Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Curious if Tennessee pursues, was only a freshman so would have 3 years remaining…good size and is listed as a CG, rebounds well for his position, really excels in 2pt% which was a weakness of ours. From some Twitter searching he’s a guy who some folks have their eye on as a potential NBA guy down the road.

Curious if Tennessee pursues, was only a freshman so would have 3 years remaining…good size and is listed as a CG, rebounds well for his position, really excels in 2pt% which was a weakness of ours. From some Twitter searching he’s a guy who some folks have their eye on as a potential NBA guy down the road.

I would think his pursuit would hinge somewhat on what Santi and JJJ do?

I saw this name last night and wondered. Level of completion he played worries me a bit.

OVC is pretty solid, obviously not P5 but now LM either…he had a really good showing the other night against Vanderbilt.
I’d rather have the NC state transfer while his shot needs work his has a good dribble drive and I’ve seen him go against some good competition and get buckets. The players around him at ncstate were pitiful

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I’d rather have the NC state transfer while his shot needs work his has a good dribble drive and I’ve seen him go against some good competition and get buckets. The players around him at ncstate were pitiful
I really don't know how you can make a case for Hayes over Richard unless you simply look at recruiting rankings and where they currently are; Belmont vs NCSU. And both of those things are intrinsically related.

Richard has better size, better numbers in areas that translate, significantly better shooting percentages, a better defender according to advanced metrics, and an additional year of eligibility.

OVC is pretty solid, obviously not P5 but now LM either…he had a really good showing the other night against Vanderbilt.
Against KP Tier A he had a 121 offensive rating which is pretty stellar. 44% from 3 in those games, 62% from 2, 100% FT, and averaged 6.2 rebounds. Not stats you’d expect from a freshman. Has good size too. Looks like he played more as a 3/4 for Belmont

I really don't know how you can make a case for Hayes over Richard unless you simply look at recruiting rankings and where they currently are; Belmont vs NCSU. And both of those things are intrinsically related.

Richard has better size, better numbers in areas that translate, significantly better shooting percentages, a better defender according to advanced metrics, and an additional year of eligibility.
Better competition matters

Against KP Tier A he had a 121 offensive rating which is pretty stellar. 44% from 3 in those games, 62% from 2, 100% FT, and averaged 6.2 rebounds. Not stats you’d expect from a freshman. Has good size too.
He had 16 pts and 5 rebs on 6-12 shooting (4-8 from 3), 3 assts, a steal, a block, and 1 TO on the road at LSU.

Against KP Tier A he had a 121 offensive rating which is pretty stellar. 44% from 3 in those games, 62% from 2, 100% FT, and averaged 6.2 rebounds. Not stats you’d expect from a freshman. Has good size too. Looks like he played more as a 3/4 for Belmont
Wow, that’s some impressive numbers, would seem like an ideal 3 but also a versatile piece.

Better competition matters
I agree that better competition matters (to an extent), and Richard only played 2 games against high major teams (LSU and Vandy). He more than held his own in those matchups, and LSU was one of the best defensive teams in the country.

Further pursuant to the competition point, Hayes has already proven across two years that he's an average talent at the high major level, and he only has two more years to change another team's mind. Additionally, he got worse and lost minutes from his freshman year to his sophomore year, so hard to point at it and say it was a fluke.

Any chance we're talking with the two Alabama PFs that just entered?

Keon Ambrose-Hylton & Alex Tchikou both are 4 star kids outta HS and top 150 players.

Also Cam Hayes was someone we pursued outta HS so he could be an option. The fact he's been at NC State for two years on a bad team though worries me...mostly because he never emerged as a starter for them. His per 40 though show he fits that mold of a good assist guy who generates steals while keeping TOs low.

Any chance we're talking with the two Alabama PFs that just entered?

Keon Ambrose-Hylton & Alex Tchikou both are 4 star kids outta HS and top 150 players.

Also Cam Hayes was someone we pursued outta HS so he could be an option. The fact he's been at NC State for two years on a bad team though worries me...mostly because he never emerged as a starter for them. His per 40 though show he fits that mold of a good assist guy who generates steals while keeping TOs low.

Neither of those guys have done anything to make anyone think those rankings were accurate, not sure why we’d pursue.

Another potential portal guard, Jaelin Llewellyn would have it looks like 2 years of eligibility left. Been a 3 year starter at Princeton and a career 14.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.5 apg guy with low turnovers. We offered him out of HS as well, former 4 star top 100 player and a top 20 guard.

Reactions: BristolVol
Another potential portal guard, Jaelin Llewellyn would have it looks like 2 years of eligibility left. Been a 3 year starter at Princeton and a career 14.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.5 apg guy with low turnovers. We offered him out of HS as well, former 4 star top 100 player and a top 20 guard.
That’s someone I would take in a heartbeat

Neither of those guys have done anything to make anyone think those rankings were accurate, not sure why we’d pursue.

True. We've had good success with international players though so may be able to get more out of them than Bama has. (Keon being from Canada originally it appears and Alex from France)

Is he in the portal?

VN Store

Back