after their bball eligibility expired. Who knows….
Think it's possible Tennessee host a regional???

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Most definitely. Tennessee is ranked no.10 nationally at this point in time. The top sixteen teams get to host the first two rounds of the NCAA tourney, just like in basketball and softball. I don't know what the Lady Vols' RPI ranking is right now, but surely it is decent since they played teams like Wisconsin, Florida, Arkansas and Kentucky.

VN Store

Back