Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Yup, in for a biggggg challenge. At least he got his starting PG from Murray. Good start.

And a second player. I feel like it's super slimy to steal from your former school when leaving, especially when they gave you your first shot as a head coach. LSU gonna LSU I suppose.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
And a second player. I feel like it's super slimy to steal from your former school when leaving, especially when they gave you your first shot as a head coach. LSU gonna LSU I suppose.
If the kids are entering the portal and leaving that school regardless I see zero issue with it

That doesn’t really make sense. They only entered the portal and left to follow him. Slimy.
You don’t know that though, say he told those kids he wouldn’t take them at LSU, do they still transfer elsewhere? Not every player from Murray State that transfers will end up at LSU, if those players enter the portal there’s no issue in pursuing them imo, especially given the fact he literally has 0 scholarship players currently lol.

Reactions: Lankykong
You don’t know that though, say he told those kids he wouldn’t take them at LSU, do they still transfer elsewhere? Not every player from Murray State that transfers will end up at LSU, if those players enter the portal there’s no issue in pursuing them imo, especially given the fact he literally has 0 scholarship players currently lol.

I mean we can agree to disagree. I think the professional thing would be not to steal from your old school. Now the 0 scholarship players is funny and also might change my opinion a bit lol.

I mean we can agree to disagree. I think the professional thing would be not to steal from your old school. Now the 0 scholarship players is funny and also might change my opinion a bit lol.
I think telling kids to enter the portal and come to your school is shady, kinda Kiffin/Orgeronish telling kids not to attend class…but if a kid is 100% transferring from Murray State then I have no issue with the coach pursuing him, iirc Heupel said that’s essentially what he would do with UCF players.

Reactions: Lankykong
So, so far sounds like we’ve reached out to a certain extent with transfers:

Jaelin Llewellyn Princeton 1/2yrs remaining PG 6’2” 175lbs 33mpg 16ppg 2.5apg 4.1rpg 45%fg 50%2ptfg 39%3ptfg 70%ft

Nijel Pack Kansas State 2/3yrs remaining CG 6’0” 180lbs 33mpg 17ppg 2.2apg 3.8rpg 46%fg 48%2ptfg 44%3ptfg 85%ft

Brandon Murray LSU 3/4yrs reaming SF 6’5” 214lbs 31mpg 10ppg 3.0rpg 43%fg 49%2ptfg 34%3ptfg 68%ft

Will Richard Belmont 3/4yrs remaining SF 6’5” 195lbs 28mpg 12ppg 6rpg 2apg 47%fg 60%2ptfg 33%3ptfg 80%ft

So, so far sounds like we’ve reached out to a certain extent with transfers:

Jaelin Llewellyn Princeton 1/2yrs remaining PG 6’2” 175lbs 33mpg 16ppg 2.5apg 4.1rpg 45%fg 50%2ptfg 39%3ptfg 70%ft

Nijel Pack Kansas State 2/3yrs remaining CG 6’0” 180lbs 33mpg 17ppg 2.2apg 3.8rpg 46%fg 48%2ptfg 44%3ptfg 85%ft

Brandon Murray LSU 3/4yrs reaming SF 6’5” 214lbs 31mpg 10ppg 3.0rpg 43%fg 49%2ptfg 34%3ptfg 68%ft

Will Richard Belmont 3/4yrs remaining SF 6’5” 195lbs 28mpg 12ppg 6rpg 2apg 47%fg 60%2ptfg 33%3ptfg 80%ft

I wonder if we will reach out to more PG's in the portal. Some of the latest to enter the portal:

1. Courtney Ramey - #43 player coming out of high school.
  2. KK Robinson - #63 player coming out of high school.
  3. Nijel Pack - per your stats above
  4. Keeshawn Barthelemy - #170 player coming out of high school
  5. Mark Sears - 19.6ppg, 6.0reb, 4.1asst, 44.4%FG, 40.8%3PT - I like these numbers and more impressive actual performance versus some high school rating alone

I wonder if we will reach out to more PG's in the portal. Some of the latest to enter the portal:

1. Courtney Ramey - #43 player coming out of high school.
  2. KK Robinson - #63 player coming out of high school.
  3. Nijel Pack - per your stats above
  4. Keeshawn Barthelemy - #170 player coming out of high school
  5. Mark Sears - 19.6ppg, 6.0reb, 4.1asst, 44.4%FG, 40.8%3PT - I like these numbers and more impressive actual performance versus some high school rating alone
I could see Barthelemy or Sears potentially being targets

I realize that the PG makes the drive a little smoother. But sometimes the drive needs to get a little muddy. we need a big man that can get points in the paint.

I realize that the PG makes the drive a little smoother. But sometimes the drive needs to get a little muddy. we need a big man that can get points in the paint.
I think the staff feels decent about the chances of Nkahmoua/BHH/Aidoo/Plav at least progressing a little bit.

Felix Okpara, Ohio State commit from Chattanooga, TN, plays for Link Prep. He is the #50 in the class. He does not even start for this high school team. Insane.

And the other team might be even better.

Malik Reneau with 3 mins left in the 1st half.
13 points (5/7 from the field, 3/4 FT)
7 Rebounds
1 Block

Great feet and a nasty left hook. NEEEDDDDDDD

Probably not the best comparison but he reminds me of Armando Bacot and Grant Williams mixed into one

Malik Reneau with 3 mins left in the 1st half.
13 points (5/7 from the field, 3/4 FT)
7 Rebounds
1 Block

Great feet and a nasty left hook. NEEEDDDDDDD

Probably not the best comparison but he reminds me of Armando Bacot and Grant Williams mixed into one
would you rather have him or phillips?

VN Store

Back