Tennessee Vanderbilt Game Thread - 1/10/2007

Losing early on hurts, especially to Vandy. What happens if we hit a skid like last year? We need wins against the Vandy's of the SEC so that we can sustain losses to the Florida's.

Terrible loss to a bad team. You get what you deserve. Play garbage basketball, get trash for a result. We'll be fortunate to win 2 SEC road games.

Half empty?

Are you kidding? A team with 4 frosh who play a lot, and this is their first test at Memorial Gym? If the tip-in hadn't happened, we'd be saying this was a huge win, that we passed a huge road test.

They will bounce back, I am sure. Ga. Tech got beat soundly at Vandy earlier this year. We lost on a last-second tip-in.

It doesn't really matter, this loss probably wont effect us that much. It might light a fire under our asses, actually.

The Vols didn't play anywhere close to their best and it took a last second tip in to lose the conference road opener... not exactly encouraging, but I dunno about writing the season off...

40 % from the Free Throw Line will do that to you....

That is the problem..

I can't think of one other major problem on this team tonight other than the fact that everytime Childress entered the game, his man used him and scored on him time and time again...

Half empty?

Are you kidding? A team with 4 frosh who play a lot, and this is their first test at Memorial Gym? If the tip-in hadn't happened, we'd be saying this was a huge win, that we passed a huge road test.

They will bounce back, I am sure. Ga. Tech got beat soundly at Vandy earlier this year. We lost on a last-second tip-in.

However you have to keep in mind that this is still Vandy. A team that lost to Appalachian State. If we use your reasoning, App St. is better than us. Memorial is pretty much a home game.

Half empty?

How did Furman do in the vaunted Memorial Gym?

40 % from the Free Throw Line will do that to you....

Now THAT is a stat we can/should've done something about. Would've made the difference.

I don't like hearing so much about sloppy basketball, b/c if you haven't figured it out by now, that is the type of basketball we play - that's how we win - not by looking good, but by making the other team look bad.

JaJuan didn't have a good night either, other than that 3 late.

Childress being abused isn't anything new.

It was a bad loss, but I wouldn't expect us to play that badly throughout the remainder of our schedule. We may, but I doubt it.

The Vols didn't play anywhere close to their best and it took a last second tip in to lose the conference road opener... not exactly encouraging, but I dunno about writing the season off...
I'm not writing the season off. I'm simply saying this is going to be a bad road team.

VN Store

Back