Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Offensive rating of 83 against KenPom’s “tier a” competition. If he weren’t already going into his 4th year that wouldn’t be too concerning. Just wonder how he would transition from the WAC to the SEC
This was my question when people were touting him, he has good size but his success against top competition isn’t really there, so risk/reward would scare me a bit.

Uros is not any good but I agree he's probably not going anywhere as a senior. He loves this program. If he can get a tad better maybe he can average 6 points 4 rebounds next year.
Uros does what the coaches want him to..play defense, get rebounds, get under players skin and score some. If he wasnt any good he wouldn't be playing much less starting

Just looked up Aimaq’s stats. A 6’11” center who shot 44% from 3 and 48% from 2. Interesting. Kind of an odd player profile.
I noticed that too. He has a 9 min highlight vid on youtube and most of his buckets are dunks or point blank layups. How do you miss enough other shots to bring your % below 50? Uros shot 57% this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I noticed that too. He has a 9 min highlight vid on youtube and most of his buckets are dunks or point blank layups. How do you miss enough other shots to bring your % below 50? Uros shot 57% this year.

Given that point blank shots at the rim are our biggest shooting struggle, I can live with him being money from 2 feet and in, and nowhere else, if that's what he ended up being.

I just want one guy, who when he gets the ball under the basket, he's going to smash it home instead of trying some soft, finesse layup.

I just want one guy, who when he gets the ball under the basket, he's going to smash it home instead of trying some soft, finesse layup.

For real. I can’t believe how many times I watched our 6’11 and 7’1” post players try to kiss it off the class from one foot rather than yam it down some throats. I’ll never understand it.

We buy minutes with Uros because our rotation works.
Trust me this is not a dump on Uros exchange but a discussion about his strengths and weaknesses. He's not the only post that needs to improve. He has improved during his time at Tennessee but he still plays with a lack of confidence and he still has below average hands.

He's tough, he plays hard and he's a good teammate. As I have mentioned, he appeared afraid to take the ball straight up against an undersized Longwood and when given some chances was tapping rebounds out instead of corraling the ball and going for second chance points. He's frustrating to watch but I like him because he's a character guy. I think his best strength is we aren't outsized when we play a team with tall players which he neutralizes.

Uros was a top 3 scorer and the leading rebounder vs Michigan with a couple of steals. With all due respect, he bangs with the bigs. The other bigs do not.

There’s room for all. But he can score.

Offensive rating of 83 against KenPom’s “tier a” competition. If he weren’t already going into his 4th year that wouldn’t be too concerning. Just wonder how he would transition from the WAC to the SEC

I'm no talent scout, but I'm not sure from watching those highlights how well he translates. Shot is very slow. Plays below the rim, finesse. He barely backed anyone down on the block just went over the top of much smaller players. The rebounding numbers are intriguing though.

I'm no talent scout, but I'm not sure from watching those highlights how well he translates. Shot is very slow. Plays below the rim, finesse. He barely backed anyone down on the block just went over the top of much smaller players. The rebounding numbers are intriguing though.
Having watched it, I'm not convinced, either. I don't think he's immediately impactful, anyway. He probably gives slightly better numbers than Uros does. Like I said earlier, he reminds me of Brian Williams.

His other 6 finalists were Memphis, Florida State, Miami, Seton Hall, Arkansas, and Indiana. Guessing Seton Hall is out. Miami and Indiana have subsequently signed a 4* PF each, though that doesn’t always mean anything.
Florida State or Miami are my guess, but it is just that...a guess.

VN Store

Back