Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Jmo but Barnes seems like one them Ole Skool coaches,hes all about the game and playing it the rite way or the "Barnes Way".What I'm saying is it takes a special or certain type of player to be able to really understand him.I could totally see him giving "ZERO f*cz"how many stars u got or ranked etc.I could see Pearl personality winning a family over Barnes personality.Isnt a knock on him just making a observation.

Let’s not throw on Orange Shades here. Miami just made an Elite 8 and is historically a better basketball program and in a better basketball conference than Tennessee. It makes plenty of sense.
It makes sense in a lot of ways but not the historically better one. This was Miami’s first elite 8. 4 sweet sixteens in their history, 2 regular season conference titles and 1 tournament conference title. We also have way more tournament appearances in than them.

Reactions: LoudOrange
I mean, if he’s choosing where to play basketball based on that I don’t want him anyway.

Talking to and being around multiple high school recruits over the years, their visit priorities are 1) Girls, 2)Party scene, 3) playing time, 4) how much they liked teammates, 5) pro potential with coaches. Those 5 come up near universally when they aren't giving PC answers to reporters. Now you can add NiL potential.

There's a reason every school for years had Vol girls or the equivalent as hostesses. You love Tennessee. These recruits need other things to make them want to go to a place.

Reactions: Volfan1000
How strongly are we pursuing Skyy Clark? Is he someone the staff really wants, or would they rather go to the portal for a PG?

Lot of talk about Cal and the Lakers. I don’t think he’s going to the Lakers, but I can 100% see Cal stepping down/ taking a new role. If so, that would hopefully open the door for Cason Wallace to get out of his NLI and come to UT.

Lot of talk about Cal and the Lakers. I don’t think he’s going to the Lakers, but I can 100% see Cal stepping down/ taking a new role. If so, that would hopefully open the door for Cason Wallace to get out of his NLI and come to UT.

Please no. Keep Cal at Kentucky forever. Never leave us Cal.

Why would he leave UK for the Lakers?

He’s practically robbing the university with that stupid lifetime contract.

Why would he leave UK for the Lakers?

He’s practically robbing the university with that stupid lifetime contract.
Not to pop any Kentucky tobacco juice filled bubbles here, but for a guy who is driven by ego, it’s hard to beat the most recognizable basketball franchise in the world in the largest US media market. In one place, you have retired owners of car dealerships in blue polyester wigs. In the other, you have supermodels and billionaires. I’m sorry that it’s hard to see the draw here, but it’s real. People who want to be on the big stage don’t peak in central Kentucky. He’s at an age where he’ll make a move like this or not. He’s not going to get another equivalent opportunity. He may take it. He may not. If he wants his name next to Pat Reilly, Phil Jackson and Jerry West, Kareem, Magic and Kobe, he’ll take that job.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back